Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried a lot of different case lubes (Lee, Redding, Lanolin/Alcohol, etc.), and I've finally settled for the Hornady One Shot (spray).

Does anyone know of a store that may have some within 50 km of Halifax?

I wanted to order some online last night, but the shipping is as much as the lube...

Thanks!

Steve
Brown Liquid Cosmetics Bottle Drink

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Not within 50 km but I believe I saw it at Canadian tire in NewGlasgow.

Reactions: ScopeMaster

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
CT stopped selling it here and only amazon will even ship and like you say 12 bucks a can added on BUT it is only money IMO if one wants this
Cheers

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Hey Joe!

I saw it on Amazon, but I was hoping to get the 10 oz. can.

Oh well, I'll 'bite the bullet' (see the applicable to this group AND cool origin here: Bite the bullet - Wikipedia) :p

Steve
I hear you. Unfortunately right now we don't have a lot of choices with many items and yes it kills me to pay for some when I know I am getting burned but not like huge dollars here and if you like it time to bite. :) I have a friend like you who loves it. I have never seen a 10 there but have seen a 14 but out of stock :)
Take care

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're absolutely right.

Funny thing, and it may only be me, but is reloading less popular than it used to be??? You'd think that the opposite would be happening...

I hear you. Unfortunately right now we don't have a lot of choices with many items and yes it kills me to pay for some when I know I am getting burned but not like huge dollars here and if you like it time to bite. :) I have a friend like you who loves it.
Take care

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
You're absolutely right.

Funny thing, and it may only be me, but is reloading less popular than it used to be??? You'd think that the opposite would be happening...
I can only comment in my little part of the world in the cape and will get flamed as usual with those saying no way but that is fine. Reloading is not cheap to do any more especially when you have to pay to ship everything in here
Compared to what I remember even 20 years ago YES in my neck of the woods big time it is down in rifle
Handgun guys maybe reloading like crazy I have no idea on that group any more nor do I have a clue what it is like on the mainland
Shotgun reloading is almost non existent here now as an example especially in steel and hunting loads
When I downsized and sold off a ton of rifle bullets in various calipers they all went out west and some to ontario and quickly seemed to be a very high demand out there . None sold here other than a few boxes I think to nomad
Take care

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
The setup cost to reload is huge (press, dies, powder, tips, primers, etc)
Then finding the components is difficult and costly as supplies are limited to say the least
Then find the time to properly work a load
Its a huge commitment away from family

If i hadn't been setup 20years ago i dont know that id make the same commitment today. Ive taken the time to get others reloading and they stopped after a year due to family time issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a new reloader compared to you guys (I only started 4-5 years ago) but, by using a small press and concentrating on only a few calibers (223, 308, 9mm and 12ga), I can deal with the cost (so far).

To be totally honest, I started to reload for precision vs. saving money. And as for saving money, I know that I'll never recoup the cost of my investment, but I'm sure that reloading allows me to shoot more often than if I'd buy factory match ammo ($$$...).

Always great to chat with you guys!

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I'm a new reloader compared to you guys (I only started 4-5 years ago) but, by using a small press and concentrating on only a few calibers (223, 308, 9mm and 12ga), I can deal with the cost (so far).

To be totally honest, I started to reload for precision vs. saving money. And as for saving money, I know that I'll never recoup the cost of my investment, but I'm sure that reloading allows me to shoot more often than if I'd buy factory match ammo ($$$...).

Always great to chat with you guys!
I did not have good luck with that product. Stopped buying it. Bought some RCBS lube, it was like night and day the difference.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
The lanolin mix has been working well for me.

·
Administrator
10,216 Posts
I use both the home made lanolin / alcohol mix as well as Imperial sizing wax. ( little dab 'l do ya)

·
GREYBEARD
2,930 Posts
I use RCBS mostly, but just bought some Hornady Unique Case lube from Higginson's to try out.
I never got into reloading to save money, and I am sure glad that I am well stocked on components, because everything has gotten really expensive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts