Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
New inventory is low for every brand. Expect to order and wait. More ATV's and SxS's were sold during the pandemic cause people apparently had money burning a hole in their pockets that they needed to spend. Add in production delays because of Covid and it's a perfect storm of demand outstripping supply.

The used market isn't any better. Bunch of overpriced garbage because demand is so high.

If it were me I would decide on what's right for you and just order new from the dealer and play the waiting game. With demand so high I am doubtful on any "deals" either.

Deciding what's right for you is going to be the hardest part, do you want bullet proof reliability? do you want to be turning wrenches all the time to maintain your rig? are you looking for power/speed? are you looking to ride 2 up? Lots of factors to consider.
No deals for sure, there is/ was a rancher in Dartmouth and when I asked about throwing in a winch the salesman just laughed and said take it or leave it won’t be here for long. I DONT turn wrenches any more!
Not real fussy Honda or Yamaha but like I said need it before the 2nd Monday in September!

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Buy yourself a Yamaha 3D. Order it now and it may be here before deer season. I believe lead time is averaging 3 months. A Kodiak 450 may be all you need but I'd still go 700.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Rubicon

Reactions: beaverhunter

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a Rubicon and love it. It's no speed demon but gets the job done. I think they are probably all good as long as you look after them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2020 Honda Rubicon 520, comes with IRS and PS, I love it. Compared to my 2005 Suzuki 400 Eiger, well, there is no comparison. Drives smooth, steers easily and has lots of power. It's not a speed demon but I don't drive fast anyways. Take it easy and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Besides alcohol, I can almost guarantee that the large % of other accidents have a lot to do with heavy powerful machines. I have friends who drive big ass Can Am's, although a nice machine, if that thing gets stuck it's stuck and they go super fast and if ever rolled could easily crush someone as their wet weight must be close to 1,000 lb. With a honda you are probably almost half the weight and you could man handle it and rock it out of a bad situation.

It's similar when you look at motorcycles, you can buy a cruiser or lower powered bike and get out of a lot of bad situations, same can't be said when you are riding a 600cc or 1000cc sportbike with more power than most can handle.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Besides alcohol, I can almost guarantee that the large % of other accidents have a lot to do with heavy powerful machines. I have friends who drive big ass Can Am's, although a nice machine, if that thing gets stuck it's stuck and they go super fast and if ever rolled could easily crush someone as their wet weight must be close to 1,000 lb. With a honda you are probably almost half the weight and you could man handle it and rock it out of a bad situation.

It's similar when you look at motorcycles, you can buy a cruiser or lower powered bike and get out of a lot of bad situations, same can't be said when you are riding a 600cc or 1000cc sportbike with more power than most can handle.
You can’t imagine the relief I felt when my son sold his crotchrocket and bought a fat Boy!
Was telling me one time about doing 240+ on the airport stretch, saw blue light behind him and figured he couldn’t loose them so started slowing down but the cops blew right by him, so he cranked her up again but couldn’t catch them. Every time I heard a bike winding out I always thought,hope it’s not him!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts