Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my understanding people need to be vaccinated to go shoot at ranges now. I’m looking to find somewhere in NS I can go shoot long range without taking an experimental injection. 500 yards would be ok for now. Would be ideal if I could stretch it out to 1000 yards later on. I know Bull Meadows is 800 but I’m probably not allowed there.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
Won't be too many places, if ANY you'll be allowed to attend when it comes to sport shooting, without your Vax.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Pull up google earth and start looking for areas that have very few houses and powerlines/clearings/old gravel pits and go "coyote hunting". It's what most long range guys do this time of year.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Pull up google earth and start looking for areas that have very few houses and powerlines/clearings/old gravel pits and go "coyote hunting". It's what most long range guys do this time of year.
Or get friendly with a farmer that owns a big field.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Churchy ! I realize that this thread is a couple of months old, but....Bull Meadow Rifle Range is run by Nova Scotia Rifle Association ( I'm a member and the booking manager). This facility is one of the nicest civilian rifle ranges across Canada. It has a 800 meter ( hopefully a 900 meter ) rifle range, a 100 meter range, along with a 50 meter handgun/rifle range, plus a shotgun station with multiple clay throwers. The NSRA has different disciplines of shooting including, service rifle, small bore, handgun, target rifle/F-Class, hunting rifle, etc.For beginners/ newcomers, there is always members willing to help out or answer questions. You should check out their website...just google Nova Scotia Rifle Association. Hope this helps, BJ.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
BJ...does Bob Sirtonski still have ties with the NSRA ? He was the HG sector chair when I was with them when they first opened. I used to shoot with Andy Webber back in the day..Clary Keiser was our main RO back then too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Kevin ! Unfortunately, Bob passed away years ago.Great guy.There is actually a plaque mounted beside the handgun range at Bull Meadow. I used to shoot Service Rifle ( sniper rifle & ar 15 ) with Andy when we shot down in Bedford. Andy now owns Tangent Theta scopes ( google those babies!!!). I just got back into shooting competitively 2 years ago, but Webber had already "retired" from shooting along with Wendy Reid...a real shame, as both are world class shooters. Andy is actually in the DCRA hall of fame.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Beaverbank 270 does bull meadows require people using the range to show proof of vaccine? Churchy is look to go where vax pass is not required.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
All clubs require proof of double Vax before you can shoot there. Members and or guests.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
Sorry to hear that about Bob. Helluva guy !! He supplied our wedding with all the condiments !

OH YEAHHHH...add a few extra zeros to the bottom line for Theta scooes.. lol
Andy's company Armament Technology has some wicked shooting rifles..different platforms and world class optics. I still have one of his shooting jackets.. Hard to believe I used to be that size and wear that mofo lmao...I still have mine..passing it down to my grandson.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Kev! Wedding condiments from McDonalds. ....cool! TheTangent Theta / Armament Technology facility is located in Bayers Lake Park....Andy gave me the " tour" through the place about two years ago....pretty high tech! Speaking of Armament Technology rifles, I remember Andy getting Sam to build a few of these that went to different law enforcement agencies throughout Canada and U.S. Apparently, I was Armament's first customer back in 1989 when he founded the company....I guess I bought a bipod adapter. ..lol.Brings back good memories shooting with those guys! I could tell a couple stories!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi BJ, I know this is an old post but found this site today after I sent an email to your clubs general inquiry email (great timing). I am new to the sport, have my PAL, Hunters Safety, and have obtained a rifle that I want to use to get into long range target shooting. I understand that your club suggests that a prospective member should attend two sessions and work forward from there. Where I am completely new to this I want to make sure that I follow appropriate protocol in moving forward with hopefully becoming a member. If there are any tips you can suggest, I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey EastCoastFives ! If your considering joining the NSRA , then yes, it's probably a good idea to check it out before spending the money on a membership. I would suggest looking on the NSRA website, and determine which discipline (s) of shooting interests you. Also , on the website you should find an event calender. ...it will have the dates for practices and matches. Whatever type of shooting ( handgun, small bore, target, service rifle, etc.) that interests you, show up on one of the practice dates. In the meantime if you want, you and I can coordinate a date and time, and where I am the Booking Manager and Range Operations Manager, I can give you a tour of the facility. ...an 800 meter rifle range, 50 meter rifle/ handgun range, 100 meter rifle/handgun range, and a shotgun clay/skeet station. If interested, you can reach me at (902-830-8656)...leave a message if I can't answer. Hope to hear from you, BJ.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts