Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
This is one pretty interesting.....

48 year old male from Lunenburg County was suspended from hunting for 20 years for a violation under the Maintenance Enforcement Act. Individuals who have been found in default of child support payments can receive various penalties including hunting suspensions.

· Registered
319 Posts
$500 fine and a 2 year suspension for a 35 year old man shooting through someone's home? Did they forget some zero's?

Nice to see the deer jacker in Chezzetcook got some significant fines. I think you should lose your hunting and firearm privileges for life if ever convicted though, 5 years isn't long enough.

· Registered
187 Posts
Some small towns have a crime report in there local news paper. This is sort of the same thing, but have never seen this list before. Interesting to see a couple of folks charged for shooting to close to a dwelling or road. I guess other peoples safety is not any of their concern.

· Registered
977 Posts
February 5, 2015 a 49 year old male was convicted in Shelburne County for cutting timber on Crown land and illegal possession of alcohol. The individual cut and removed 2.5 cords of wood and received a $460.00 fine.

That's a reasonable price for 2.5 cords of wood while enjoying a drink or two,,,I paid $500 cut split delivered for 2 cord no alcohol hahaha....Almost seems worth the risk...lol

· Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hardwood on the stump is only worth about $25-$30 a cord. Most of the value of firewood is in the sweat. It's the cutting the tree down, moving it to roadside, blocking it up, splitting it up, loading it on a truck, trucking it miles to your home, then unloading it that costs the other $220/cord. I'm not saying the fine was reasonable, because I'd like to see all the fines be higher....way higher!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.