Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
Timothy..FYI..
don't know if you'd be interested in a used Beretta Skeet gun....12 ga with 3 sets of Briley tubes...20 ga, 28 ga, and 410.
I've known this gentleman personally for 9 yrs or so, he's been a trap and skeet shooter all his life.
I bought a couple reloaders from him and 150 lbs of shot a few yrs back. He's gettin up in yrs and is not quite as active as he once was. Both him and his brother.
His equipment was always well cared for. He's down sizing a lot in recent yrs. There's a few members on here, including me, that have enjoyed his presence greatly on the skeet / trap fields as well as the sporting clay courses. He has it listed on Gun Post for 2500 OBO It may be worth looking into if you're entertaining shooting more than 1 discipline on the fields. If I wasn't already committed to another purchase, I would likely be all over this one !!

It's listed on GP.....((( firearms...shotguns....nova scotia...it's on the first page )))

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
Nope..I bought that, his 12 and his 410 a few yrs back. I had that 28 ga itch then, but I got my new Browning CXS in 20 ga ..soooo away went the reloader and MOST of the 28 ga itch ...most of it.. ;) ;) ..some nerve endings just won't quit...lol

Tim...thought you had one being put in the mail a couple weeks ago ?? I see your ad bumped up on cgn again...was thinkin..wtf??

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought a 20 gauge Stevens 555 O/U with the alloy receiver back in the fall of 2018. I think Cabellas was the only place handling this model at that time but Bass Pro had one very similar with a blued receiver. They are a really nice light gun which is why I bought one. The fit and finish on mine are great. Not a Browning or Beretta but also a hell of a lot less expensive. I've put a couple boxes of shells (only) through mine without any issue. I don't know if they would stand up to thousands of rounds but it might be worth checking the reviews online.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Save up go big buy a firearm that will last you a lifetime and then some,even if you shoot skeet regularly for the next 50 years!
Choices are simple Purdey or Holland & Holland

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
Haven't noticed it here yet, but I do remember them goin 7 days a week here last Dec !

21 - 37 of 37 Posts