Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
481 - 500 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Huge difference nothing happens to Justin when he gets caught wait sorry no he gets more votes and re elected
With the shape of the country I don't think many care anymore. One would be surprised how many are driving around with vehicles not plated, no inspection since covid. People don't have time for the foolishness. Look at the airport circus Justin caused. Many believe Justin screwed the country so bad they are doing what they want to do, and doing it now, explains the people building, buying when costs are through the roof.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
Key word in your comment, Joe ... is "caught". Just don't get caught. I gaurantee, face to face, private sales of long guns are happening and no one blinks an eye. They are still shipping them through Canada Post without transfer numbers. It's happening. We know that it is the illegal. How many people still drink and drive?? How many people speed?? How many people drive cars that are not registered or inspected?? It happens every day. Unfortunately if you get caught, you will have to face the music.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Key word in your comment, Joe ... is "caught". Just don't get caught. I gaurantee, face to face, private sales of long guns are happening and no one blinks an eye. They are still shipping them through Canada Post without transfer numbers. It's happening. We know that it is the illegal. How many people still drink and drive?? How many people speed?? How many people drive cars that are not registered or inspected?? It happens every day. Unfortunately if you get caught, you will have to face the music.
A friend of mine came by this am, he said his buddy bought a shot gun at CT. The next day he got a government e-mail to register it? Any else here of that?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
With the shape of the country I don't think many care anymore. One would be surprised how many are driving around with vehicles not plated, no inspection since covid. People don't have time for the foolishness. Look at the airport circus Justin caused. Many believe Justin screwed the country so bad they are doing what they want to do, and doing it now, explains the people building, buying when costs are through the roof.
Got a Individual in my neck of the woods , actually on my street , One plate for two trucks and a car , he's a so called " Mechanic " so we know how inspection is done on these 3 P.OS. , Police know all about it but yet he continues to drive switching plates , towing a un-licened RV that got no trailer brakes working on it , This guy brags about it , but yet nothing ever done , The Useless police here won't just wait for him to drive and catch him . He's like clock work for lunch or supper .

Sad part is if he ran into someone or someone walking or worse a kid , he would run and hide the vehickle and drive something else he got down on his garage lot.

Right there tells you the kind of individuals are hiding in the weeds under the radar , but yet feds go after us gun owners , but yet Provincial counter parts will say laws are in place to stop and deter those types from driving the way they do but no one enforces it . Like come on if going enforce the gun laws , enforce all laws properly , not half arsed !

oh that's right they don't have enough resources to do so

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
d

You know 3D after this morning I am not in the pic but you are right I am just a big pussy like Justin no wonder they take my guns

Up at my normal 5.00. Pee and poop the dogs and feed them, grab a shower and try to stay quiet to let the mrs sleep in until 7.00 or so. Do a load of wash and hang it out
At 7.00 start breakfast sausage and eggs and english muffins
Boss gets up and I feed her and start doing the dishes and I say can I have your plate I want to finish these before we go for coffee and ask how was your breakfast and she says well the sausage were not crispy ENOUGH the eggs were TOO runny and the toasted english muffin was COLD
Sweet jesus I seen red and said to my self not worth it and said sorry finished the dishes and moved on

If that was where I grew up the old man did nothing in the house would get up fart and scratch is balls and sit at the table bellowing for his breakfast as poor mom waited on him and and foot
Seems now I am just like mom which I guess is not a bad thing since she is a saint
Have a great day guys going to be warm finally they say
Joe
So were you wearing a dress and apron while doing the housework!!!???!! FFS not sure if I even know how to use a washing machine!!!
Guess I’m old fashion because I don’t do those things, unless my wife is away or sick, but then it’s usually take out! But I clean the snow and mow the lawn.
My wife is a saint but that doesn’t mean she shouldn’t have to cook or clean.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
So were you wearing a dress and apron while doing the housework!!!???!! FFS not sure if I even know how to use a washing machine!!!
Guess I’m old fashion because I don’t do those things, unless my wife is away or sick, but then it’s usually take out! But I clean the snow and mow the lawn.
My wife is a saint but that doesn’t mean she shouldn’t have to cook or clean.
It is called welcome to 2022 and most guys I know do the same today since we are home retired as they think doing nothing and the ladies still go out to work every day
I have no issues with it other than this time of year I am already buried beyond with the flowers. The non appreciative comments are normal with my girls :( and better for me to say nothing than to fight
PS it is not your wife's job to cook and clean for YOU It is not 1960
Take care

Released: 2020-02-19
When it comes to sharing household chores, women still do the majority of the laundry (61%) and meal preparation (56%), but men are also increasingly pulling their weight around the home.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Well , gotta chime in here ,
Lets see , my wife refuses anyone to touch her washing machine even if it means me trying not to leave damp muddy hunting/ fishing clothes in a second hamper that's there just for that , vaccume cleaner , would not matter she just take it soon as I finished and re-do it again , not that It's not done right , It's her OCD telling her to do it again. Yes I make the bed in mornings , but my wife in the morning is full steam ahead b4 work , Laundry washed and put out on the line , vaccume , putting clothes away , I'll do the dishes . As for cooking once a week Sunday I cook for the family , thru the week stove hardly gets turned on with now a empty nest .

Her outlook is simple I've got enough to do outside/ inside with maintenance wise , snow , lawn , repairs , upgrades , keeping the cottage operational and it's road way clear , cutting firewood and so on , but yet she will get on a roof and put up trusses , sheath it and help shingle it and put up siding and yes even haul / pick apples in the fall .

Household things inside has always been her thing and DON'T get in the way of it either , she don't give a flying fek if it's 2052 Her view is simple every woman and man need life skills , but it's still awomans role to look after the house IHOP, she taught both our daughters same and said straight out cut the crap of looking for a man to look after you B.S and expect him to wait hand and foot around the house inside and out . Their job is equally as tough keeping the place looking good outside as it is ours inside .

My wife , even her two sisters were raised the same and all say same thing , no time or use for a man that is useless or whipped , one is just as bad as the other in their books .

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
I do my own laundry. Usually on Sundays when it's cheaper electricity. Doesn't take much to throw my dinner plate in the dishwasher. My wife still runs her 3 businesses and most generally gone throughout the week, so I'm responsible for my own cooking. Fortunately ... we have a cleaning lady that comes every week, so it lightens the house work (vacuuming, dusting, floors, etc). I also look after all the outside chores. She has never mowed a lawn in her life... and I'm ok with that. I know men that have no idea what a stove or a washing machine is. My father was one of them. Truth be told ... most women doesn't want their men doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. It screws up their system ... and I'm ok with that too. I do a lot of "inside stuff" to make life easier for my wife when she gets home from a hectic day at work.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've always helped with the house work and looking after the kids and done almost 100% of any outside work and home improvement type stuff (I worked in construction for my father when I was young so it only makes sense I think). My first wife never mowed the lawn which didn't bother me one bit.
My current wife (and last one I'll ever have I hope) is perfectly capable of looking after everything on her own and would happily mow the lawn if I didn't but I actually enjoy doing it so always get there first. I can and do cook, though my wife is the meal planner and frankly a better cook so I help and do as I'm told for most meals. :)
We share doing the laundry. Being retired I couldn't see setting there on my butt watching her go up and down stairs with load after load.
She keeps track of all the finances. We were both accountants so, Yes, I could do it but she is really, really good at it and motivated to track literally every cent so I'm thrilled for her to do it.
We make a good team and share the workload pretty evenly.

Here's a funny about gender rolls for you. When my brother was born my father stayed home for a few days looking after me and my sister. I was almost 6 at the time. Dad made mashed potatoes for lunch one day which caused me great concern. First, Mom NEVER fed us mashed potatoes for lunch. Second, I wasn't sure he knew what he was doing since I had never seen him cook anything!!!! I can honestly still remember asking him if he knew how to cook! After all, who the hell serves mashed potatoes for lunch???

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
It is called welcome to 2022 and most guys I know do the same today since we are home retired as they think doing nothing and the ladies still go out to work every day
I have no issues with it other than this time of year I am already buried beyond with the flowers. The non appreciative comments are normal with my girls :( and better for me to say nothing than to fight
PS it is not your wife's job to cook and clean for YOU It is not 1960
Take care

Released: 2020-02-19
When it comes to sharing household chores, women still do the majority of the laundry (61%) and meal preparation (56%), but men are also increasingly pulling their weight around the home.
Bad enough you clean and cook but if I was to cook a meal and someone complained I’d take the food from them and tell them get your FKEN food!
Yes it’s 2022 but what difference does that make??? Cooking and housework is woman’s work Plain and simple. My wife does it and doesn’t complain as she agrees with me. Same as I don’t ask her to mow or shovel snow even tho she is more then willing to. We both do the garden work which she probably enjoys more then I do.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
I've always helped with the house work and looking after the kids and done almost 100% of any outside work and home improvement type stuff (I worked in construction for my father when I was young so it only makes sense I think). My first wife never mowed the lawn which didn't bother me one bit.
My current wife (and last one I'll ever have I hope) is perfectly capable of looking after everything on her own and would happily mow the lawn if I didn't but I actually enjoy doing it so always get there first. I can and do cook, though my wife is the meal planner and frankly a better cook so I help and do as I'm told for most meals. :)
We share doing the laundry. Being retired I couldn't see setting there on my butt watching her go up and down stairs with load after load.
She keeps track of all the finances. We were both accountants so, Yes, I could do it but she is really, really good at it and motivated to track literally every cent so I'm thrilled for her to do it.

Here's a funny about gender rolls for you. When my brother was born my father stayed home for a few days looking after me and my sister. I was almost 6 at the time. Dad made mashed potatoes for lunch one day which caused me great concern. First, Mom NEVER fed us mashed potatoes for lunch. Second, I wasn't sure he knew what he was doing since I had never seen him cook anything!!!! I can honestly still remember asking him if he knew how to cook! After all, who the hell serves mashed potatoes for lunch???
You were doing great until you said - and do as I’m told. My wife does not tell me what to do and I don’t tell her what to do. Sometimes we ask the other if they could do X,Y or Z and I/her usually do so to help out.

Reactions: Tyson10gauge

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Now about the registry. Called twice today to start a transfer. Both times I got- we are sorry but cannot take your call at this time please try again later.
Posted guns on GP last night sold 2 today and had about 30 emails/ texts/ calls. The same ones posted here for about a week with zero inquiries

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Now about the registry. Called twice today to start a transfer. Both times I got- we are sorry but cannot take your call at this time please try again later.
Posted guns on GP last night sold 2 today and had about 30 emails/ texts/ calls. The same ones posted here for about a week with zero inquiries
You must be doing something wrong as some say its easy:)

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
You must be doing something wrong as some say its easy:)
You would think they would hire more staff. Handgun sales are crazy and now you gotta call to sell long guns. What a disaster. Cabellas in Dartmouth won’t budge on hg prices, said any that don’t sell soon will be sent out west to cabellas out there. Can’t keep them in stock in Ontario or out west.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
They have nothing in place for this B.S registry to get transfer #s and so on, Feds launched this and had NO idea how to actually carry it out , now Millions will get spent once again to get it operational , right now its workers thrown to the wolves and going by seat of their pants trying work out all the bugs , snags and so on . Plus this is just another way to try make legal gun owners just throw in the towel and say here take my guns I give up . Did my PAL renewal back in April 3 , still no word if processed or what , They took the payment on my Credit card end of April but cannot find out if its sent out or just sitting on someone desk under another pike of political B.S

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Bad enough you clean and cook but if I was to cook a meal and someone complained I’d take the food from them and tell them get your FKEN food!
Yes it’s 2022 but what difference does that make??? Cooking and housework is woman’s work Plain and simple. My wife does it and doesn’t complain as she agrees with me. Same as I don’t ask her to mow or shovel snow even tho she is more then willing to. We both do the garden work which she probably enjoys more then I do.
Correct me if I am wrong here 3D but one of the boys here said you have been married a few times. It was in the 60's but not today

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
They have nothing in place for this B.S registry to get transfer #s and so on, Feds launched this and had NO idea how to actually carry it out , now Millions will get spent once again to get it operational , right now its workers thrown to the wolves and going by seat of their pants trying work out all the bugs , snags and so on . Plus this is just another way to try make legal gun owners just throw in the towel and say here take my guns I give up . Did my PAL renewal back in April 3 , still no word if processed or what , They took the payment on my Credit card end of April but cannot find out if its sent out or just sitting on someone desk under another pike of political B.S
Did you do it online?? Mine took 10 days from start to at my door
Cheers

·
Registered
16,694 Posts

Here's a funny about gender rolls for you.
When my brother was born my father stayed home for a few days looking after me and my sister. I was almost 6 at the time. Dad made mashed potatoes for lunch one day which caused me great concern. First, Mom NEVER fed us mashed potatoes for lunch. Second, I wasn't sure he knew what he was doing since I had never seen him cook anything!!!! I can honestly still remember asking him if he knew how to cook! After all, who the hell serves mashed potatoes for lunch???
Same here my friend and team is the key word

481 - 500 of 518 Posts