Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

Looking for recommendations for over/under 12 GA shotgun for skeet shooting; that won't break the bank...

Have seen several Yildiz models an Stoeger models. Asking for info on recommendations or advice.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
If your looking for a gun to shoot skeet which generally has a higher volume of shooting . I would recommend saving up to purchase a higher quality gun such as a browning , beretta . most of the entry level guns are not going to stand up to the volume of shells that skeet shooting involves . my advise buy the best you can afford even if it means saving for a bit to buy a higher quality gun.

·
Registered
402 Posts
This sounds like good advice. If you decide to stay in a lower price point my suggestion is pick up a few and see how they feel. I went with a Franchi Instinct, it was lighter, smoother, and all around nicer than the ones you mentioned. The others felt clunky after I had the nicer ones in my hands. There is one for sale locally on gunpost for $1,500.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I just went through the search for an o/u for a new bunny gun. I wanted 28ga so i was somewhat limited in choice but found what i was looking for.
If youve got cash in hand ready to go buy a used "B" gun, Browning, baretta, benelli. They are out there but they tend to hold value.
Stoeger is now owned by benelli but they just dont feel right for me. If you search youll find horror stories about the early models.
Cz has a decent name now made by Huglu.
Stevens 555 is another choice but from what reviews ive read, swings like a 2x4 and is barrel heavy.

Every gun has a good and bad side, up to you to decide if its right for you and within your budget.
I joined "shotgun world" forum as they tend to be frank and super honest about shotguns. Based in the US but just about every shotgun made has been bought, shot, reviewed by normal folks in real world situation. The knowledge base of 1.2 million shooters awaits you

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
Rembolt knows his stuff !!
I bought a nice 20 ga Yildiz O/U for my daughter 8 yrs ago. Just doing some informal sporting clays..100 rds a month, I had to make and replace broken firing pins twice in 2 yrs !! Traded it on my new Browning CXS in 20 ga.

Check out the gun dealer's website...he has some quality used S/G's there now.
Real nice one here
Citori CSX...12 ga

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Still beautiful and well worth 2300 :)
I agree .should have no problem getting $2300 out it if has 28" barrels . 26" barrels will make it a harder sell but still worth the asking price .

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
im goin to Ross place thursday for my christmas gifts
You are a lucky Dude :)
Yep a lefty that shoots all right hand guns cannot shoot left hand ones or levers I cannot do on the left side so no big loss there :p
Took like 50,000 rounds and four years it seemed to get scores back when I switched went from a 23/24 average to a 4 /8 LOL for weeks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts