Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I'm interested in finding a Mossberg 395KB 12-gauge, or similar Mossberg shotgun. Doesn't have to be pristine, but I'm not interested in anything that has been dragged through Hell and back.

Thanks, Shawn

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Attachments

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
None of my business but have you ever owned or shot one of these. The old mossy 500 pump was 10 times the gun in a 12ga. The 410 mossy would cycle ok with the bolt action the 12ga not so well in the mossy manufacture the marlins and stevens were OK in 12ga with the marlins being the top . I had all three makes in 12ga including a 10ga super goose in marlin. Different animals in different manufacturers like comparing bolt action rifles and how they function not the same just because the actions are
Slow on the second etc shot, especially compared to a pump. DON'T lose the magazine; they can be hard to impossible to find.
There was a ton of them when I hunted the beach in dominion as a kid since they were called a poor man's duck gun used by us poor kids that could not afford a nice wingmaster or new 1100 mag :( I also may be wrong but off the top of my head I think the 195's were 2 3/4 only and the 395's were 2 3/4 and 3"
Cheers

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Hey Shawn keep eye in Gun post they show up quite often , have one of those in .410 work very well and reliable as well very accurate , Had one in 16 gauge as slug gun was quite accurate as well with slugs and bird shot . Used a bolt action many yrs ago waterfowling and took quite few birds with one . Still have it today , Sorry not willing to part with it Steven Savage 58 . You either like a bolt action shotgun or you hate them .

·
Administrator
10,989 Posts
I had one of those in a 410..had it for years. sold it to a buddy of mine 15 + yrs ago...still got it..still loves it !!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
None of my business but have you ever owned or shot one of these. The old mossy 500 pump was 10 times the gun in a 12ga. The 410 mossy would cycle ok with the bolt action the 12ga not so well in the mossy manufacture the marlins and stevens were OK in 12ga with the marlins being the top . I had all three makes in 12ga including a 10ga super goose in marlin. Different animals in different manufacturers like comparing bolt action rifles and how they function not the same just because the actions are
Slow on the second etc shot, especially compared to a pump. DON'T lose the magazine; they can be hard to impossible to find.
There was a ton of them when I hunted the beach in dominion as a kid since they were called a poor man's duck gun used by us poor kids that could not afford a nice wingmaster or new 1100 mag :( I also may be wrong but off the top of my head I think the 195's were 2 3/4 only and the 395's were 2 3/4 and 3"
Cheers

I've owned a 20-guage Mossberg bolt action for over 20 years. It was my dad's before me. Yes, I know all about them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey All:

Please. Don't send me your opinion of the shotgun I'm looking for. I am 58 and been hunting all my life. I know what I want. Any leads are appreciated. - Shawn

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
I had one of those in a 410..had it for years. sold it to a buddy of mine 15 + yrs ago...still got it..still loves it !!
Cause th
I've owned a 20-guage Mossberg bolt action for over 20 years. It was my dad's before me. Yes, I know all about them.
Glad you do Cool only trying to help since most do not any more. Not like one sees them being used any more in any great numbers. Agree that one is way over priced. They sold new at woolco and kmart for 79 bucks so there was a ton of them at one time here but not so much today. That was 1970 since I bought one there and remember
If 58 you would remember them on the shelves for that I would say by the dozens
All the best with your search
Kevin has one also but over 300 and a real nice marlin but 700

1 - 10 of 10 Posts