Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I know this is a long shot because no one wants to say where they hunt. Maybe someone will help me out, if not I totally understand.

I didnt get out hunting last year and this year, I've been travelling to Pictou (from Cole Harbour) so my wife can help her brother with his business every weekend. I can use a bow or riflie, licensed for both. I really don't want to tell the wife sorry not this weekend, i'm going hunting when my brother in law can really use the help.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
628 Posts
I dont hunt there, but i spend my summers there every year.....and every time i go i see at least 10-15 deer.......if you know where Pictou Lodge Resort is,i suggest finding a place around there.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Im from Pictou and Id advise ya not to hunt near the lodge. Its all private property or to close to houses or roads to be legal at all. Make your way out River John ways and ya may have better luck..

·
Registered
628 Posts
Im from Pictou and Id advise ya not to hunt near the lodge. Its all private property or to close to houses or roads to be legal at all. Make your way out River John ways and ya may have better luck..
Is it really all private property?....i never knew that. But i do see lots of deer around there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually contacted the lodge to see who owned the land so I could ask permissing to hunt it. With a bow it's got lots of room to be legal. The GM was happy that I asked and let me know that they owned the land and they don't allow hunting. Thanks for the tip mack11

·
Registered
628 Posts
interesting....but if you find a place like off the main road around there i think that you would be good, wouldnt you?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i am in pictou county and mt.thom is excellent for deer i hunt private land and usually if you bow hunt landowners dont mind u hunting just be sure to ask.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
it would definitely be a great place but a lot of the land is privately owned and there is a pile of no hunting/trespassing signs posted all over the place. If ya find a spot tho and someone lets ya hunt there your more then likely gettin a nice deer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a large tract of crown land approx 25 mins south of Westville.... lots of sign but nothing was moving..... I didnt hear any shots all day either so I wasnt the only one not seeing anything. saw lots of other hunters around driving the roads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.