Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
Kegger...where abouts are you on the Cape ?
I got a few boxes of 22LR and a couple of 17 HMR I'd like to get to you for your son to use and get some more practice in at the club.
We go down every fall...TG weekend usually and a few guys on here travel back and forth from time to time thru out the summer...should be no problem getting it to you. You can PM me for some contact info...Cheers...Kevin

·
Registered
779 Posts
new to the hunting scene, and my son is bummed he can't shoot a rifle or shotgun under 12, outside of a range, and can't seem to find anything on the topic online ?!?
Under 12:

You can do supervised shooting with whatever you feel comfortable doing. Supervised means he's within arm's reach, not "I can see him while I read my phone". Be the Dad - demonstrate responsible use, interact, engage with what he's learning. Just a little time with it goes a long ways and keeps them wanting to do more.

You have to consider where you're going to do this as well. If you don't have the land and space, you'll probably need to drive to some wilderness to do this without disturbing anyone.

Off on his own, if they still sell them, airsoft is something to consider. Nerf guns were popular with my kids years ago.

Awhile ago I pulled into my driveway and I heard something ting the truck. Might have been piece of gravel flying up I thought. Then I heard something hit the house siding. Some guys with a pellet pistol were shooting at a target from 2 addresses away and were unaware the projectiles continue moving beyond. I called the police and asked about law in my town. Police said it was legal to shoot a pellet gun there as long as nothing was being damaged. I explained I was getting ground ricochets hitting my vehicle and house and it could probably take out someone's eye. Police came around and explained the problem to the guys - in their young 20's I think - and they packed it up.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts