Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new compound crossbow and I fired it about 20 times already. It was well waxed as soon as I bought it. I noticed today while shooting it that the middle section of my string that makes contact with my bolts nock looks slightly worn already. My strings main color is green and I can see a tiny bit of green exposed through the protective black wrap right where it would contact my nock. Should I be concerned or is this normal wear?

Fang20Stats_zpsppv6xzqg.jpg

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I would change ASAP just for piece of mind.

That string is holding a hole lot of stuff and if it lets go it could turn bad real quick.

Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
226 Posts
looks like its your serving that has damage, you should have it reserved at a bow shop if you can't do it yourself,if the string is flayed then you will have to replace it ,hope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the serving... I couldn't remember the name of it. If it was severed would it not unravel? Tomorrow I am going to check the little metal clip that holds the string back for burrs. Perhaps there are some small burrs on the metal tooth from factory that are causing my serving to split. It's a new bow and like I said I only shot it maybe 20 times at most. Tomorrow I will check and see and if there are burrs I suppose I could just file them off?

·
Registered
192 Posts
looks like its your serving that has damage, you should have it reserved at a bow shop if you can't do it yourself,if the string is flayed then you will have to replace it ,hope this helps
I had this problem with a Parker crossbow I had a few years back after I sighted it in . I had a local bow shop put a new serving on the string . Problem solved

As you said a good idea to check for burrs as these crosssbows are mass produced .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wrong again.

You can move the serving with your fingers. Perfectly normal, just move it back, if the string underneath is NOT cut, there is nothing to worry about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts