Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to as if anyone uses a ladder stand and reccomend a brand or a certain stand? or if its better to get a hang on stand? gonna get one for bow hunting deer so I was hoping that people could give me some information... Thanks!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had 2 Ameristep stands this past year. They are awesome and my favorite stand to hunt out of. The only downfalls are that you cannot move them around (easily that is) during the season and like 1 of mine they can be stolen easily.

Pros for climbers are that they are easily movable and you can take them with you after the hunt is over...

If I knew I was in a place where there was no one around I'd prefer a ladder stand but thats just my two cents... Find it easier climbing the ladder stand as opposed to the climber...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I really like mine. Stable, portable enough to move when needed, cheap enough to have a couple if needed or wanted. I really like how easy they are to get into, compared to a hang-on, where you still have to pretty much climb a tree to access it.
I have had theives try to take it, and the did get parts of it, but it was out for 6 weeks of bear season, and then sat in my yard a couple of weeks, then into the deer woods, where it still is now....

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I really like ladder stands as well. Still have a couple hang ons but dont use them much anymore because I find ladder stands quicker and safer to set up . The ladder stands are a little awkward to move through brush but its not that bad. I strap the main section on a pack, the cable and lock in the pack and carry the ladder sections and brace in my hands. Set up is fairly easy - like all tree stands there's a minimum size tree and IMO the bigger tree the better - you dont get as much movement in a large tree when we have a windstorm. Mine are Rivers Edge but there are lots of reputable brands to choose from.The ones with the armrests, backpad and armrests are comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts