Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
461 - 480 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Lots of criminals in Canada now … because a ton of people are doing face to face deals and not going through that Liberal BS to get transfer numbers. Total crock of shit. My son brought up a good point yesterday …. If he bought a gun from a friend, and didn’t go through the process … he could just say he is “borrowing” it. As far as I know … there is no law stating that one person with a valid PAL can’t borrow a rifle from another person that has a valid PAL.
Well it seems it is coved under the act. Learned something new today I never knew when they got back to me

Authorization to lend

A person may lend a firearm only if

• (a) the person
    • (i) has reasonable grounds to believe that the borrower holds a licence authorizing the borrower to possess that kind of firearm, and
    • (ii) in the case of a prohibited firearm or a restricted firearm, lends the registration certificate for it to the borrower
  • (b) the borrower uses the firearm under the direct and immediate supervision of the person in the same manner in which the person may lawfully use it.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
damn … I’m even a criminal with that. I have loaned firearms to people (with a PAL) to go on bunny hunts and I was no where near this individual. How ridiculous is that. I’ll be telling them, the next time I lend a firearm … if anyone asks … it’s his.

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
Ha ha ha ( less daftiness on this beautiful morning ) GREAT day for a shoot in Yarmouth !!

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
damn … I’m even a criminal with that. I have loaned firearms to people (with a PAL) to go on bunny hunts and I was no where near this individual. How ridiculous is that. I’ll be telling them, the next time I lend a firearm … if anyone asks … it’s his.
Well it is sure a new one on me. Have never loaned or borrowed a firearm but have sure given many as gifts
Bottom line if they want you it seems they will have something written somewhere IMO to get you
It is sucks big time

Thinking about this again I did let a ton of guys try many of my guns at the club so lent them. Then again once again I was in eye sight so never broke no laws by fluke:p:p

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
re lending a non-restricted firearm - whats posted above is only a piece of whats in the Firearms Act.
Its spelled out pretty good for various situations;
  • minors permit for those 12 to 17 yrs old
  • 18 and over with a PAL
  • non-residents with or without PAL

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
re lending a non-restricted firearm - whats posted above is only a piece of whats in the Firearms Act.
Its spelled out pretty good for various situations;
  • minors permit for those 12 to 17 yrs old
  • 18 and over with a PAL
  • non-residents with or without PAL
Well that is what the rcmp sent me just a copy and paste for me . Where is it spelled out differently since the act trumps everything I know including any course information and they are the dudes that enforce the act
Cheers
Just to add none of this was my question which was is a transfer number now required to lend but they never answered that

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
d
Joe why did you cut off this pic I saw it on Facebook and you were in it too!!!
You know 3D after this morning I am not in the pic but you are right I am just a big pussy like Justin no wonder they take my guns

Up at my normal 5.00. Pee and poop the dogs and feed them, grab a shower and try to stay quiet to let the mrs sleep in until 7.00 or so. Do a load of wash and hang it out
At 7.00 start breakfast sausage and eggs and english muffins
Boss gets up and I feed her and start doing the dishes and I say can I have your plate I want to finish these before we go for coffee and ask how was your breakfast and she says well the sausage were not crispy ENOUGH the eggs were TOO runny and the toasted english muffin was COLD
Sweet jesus I seen red and said to my self not worth it and said sorry finished the dishes and moved on

If that was where I grew up the old man did nothing in the house would get up fart and scratch is balls and sit at the table bellowing for his breakfast as poor mom waited on him and and foot
Seems now I am just like mom which I guess is not a bad thing since she is a saint
Have a great day guys going to be warm finally they say
Joe

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
YOU ??? A SAINT ??? ha ha ha ha ha .. hollee hannah....I fekkin spit my coffee out on that one Joe ..still..lmao

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I have been noticing that a lot of guns for sale on Gunpost are wanting face to face deals only. I wonder why that is ???? :unsure:
Been saying that even prior to the latest gun legislation. Since the Canada Post changes more an more have been posting such. If I am correct the lastest changes are not passed, not yet law, so I would imagine its old fashion selling selling face to face.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
As of May 18th … people wanting to sell firearms must get a transfer number. It is now law. My point, that a lot of these new sales (private) are face to face. Face to face tells me that these guns are not getting a transfer number. It’s a “show me your PAL and give me your money, and it’s out the door with your firearm”, kinda thing.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
As of May 18th … people wanting to sell firearms must get a transfer number. It is now law. My point, that a lot of these new sales (private) are face to face. Face to face tells me that these guns are not getting a transfer number. It’s a “show me your PAL and give me your money, and it’s out the door with your firearm”, kinda thing.
Is it law, I have heard it still has to go through parliament, or are the liberals now making laws without debate?

461 - 480 of 518 Posts