Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a little over 2 weeks since she had 5 pups, all are doing well and gaining weight as they should. Theyve gone from about 1/2 lb to 3lbs plus each.This is her first litter and she is doing an amazing job of looking after them.
I have been told we're keeping one female, her name is Nori. One is going to nsuplander as he needs a great hound, her name is Penny. The 3 boys dont have official names, although my wife has named them (cowboy, monster, and Anjou (and you))
She is keeping a log for each pup that has daily pics snd weekly weigh in results. This log will go with the pup to its new home along with the vet report card. I haven't posted a for sale yet as word of mouth has all but Anjou going to new homes November 21st.
All pups will have a firm grasp of basic bunny chasing after completing "Bunny School"
Bunny 101 understanding scent

Ive got a bag of bunny feet ill tease them with to get them following scent.

Bunny 201
Introduction of fresh bunny tracking, ill drag a fresh bunny around the yard and get them to follow the trail.

Bunny 301
Live bunny in an enclosed area so they can scent and track. One on one as well as group chases

Graduation to open field running once they get to new homes

Top pic is day 1, bottom pic today.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Comfort Companion dog
Vertebrate Dog Dog breed Mammal Fawn

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weekly update
All are growing like bad weeds in a fertilized garden
The last pup has been spoken for
They all have names although some are temporary, Nori is staying here, Penny goes to Aylesford, Monster goes to Shearwater, Cowboy goes to Coldbrook area, Anjou goes to Pictou area.
All pups are starting to get the brown coming into their coats and their "freckles" . their looks will be changing fast over the next few weeks just to confuse me even more.

Pups have started the transition to solid food, who knew they actually made a "puppy" canned food? Or that my crazy wife would pay $36 for 12 cans :0)
With the transition they have become super duper puppy poopers, cleaning the whelping box 4 times every day, thank God it has a tiled floor.

Some of the pups have discovered they can bark and growl, it makes for an interesting play time after eating. All in all they are pups and doing what they do best, eat, sleep, play.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where has the time gone ? Seems like it was a week ago the pups arrived but its been 5 weeks. They are growing and as the wife says "machines"..eating, sleeping, pooping machines!
They are at the stage where is funny to watch them try running, more of a fancy, high stepping prance.
They have been introduced to a rabbits foot and will try to escape from the others with it. It is a prized chew toy.
They have progressed to canned puppy food, 2 cans a day plus, and now we are doing the transfer to dry kibble. Maggie is not letting them suckle and growls when they try.
Tomorrow is another big day for them, im taking them outside for the first time, should be good for a laugh if i have time to relax with all 5 out at once.
Vet is scheduled for nov12th and hopefully all goes well there. I dont foresee an issue as everyone is gaining weight and playful.
Brown Dog Dog breed Carnivore Comfort

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have that same pattern on my truck but under it says, bunny busters.
If they dont have the dame dreams i do they soon will. Bunny 201 will be starting 16nov, bunny 301 is being held 21nov
Graduation and rehoming the following day.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well today was moving out day for the pups. 3 went today as planned and one backed out for family reasons.
The pups that went to new homes are settling in well. The pups here have moved to the front room where the action is. Well kinda its where the tv is lol

Back to looking for a home for a male pup from strong hunting lines.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Snout

1 - 18 of 18 Posts