Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

Looking for Hornady Case Lube (local)

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  320 
#1 ·
I've tried a lot of different case lubes (Lee, Redding, Lanolin/Alcohol, etc.), and I've finally settled for the Hornady One Shot (spray).

Does anyone know of a store that may have some within 50 km of Halifax?

I wanted to order some online last night, but the shipping is as much as the lube...

Thanks!

Steve
Brown Liquid Cosmetics Bottle Drink

See less See more
#9 ·
The setup cost to reload is huge (press, dies, powder, tips, primers, etc)
Then finding the components is difficult and costly as supplies are limited to say the least
Then find the time to properly work a load
Its a huge commitment away from family

If i hadn't been setup 20years ago i dont know that id make the same commitment today. Ive taken the time to get others reloading and they stopped after a year due to family time issues.

#10 ·
I'm a new reloader compared to you guys (I only started 4-5 years ago) but, by using a small press and concentrating on only a few calibers (223, 308, 9mm and 12ga), I can deal with the cost (so far).

To be totally honest, I started to reload for precision vs. saving money. And as for saving money, I know that I'll never recoup the cost of my investment, but I'm sure that reloading allows me to shoot more often than if I'd buy factory match ammo ($$$...).

Always great to chat with you guys!

#16 ·
I use RCBS mostly, but just bought some Hornady Unique Case lube from Higginson's to try out.
I never got into reloading to save money, and I am sure glad that I am well stocked on components, because everything has gotten really expensive.

#17 ·
I've tried a lot of different case lubes (Lee, Redding, Lanolin/Alcohol, etc.), and I've finally settled for the Hornady One Shot (spray).

I wanted to order some online last night, but the shipping is as much as the lube...

Thanks!

Steve View attachment 96683

Thanks!

Steve View attachment 96683
Nordic Marksman in Truro has what you are looking for and more. Check them out at nordicmarksman.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.