Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
121 - 140 of 179 Posts

· Registered
7,526 Posts
F'k 3d even with my limited marbles in my head I know not to report myself
If your the person you were referring to I’m confused, you said you sold all yours.
But if not and you do carry you definitely need help.
No marbles just rocks in my head ( gravel 1/2 clear) but Ii keep them packed tight so they don’t rattle.

· Registered
904 Posts
So here's another story for ya concerning land owners .... 300 years ago when I was in high school ... a friend of mine and a bunch of others would go back this woods road with snowmobiles. Landowner told them to stay away from his property (and he had every right to do so) ... but they wouldn't listen. Yup ... 16 year old kids. The Landowner put a thin cable across the road, and my friend was nearly decapitated. Spent many months in the hospital. Guess what ... RCMP charged the Landowner. All fine and dandy to put a cable across the road ... but it needs to be flagged. He could have faced jail time, but from what I remember, he didn't. Just plead guilty to causing bodily harm. So just because you own the land, and repeatedly tell people to stay off of it, doesn't mean you're in the free and clear if shit gets real.
A few people were maimed and/or killed that way years ago. The son of a guy that worked for my father was almost killed when his snowmobile hit a cable. Most often people hit cables across roads that had been there all year long I assume because I never heard of anyone being charged.
In the same was as you are not allowed to shoot someone trying to break into your house, garage, barn or whatever, you are not allowed to "set traps" on your property and injure or kill people either. The guy is lucky he wasn't charged with attempted murder even back then. As you said, just because you own the land and someone else is being a Ahole, you cannot deliberately try to injure them or destroy their property without risking a lot of legal trouble.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Regardless what some may say show me one person that continues to hunt on private land after the owner tells them to leave Under the act
Big joke is all your guys pushing this to new hunters have admitted all private land you hunt on you have permission
WHY it is not required according to what you have been saying and you are so sure you are right
Think about that one
Another one you edited !!!
We merely stated what the law says. As you are fully aware we don’t agree 100% with it, Most of us respect other people and their land and their wishes and try to promote the sport in the best way possible.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
BUT that is NOT what they guys are saying here . They are saying they can keep hunting there regardless
Also if you have any lawyer friends ask if this only applied to day light hours and for hunters only hours and days that it is legal to hunt for them I got an interesting answer and never thought of that before
“Night” is defined by the Criminal Code as between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 am.
HUMM
I don’t hunt at night and hopefully no one else on here hunts at night. !!!!
Do you go back and change ( edit ) all your posts and is that because you hope those that responded to your original post don’t re read it. Looks like a tactic you use to make others look bad, so much for fair play.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Seems pretty simple to me.Hunters are strange bunch.Almost greedy one would say,a sence of self entitlement.We should be teaching others proper ethics,but since joinning this site and reading through many old threads,i see that a lot really dont care about the future of the sport
You are starting to look very familiar
Here before under a different name weren’t you

· Registered
7,526 Posts
I am. :) A new red truck would be nice :)
How stupid do you think I am to show the cards what I would do if you didnot leave and keep coming back you leave when asked we have no issue
Not what I would do it is what I know I can do that works if you keep coming back after told not to
Doesn't matter anyway our family land is sadly all but gone since my grandmother passed and my days of protecting it are over
But I am sure you can hunt on walters land after he tells you to leave and he will show you :p:p what can and has been be done in the cape. Not the 102 dude here
Walter would probably let buckmark and I hunt his land

· Registered
17,692 Posts
Lol- you edited since I responded to it last time, man your something else
Yes sure it is for REMAING ON OR LEAVE CHIT BEHIND ETC ETC BUT not for simple trespass.
Do you really think if someone walks across your backyard without permission he would be charged under tort law.
Ffs the cops probably wouldn’t even respond.
I edited nothing. Like you could remember even if I did NOT

· Registered
7,526 Posts
A few people were maimed and/or killed that way years ago. The son of a guy that worked for my father was almost killed when his snowmobile hit a cable. Most often people hit cables across roads that had been there all year long I assume because I never heard of anyone being charged.
In the same was as you are not allowed to shoot someone trying to break into your house, garage, barn or whatever, you are not allowed to "set traps" on your property and injure or kill people either. The guy is lucky he wasn't charged with attempted murder even back then. As you said, just because you own the land and someone else is being a Ahole, you cannot deliberately try to injure them or destroy their property without risking a lot of legal trouble.
No you have to wait for the intruder to cross the threshold then prove your firearms were properly stored. DO NOT shoot him/her in the back!!!

· Registered
17,692 Posts
It sounds like you approve of what the landowner did. Would you feel the same if it was your kid?? Come on joe think about what you post.
Sure the kid was in the wrong but he was a kid and kids that age get in trouble just like we all did doesn’t mean he should suffer an injury that could effect him the rest of his life.
He was 16 and should know better at that age. My kid has more respect for landowners and would not be there if told not to be
Like I have said before be careful crossing land owners since one has no clue who they are f'n with most times and what some are capable of

· Registered
7,526 Posts
I edited nothing. Like you could remember even if I did NOT
Joe all the posts I quoted now show that they were edited. I highly doubt it was done by any mod unless you paying Kevin to do it. Even then don’t think he would.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
He was 16 and should know better at that age. My kid has more respect for landowners and would not be there if told not to be
Like I have said before be careful crossing land owners since one has no clue who they are f'n with most times and what some are capable of
Shame on you joe so cold towards a kid still wet behind the ears. I guess you were a goodie two shoes and always did as you were told at 16,17,18........

· Registered
17,692 Posts
Joe all the posts I quoted now show that they were edited. I highly doubt it was done by any mod unless you paying Kevin to do it. Even then don’t think he would.
DA I think I don't know that and I edit for spelling 99% of the time and never changed the one you think I did. Sorry didnot have to
Like I said you can remember that would be a first with your memory

· Registered
17,692 Posts
Shame on you joe so cold towards a kid still wet behind the ears. I guess you were a goodie two shoes and always did as you were told at 16,17,18........
You have no clue what I did at 16. No one told me what to do since my dad was dead and mom was never home working two jobs to try to feed us as was I and my brother
Age justifies NOTHING

· Registered
7,526 Posts
One has to be a land owner that people try to hunt on to fully understand what we have seen and faced and now think as we do and do what we have to do unfortunately to protect what we pay taxes on
Get pretty tired of hearing this lol. We owned land at one time ,not a lot just 82 acres with 3/4 of it being woods. Other people hunted it without permission and our thoughts were “ probably need the meat more then we do”. Never bothered them, while maybe once when a guy told Dad he couldn’t walk up his property line. Lol

· Registered
17,692 Posts
If your the person you were referring to I’m confused, you said you sold all yours.
But if not and you do carry you definitely need help.
No marbles just rocks in my head ( gravel 1/2 clear) but Ii keep them packed tight so they don’t rattle.
Once again no memory
Said I sold 12 and kept 2 that are registered and was only joking it was me NOTE the laughing monkey you old fool

· Registered
7,526 Posts
DA I think I don't know that and I edit for spelling 99% of the time and never changed the one you think I did. Sorry didnot have to
Like I said you can remember that would be a first with your memory
As I said those posts were edited and the wording changed and stuff added. If you edit a post the site automatically indicates so at the top of the post so if you didn’t then who did????
The mods only edit out inappropriate content

· Registered
7,526 Posts
You have no clue what I did at 16. No one told me what to do since my dad was dead and mom was never home working two jobs to try to feed us as was I and my brother
Age justifies NOTHING
Guess you never heard of the young offenders act because it says age DOES matter.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Once again no memory
Said I sold 12 and kept 2 that are registered and was only joking it was me NOTE the laughing monkey you old fool
Yes I know and think those two have sentimental value or something like that.

121 - 140 of 179 Posts