Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
161 - 179 of 179 Posts

· Registered
7,526 Posts
I got this today from a member to share
He said the guy went to one of those shotgun shoots Ross supports and met Kevin and some of the boys and ran for the hills :) . Told me to guess what one is Kevin
I have no clue since I have never had the pleasure of meeting him face to face. My guess is the guy up front has to be thunderstick man since there cannot be two people that are that crazy to use a lever:p
Cheers
Front and Center is hairy-one, Kevin is back Center. Thinks that’s greybeard on the left.

That’s me far right buckmark beside me the other guy is WOT.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
You would have to be out of your mind to use a gun to defend yourself in canada even as a last resort any thing else is bad enough
If you do best have real deep pockets just look at the few cases of people that did and how it worked out for them. Yes some may have won in court in the end but cost them everything they own to pay for it
I know what using a rake almost got me and if a gun I know 100% I would have done time
Also know there is no such thing as reasonable force if you are a 300 pounder. I think the judge wanted me to sit on the kid breaking into my garage that time
Us yes make sure they fall in the house shot in the front and take careful aim and use but one bullet since bullets are now very expensive :)
Cheers
Yep cost you a bundle if charged.
But if everything lines up - ie door kicked in and the dead guy has a gun or machete might not get charged.

· Registered
4 Posts
Must be time for another cull then 😀
Don't even get me started on that complete and total fiasco. It should accompany the term Bullshit in the dictionary....

Welcome. I could not even imagine owning land where you do and ther BS you face. We never had moose hunters to deal with thank god
Take care
Must really suck during moose season, too bad so many are like that, no need of leaving garbage behind either. Always thought and have had it proven in the past that the landowner can be very helpful with tips.

From what I can tell, all most folks do is booze cruise hoping to see something to shoot. I live in zone 4 and my highland property is in zone 2 . That observation goes for both zones.
No amount of land owners tips can make up for the lack of suitable habitat the moose now have south of the park. Jackin has never and will never stop , but it pales in comparison to what clear cutting has not only done here , but right across this province. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would not believe a fella trying to tell me about the difference in moose here now compared to even the 1990s. Let alone the difference in the salmon rivers since then.
It is downright shameful what has been allowed to happen .

I have lurked this site for a number of years now and only joined to post in this thread , just to point out that some of us land owners , even hunters ourselves, would just like a little respect and common courtesy. It is disgusting just how entitled people are nowadays.

Just as an example , a few years back during the short moose season I found a group camped out on the side of the road on my land. I chatted them up , hey boys hows she going so far ? any signs? etc etc . I then said just so you know you are set up on private property right now. I immediately got a " oh ya ? well f*%k them " . I then pointed out I was the land owner and had no problem with them being there as long as they left no garbage behind. I was as polite as is possible.
They left as much garbage as they possibly could behind. It actually took me hours to clean up the day after the season ended.

· Registered
422 Posts
Until you are a landowner, you won't understand. Many are quick to say that landowners want to keep the deer to themselves, are greedy etc. Not until you deal with the mess, the jacking, guys bragging about driving around shooting 15 deer so far this year etc., that you realize how poorly managed our wildlife really is. In many ways the landowners are a bigger deterrent than the COs are.

· GREYBEARD
3,310 Posts
I got this today from a member to share
He said the guy went to one of those shotgun shoots Ross supports and met Kevin and some of the boys and ran for the hills :) . Told me to guess what one is Kevin
I have no clue since I have never had the pleasure of meeting him face to face. My guess is the guy up front has to be thunderstick man since there cannot be two people that are that crazy to use a lever:p
Cheers
Ha-ha that's pretty funny, and close to the truth, when I stared on here I did have a greybeard, now I should rename myself as white beard

· Registered
4 Posts
Until you are a landowner, you won't understand. Many are quick to say that landowners want to keep the deer to themselves, are greedy etc. Not until you deal with the mess, the jacking, guys bragging about driving around shooting 15 deer so far this year etc., that you realize how poorly managed our wildlife really is. In many ways the landowners are a bigger deterrent than the COs are.
DNR ,or whatever they go by nowadays , were bought and paid for long ago. They might call themselves conservation officers , but they are boot lickers working for industry , nothing more. In fact in some parts they are part of the ones doing so much damage. Jacking , " guiding " , harassing anyone who says anything about the BS .

I have zero issue with anyone shooting anything to feed themselves or their family. I do have an issue with coming upon a moose who has had just its hind quarters or worse yet , just its f**king rack taken.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Unless you are a landowner you won't understand rings 100% true. So tired of ignorant hunters trying to spin landowners as people who just want their own game preserve. If the snow goes away I will take the camera up to my land. Every thing from car parts, tires, appliances, oil jugs, siding etc etc being dumped. Going to have to get a BFI container dropped off in the spring and gather the junk up. Could easily fill two bins.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
DNR ,or whatever they go by nowadays , were bought and paid for long ago. They might call themselves conservation officers , but they are boot lickers working for industry , nothing more. In fact in some parts they are part of the ones doing so much damage. Jacking , " guiding " , harassing anyone who says anything about the BS .

