Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· Registered
905 Posts
That was the best, most articulate description of the ongoing gun BS in Canada that I've heard. All facts, no twisting of statistics, no emotion.
Sadly though, many people hear gun and think dangerous then think take 'em all! They either do not care to listen to facts because the truth is uncomfortable for them, or are too emotional to listen, or too stupid. I think it is a combination of the three.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
That was the best, most articulate description of the ongoing gun BS in Canada that I've heard. All facts, no twisting of statistics, no emotion.
Sadly though, many people hear gun and think dangerous then think take 'em all! They either do not care to listen to facts because the truth is uncomfortable for them, or are too emotional to listen, or too stupid. I think it is a combination of the three.
NAILED IT

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Unreal how many hgs were sold since the announcement Ontario CFO’s office can’t handle the work load, working on transfers from June currently. Way behind.

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Theyre trying hard ! The libtards want a complete freeze on transfers in CA.
I'm 5 weeks in waiting on approval for my 357 to AB. CFC in Mirimichi has approved it but now it's in the hands of AB's CFO.
Just started another one this morning...local deal this time. Hopefully the CFO here is a little bit quicker. Some reports are saying just that. Interprovincial transfers are a bit quicker than national ones. Remains to be seen.

· Registered
2,074 Posts
The RCMP tapes have been found, Lying Lucky, Blair and Trudeau seem to have egg on their face now.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
The RCMP tapes have been found, Lying Lucky, Blair and Trudeau seem to have egg on their face now.

Nope they have proven time and time again nothing can stick to them not even eggs :(

· Registered
17,701 Posts
Some BS in this line. I quote
No one who kills ever has a regulation, legal handgun.”
Tell that to most victims of domestic shootings.
The problem is in canada it has never been a requirement to report such by police
Meaning
Little to no data is available to determine the source of firearms used in crime: for example, whether a gun used in a crime was legally owned, stolen, illegally purchased or smuggled into the country. This information is not a requirement recorded by police services on a regular basis , or recorded inconsistently or, in some cases, the information is simply not available.”

One would have to be pretty niave to think No registered legally owned handguns are used in crimes as this guy said

· Registered
3,437 Posts
While I somewhat agree with you Joe... legal handguns account for very few ... and I mean very few, domestic homicides, in the country. Most domestic shootings where legal forearms are involved ... most are legally owned long guns. Most. ... not all.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
While I somewhat agree with you Joe... legal handguns account for very few ... and I mean very few, domestic homicides, in the country. Most domestic shootings where legal forearms are involved ... most are legally owned long guns. Most. ... not all.
You don't know that nor does anyone in canada that is the problem a history of piss poor reporting ( since never a requirement ) or no reporting by police of the handgun source
They say changes in the reporting last year will change that . I have not read that let but they say it is in here
What we do know is handgun crime is way up that data is there and of course handgun owners like to assume all illegal guns are being used but we don't know that and just assume
The last report in 2020
According to the report, handguns were involved in 75 per cent of violent robberies, and 60 per cent of homicides, other violations causing death and attempted murders. Handguns were also involved in 54 per cent in sexual offences and 51 per cent of firearm-specific violent offences in 2020, the report said.
Firearm-related homicides have gone up 37 per cent over the past 11 years and handguns were the most commonly used weapon in such crimes

· Registered
905 Posts
I think both of you are right. I can't imagine that absolutely ZERO legal handguns have ever been used in a crime. But as you point out, very few legal firearms used in crimes are handguns. Even suicides are usually long guns I expect though have no data to support that.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Some BS in this line. I quote
No one who kills ever has a regulation, legal handgun.”
Tell that to most victims of domestic shootings.
The problem is in canada it has never been a requirement to report such by police
Meaning
Little to no data is available to determine the source of firearms used in crime: for example, whether a gun used in a crime was legally owned, stolen, illegally purchased or smuggled into the country. This information is not a requirement recorded by police services on a regular basis , or recorded inconsistently or, in some cases, the information is simply not available.”

One would have to be pretty niave to think No registered legally owned handguns are used in crimes as this guy said
That’s crazy I’ve had cops tell me that any firearm that is seized by the police for any reason is tracked when and wherever possible to determine its point of origin and recorded. One guy was ( passed away last year ) a career Mountie and actually returned a handgun to its rightful owner. Any firearm found to have been stolen is returned to the rightful owner once it’s no longer required for evidence.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts