Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hants West Wildlife Association is having a get together/info session on Saturday, Jan 11 at 11 am. Place: HWWA building, 596 Bog Rd, Falmouth. Its open to anyone who wishes to attend.

The intent is to have a casual get together to show appreciation to those who volunteer their valuable time to deliver our programs PLUS provide info on our programs to anyone wishing to become involved or if you simply want to know more about what we do.

It's an opportunity, for all, to receive/give feedback on this past year, share ideas, etc.

HWWA delivers several programs

• Learn 2 Fish
  • Nesting Box Program
  • Woodlands Restoration Program
  • Fish Friends Program
  • Canadian Firearms Safety Course
  • NS Hunter EDucation
  • Annual Ice Fishing Event
  • Stocking of Brook & Rainbow Trout
  • Annual Trout Fingerling Giveaway
  • Women In The Outdoors Event
  • Deer Hunting Workshop
  • Participate in NS RFAC meetings

And new this year - a Youth Mentored Hunt Program

We hope you will take time to drop in and say hello.

·
Registered
537 Posts
What do you have in mind for this "Youth hunt"? I'm definitely in if I am able :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
We plan on instructing the new hunter from the ground up plus we hope that some of these new hunters will become the instructors of tomorrow.Someone said to me that we were pushing the envelop that we were being too agressive in our Outdoor programs I said pushing time is over it is time to rip the envelop apart. This year there was a couple times I was alone in Grande Pre pheasant hunting I counted about a dozen joggers walkers and the like over an afternoon hunt. We can not assume that the young generation is going to take up the field sports, so we take the field sports to them.

Now 308 in some ways you are the start of this stay tuned and see what develops. Gary and I met on a river habitat project a number of years ago; we talked about a number of things to get young people back into the outdoors.Some we were able to do some we kept talking about but as Gary said it is now or never so we are going ahead.Money has been an issue but somehow or other we'll get that sorted out grant or no grant. So any one who want to hear about the future of outdoor education and who wants to be apart of this program come on down to the HWWA building on the Bog Rd. Falmouth besides that is the only way you get to sample my World Famous Pheasant Game Bird Stew. Will probably throw a few clays too. Fielddog

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I wonder if you can get a ns health grant to help fund a program simularvto this province wide. Ns health does give out grants for health and well ness , but never was able to investigate fully. ThevtrPpersvassociation was invited one time to set up a booth at an out door awareness session . other outdoor activity groups were also invited.

I found out later the ns health and wellness was the funder for the event.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fielddog tried that recently, TG - we were unsuccessful.

We normally put in for financial assistance of some kind to help fund our activities. And just cause we get turned down once doesn't mean we don't try that same avenue again, if the opportunity presents itself. This year is no different -have other irons in the fire - time will tell.

Appreciate the heads up!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts