Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

LIBERAL BS ON GUN CONTROL

11K views 215 replies 18 participants last post by  Statik 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That was the best, most articulate description of the ongoing gun BS in Canada that I've heard. All facts, no twisting of statistics, no emotion.
Sadly though, many people hear gun and think dangerous then think take 'em all! They either do not care to listen to facts because the truth is uncomfortable for them, or are too emotional to listen, or too stupid. I think it is a combination of the three.

#6 ·
Unreal how many hgs were sold since the announcement Ontario CFO’s office can’t handle the work load, working on transfers from June currently. Way behind.

#10 ·
Theyre trying hard ! The libtards want a complete freeze on transfers in CA.
I'm 5 weeks in waiting on approval for my 357 to AB. CFC in Mirimichi has approved it but now it's in the hands of AB's CFO.
Just started another one this morning...local deal this time. Hopefully the CFO here is a little bit quicker. Some reports are saying just that. Interprovincial transfers are a bit quicker than national ones. Remains to be seen.

#11 ·
The RCMP tapes have been found, Lying Lucky, Blair and Trudeau seem to have egg on their face now.

#18 · (Edited)
While I somewhat agree with you Joe... legal handguns account for very few ... and I mean very few, domestic homicides, in the country. Most domestic shootings where legal forearms are involved ... most are legally owned long guns. Most. ... not all.
You don't know that nor does anyone in canada that is the problem a history of piss poor reporting ( since never a requirement ) or no reporting by police of the handgun source
They say changes in the reporting last year will change that . I have not read that let but they say it is in here
What we do know is handgun crime is way up that data is there and of course handgun owners like to assume all illegal guns are being used but we don't know that and just assume
The last report in 2020
According to the report, handguns were involved in 75 per cent of violent robberies, and 60 per cent of homicides, other violations causing death and attempted murders. Handguns were also involved in 54 per cent in sexual offences and 51 per cent of firearm-specific violent offences in 2020, the report said.
Firearm-related homicides have gone up 37 per cent over the past 11 years and handguns were the most commonly used weapon in such crimes

#21 ·
Joe … you don’t think the RCMP keep records of what types of guns are used in domestic shootings ??? I assure you … they do. It may not be public knowledge … but there are people out there that know that LEGAL hand guns are used in very few domestic shootings. Most … and I mean most, are ILLEGAL handguns. Now that Turd boy has put the freeze on legal handgun sales …. Homicides and criminal activity involving handguns, will significantly decline. 😂😂😂😂

#24 ·
Never said types said they don't record all the time the source of origin for the firearm and that is not my thinking that is what has come out of every study done on this which is why there is NO data base to show how many guns are used that are legally owned, stolen, black market etc etc. Just assumption by gun owners that all are illegal and they are NOT
If there is show it to me.
Three shootings here in the cbrm the past 10 days even hear about them I bet not, yes one amber alert issued. They intentionally keep it quite IMO but accept it or not gun crimes are way up in canada and handgun is becoming the gun of choice
Some guys have your heads up your asses. You think the freeze is it. That just stops the growth and tells them where most are and then they will ban them 100%
Looking at the ages of owners now in 25 years most will be gone when we pass, so there will be less to steal, less available so YES in the long term it will Have an impact how much I have no idea
NOT that this is the purpose of the freeze. Which is the start to get rid of them PERIOD in the hands of legal owners since handguns here have run their course and are NOW bad and have to go
Just like leaded gas in the past

#27 ·
I agree that gun crimes are way up … and I agree that handguns are the weapon of choice. I would venture a very “educated guess” … that over 95% of these crimes are a result of ILLEGAL handguns. I would also agree that in the not too distant future (within 10 years ??) … handguns will be banned, if Liberals are still in power. If they are not … you can guarantee the next Liberal gubment will make it happen. SKS’s and the likes, are on the chopping block and will be the next to be banned.… followed by ALL semi automatic long guns.

#28 · (Edited)
I agree that gun crimes are way up … and I agree that handguns are the weapon of choice. I would venture a very “educated guess” … that over 95% of these crimes are a result of ILLEGAL handguns. I would also agree that in the not too distant future (within 10 years ??) … handguns will be banned, if Liberals are still in power. If they are not … you can guarantee the next Liberal gubment will make it happen. SKS’s and the likes, are on the chopping block and will be the next to be banned.… followed by ALL semi automatic long guns.
It won't matter who the government is once the process is started and it is too late for handguns
What did old PP say about the OIC last week to STOP all handgun transactions
I never heard a peep on the news from him but he was going to reverse all this and save us ya sure he was
Like I say blue tie or red tie is the only difference all criminals and no friends to gun owners
Time to make the donuts :( Have a great day all

#32 ·
I read something a week or so ago that said the recording of firearms crimes by police across Canada is not standardized at all. Some, perhaps (HRM?) jurisdictions record everything and others only basics which means that effectively no one in Canada can say definitively what the accurate statistics on gun related crime actually are. Maybe for some cities, areas or provinces but not on a national level.
But in the end it doesn't matter. Trudeau knows that if people think he is thought to be tough on guns/crime it will result in more votes for him. Period. If Pierre P or anyone else argues that point it only makes them look like a ******* to everyone on the other side of the argument which only makes the Liberals look that much better. :(

#34 · (Edited)
I read something a week or so ago that said the recording of firearms crimes by police across Canada is not standardized at all. Some, perhaps (HRM?) jurisdictions record everything and others only basics which means that effectively no one in Canada can say definitively what the accurate statistics on gun related crime actually are. Maybe for some cities, areas or provinces but not on a national level.
But in the end it doesn't matter. Trudeau knows that if people think he is thought to be tough on guns/crime it will result in more votes for him. Period. If Pierre P or anyone else argues that point it only makes them look like a *** to everyone on the other side of the argument which only makes the Liberals look that much better. :(
BINGO and in the end it doesn't matter at this stage since handguns as we know them are toast and one of the reasons is because we have NO proof if legal guns are used in crimes ( some are for sure ) or what that percentage is to even fight and that was a lawyers words not mine one that works from time to time for CSSA
Break over plastic waiting :(

#37 · (Edited)
OMG my 7400 is toast NOT
yep here we go again. Just like all shotguns were banned in 2020 because of bore size. gets real stupid fast how some think and like to try to upset hunters but makes great news
Sorry editor he is coming for sks etc and doesn't care if you hunt, target shoot or pick your ass with one
Sure they are. Oh boy
The Trudeau Liberals aren’t even hiding it anymore, they are coming for hunting rifles and shotguns.

Please PM me for bets. :)

#39 ·
Yessirree....just reading since c 21...there has been 250 shootings in GTA...47 fatal...no arrests and none of those guns involved confiscated.
How can that be ?? C21 = safer Canadians!!!

GO TRUDOPE GO...GO TRUDOPE GO....IDJOT !

Reactions: Buckmark
#41 ·
Yessirree....just reading since c 21...there has been 250 shootings in GTA...47 fatal...no arrests and none of those guns involved confiscated.
How can that be ?? C21 = safer Canadians!!!

GO TRUDOPE GO...GO TRUDOPE GO....IDJOT !
Don’t you feel safer knowing they are out to protect you , me us, all Canadians
Yes go turd go - straight to Hell !

#53 ·
Nick nanos says libturds ahead of conservatives by 5 % !! Unfreakinbelieveable ! Ol trudope is the first pm since John A MacDonald to tesify/explain himself at an inquiry. Another first for our poor GD excuse of a leader !!! Never stops with that twatapotamus

#54 · (Edited)
I have said it on here 100's of times over the years. NEVER count Justin or the Liberals out
Last two elections all I heard was they were toast and NOPE
There is no slam dunk here either in three years for Pierre or the CPC. This savior PP is losing ground in his own party too far right they say and has to tone it down. Makes great news but loses votes. The days of right wing are gone in canada other than out west which means nothing in forming a government

People seem to forget you don't even need a 1/4 of a brain to cast a vote

Like they said the day he won the leadership

And with two-thirds of the Conservative caucus behind him and that massive convention victory, Pierre Poilievre will undoubtedly get something Scheer and O’Toole didn’t – two election campaigns before the party does its usual dump-the-loser-leader routine.

But his longer-term success depends on swaying the undefined, unpredictable and risk-adverse voters in Central Canada and B.C. who usually christen the election winner and do it while sticking to his controversial positions.

If those voters don’t pivot to firebrand Pierre Poilievre, well, congratulations Conservatives -- you’ve just voted yourself four more years or longer in Official Opposition.

That’s the bottom line.

#58 · (Edited)
I'm taking bets here also since I CAN USE THE MONEY but I would feel bad taking it in the end. Just too easy
Christ I would have won a small fortune just on the 7400 banned or old grandpa's semi's were all gone but NO takers would bet me but sure tried their best to say I was crazy and WRONG NOT
Lots of dreams and big wind here once again but no substance like farts
I don't have to like Justin or the liberals to know NEVER count them out and hate when they prove me RIGHT time and time again but one doesn't have to have the iq of plant life to look back at history and see his record of wins every time from huge odds against them and regardless he ius ion no worse shape now than 2 years ago when he won as far as the polls go but ya they are always wrong . Well sure have been right the last two elections
Have to stop sorry and change my thinking so everyone is happy. Here or 3D will say big mac did it again
Ok I will regroup
Sorry Pierre will save the :p:p day when they win a majority There you all feel better now

Oh god what am I thinking no wonder I forgot you guys think like you do:D:D

#65 ·
Its funny as one reads some of the posts in here you'll see some say. gun owners should be marching protesting by the numbers like those at the convoy, doing more, that they have done nothing. Then if they do and a leader shows his support in what the people are upset over well then that's not right either as the same will then say its firebrand and there cutting there own throats in being the next PM? Lot of upset people out there right now, last poll 68%. If your not upset yet about the present state of our country then wait more soaring prices, more stolen money, and more taxes are coming. It is estimated the Justins wealth has grown from ten millions dollars since elected to now 365 million on a PM's salary while millions are now at food banks, no housing or jobs etc.

#66 ·
Thunderstick i'm hoping cold and hunger will be the great motivator they've always been historically to motivate people to change the people at the top.Come this winter the lib voters are goin to get a taste of whats comin. Next Canada day i think people who are unhappy should fly the flag upside down and when those heating and fuel cost from the carbon tax kick in and it costs more than this year to stay warm and eat.Then ya might see those poles shift because nothing motivates the young and old like cold and hunger cause thats whats comin brought to you by turdo.And we get 3 unhappy years to watch what unfolds with the libs and ndp shitshow.

#68 · (Edited)
I hope you are right BUT
You think the cold and hungry have the numbers to decide an election
You think they are in central canada in numbers where votes matter. I don't since most have cheap natural gas as one example Ever see an electrical bill from Quebec and compare to ours ?? Brother lived there for years Quebec and it was like 60% less for the same usage, Might have changed but don't think so
Not to mention you can bet he will slip in some money to help in our area with heating for example and then a savior again
I am just talking out loud and may be 100% wrong since I have not looked for actual data
I agree 100% people here will suffer big time but will they care is the question for so few votes and seats

Just checked a bit of a change but still 1/2

RankProvince / TerritoryAverage electricity rate (cents per kWh)Average monthly bill (based on 1000 kWh usage)
1Québec7.3$73.00
2Manitoba9.6$96.00
3British Columbia12.4$124.00
4Ontario12.5$125.00
5New Brunswick12.7$127.00
6Newfoundland & Labrador13.8$138.00
7Yukon Territory14.5$145.00
8Nova Scotia15$150.00

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.