I have zero issue with anyone shooting anything to feed themselves or their family. I do have an issue with coming upon a moose who has had just its hind quarters or worse yet , just its f**king rack taken.
I remember a few years back when the government was buying up land as a wilderness area. Some of the DNR folks from there sold there lands to the government. Shet lands when there were pristine old farms abandoned available. Once they got the crazy money for such they then clear cut it before it officially changed hands, nothing to see there 😀

· Registered
4 Posts
I remember a few years back when the government was buying up land as a wilderness area. Some of the DNR folks from there sold there lands to the government. Shet lands when there were pristine old farms abandoned available. Once they got the crazy money for such they then clear cut it before it officially changed hands, nothing to see there 😀
Those lands buy backs were just another scam. Buying up land at way above market value , only to make it part of a " protected " area AFTER it is clear cut.
Yup nothing to see here folks.......... Just millions upon millions of tax dollars being funneled into a complete scam...

· Registered
17,692 Posts
Christ I said that and got jumped on :( you and the stick man :) must be special to get away with saying it but I agree 100%:

One has to be a land owner that people try to hunt on to fully understand what we have seen and faced and now think as we do and do what we have to do unfortunately to protect what we pay taxes on
response
Get pretty tired of hearing this lol. We owned land at one time ,not a lot just 82 acres with 3/4 of it being woods. Other people hunted it without permission and our thoughts were “ probably need the meat more then we do”. Never bothered them, while maybe once when a guy told Dad he couldn’t walk up his property line. Lol

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Yes but just from you joe,lol. We never had any real problems like people dumping garbage or doing any damage. But dumping garbage isn’t necessarily hunters. Like you ; and everyone else I have no use for people who don’t respect the outdoors no matter whose land it is. I leave nothing behind except tracks and the odd gut pile. Even carry a pill bottle for my butts if I have a smoke.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Some land owners are greedy doesn’t mean all are. Same as all hunters aren’t slobs.
Illegal dumping should be $10,000 fine min plus clean up the mess.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Don't even get me started on that complete and total fiasco. It should accompany the term Bullshit in the dictionary....

From what I can tell, all most folks do is booze cruise hoping to see something to shoot. I live in zone 4 and my highland property is in zone 2 . That observation goes for both zones.
No amount of land owners tips can make up for the lack of suitable habitat the moose now have south of the park. Jackin has never and will never stop , but it pales in comparison to what clear cutting has not only done here , but right across this province. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would not believe a fella trying to tell me about the difference in moose here now compared to even the 1990s. Let alone the difference in the salmon rivers since then.
It is downright shameful what has been allowed to happen .

I have lurked this site for a number of years now and only joined to post in this thread , just to point out that some of us land owners , even hunters ourselves, would just like a little respect and common courtesy. It is disgusting just how entitled people are nowadays.

Just as an example , a few years back during the short moose season I found a group camped out on the side of the road on my land. I chatted them up , hey boys hows she going so far ? any signs? etc etc . I then said just so you know you are set up on private property right now. I immediately got a " oh ya ? well f*%k them " . I then pointed out I was the land owner and had no problem with them being there as long as they left no garbage behind. I was as polite as is possible.
They left as much garbage as they possibly could behind. It actually took me hours to clean up the day after the season ended.
The height of ignorance and after you allowed then to stay on your property!

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Some one mentioned CO’s well we don’t have enough and their stretched pretty thin. Haven’t even seen one in past few yrs. But one person I know has. In the past three yrs he’s been caught hunting too close to houses, target practicing in his backyard with neighbors less then 100 yds away and hunting on Sunday ( not a legal Sunday) two warnings. The third he was given a choice pay X and loose his rifle and hunting privileges for a couple of yrs or pay a bigger fine ( not a lot either ) and keep his rifle and hunting privileges. Like WTF should be banned from hunting. Maybe cause there’s too many deer up his way, just outside Truro.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Agree 100%! Sounds like a bunch of Aholes with lots of beer muscles!
If more people were charged for littering and property damage maybe it wouldn't happen as much.
The moose hunt is a thing all by itself. As much as many say one thing the draw brings out the other ugly side in many cases. "I waited years and by god I am getting me a moose". Why is it not ok for some one to cut a trail and drive over someones property during deer season but ok to do that on someones land to get a moose out? The government extending the zones to private lands left the land owners on there own to deal with it. I pitty them.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts