521 - 540 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
17,049 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
I could see if they wanted the make, model and serial number of the firearm that is being "transfered", but they don't. Are they just checking to make sure guns are being sold to law abiding gun owners with PAL's ???? Is this Trudeaus way of tackling illegal gun sales ??? Regardless .... I probably won't go through the process anymore .... especially face to face deals. Total waste of time. It proves absolutely nothing. Now if CP reqires a "transfer number" to ship it ... that might be a different story. As of now ... it's gonna be business as usual.

·
Registered
590 Posts
... but what is the point of this "transfer number" ?????
I suspect it will simply tell the police who bought and/or sold guns recently. Combine that info with the information on who has a RPAL (and probably info from the old long gun registry) and who currently has a restricted or prohibited weapon and they have the start of a new gun registry. Rudimentary to say the least but after a little while they will still have way more information than the police would have had a couple months ago. Also, they can see whose PAL/RPAL is being used to amass a stockpile of guns if they so choose.

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
I could see if they wanted the make, model and serial number of the firearm that is being "transfered", but they don't. Are they just checking to make sure guns are being sold to law abiding gun owners with PAL's ???? Is this Trudeaus way of tackling illegal gun sales ??? Regardless .... I probably won't go through the process anymore .... especially face to face deals. Total waste of time. It proves absolutely nothing. Now if CP reqires a "transfer number" to ship it ... that might be a different story. As of now ... it's gonna be business as usual.
Should that be a shock for anyone here but I would not be telling the world in a post shake that head and see if the brain left will spark to stop you making such comments on a public forum
You are a just a criminal but we all know that

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 ·
Yes … I’m a criminal. Who knows what I’ll be shipping through CP ??? Even if they determine it is a firearm … there is no transfer number required by them. Do you think they will contact the RCMP to see if there was a transfer number acquired ???? I would be willing to bet that most guns being sold on GP, are not getting transfer numbers. They are all criminals. We have criminals running the country, but you still worship the ground they walk on.

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Yes … I’m a criminal. Who knows what I’ll be shipping through CP ??? Even if they determine it is a firearm … there is no transfer number required by them. Do you think they will contact the RCMP to see if there was a transfer number acquired ???? I would be willing to bet that most guns being sold on GP, are not getting transfer numbers. They are all criminals. We have criminals running the country, but you still worship the ground they walk on.
Yep gun post is a real high end place to base your decisions on OMG. Talk about hanging with the crows
They have in the past handed some packages over to RCMP if it is a firearm and was not shipped properly and then the rcmp will sure check
Once again once law it makes no difference who put it into place break it and yes if caught you will be treated by a judge as a criminal. It is really pretty simple and don't think for one minute they will not be nailing some to the cross for not following the new requirements

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
What is wrong with “Gunpost” ??? I have bought and sold a lot of guns through that site. I am guessing the guns handed over to the RCMP by CP was very special circumstances. One of the requirements to ship firearms is, they must have a trigger lock on them. I have never shipped, or received a gun through CP that had a trigger lock on it. Never !! Back in March … I had a gun flagged by CP, because I didn’t include the “proof of age” signature on my label. More criminal activity by me. Didn’t have a trigger lock or the proof of age signature. I’m surprised it wasn’t handed over to the RCMP, and they didn’t show up at my door. I’m pretty sure a trigger lock is way more important than checking to see if a valid PAL is still “valid”.

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
What is wrong with “Gunpost” ??? I have bought and sold a lot of guns through that site. I am guessing the guns handed over to the RCMP by CP was very special circumstances. One of the requirements to ship firearms is, they must have a trigger lock on them. I have never shipped, or received a gun through CP that had a trigger lock on it. Never !! Back in March … I had a gun flagged by CP, because I didn’t include the “proof of age” signature on my label. More criminal activity by me. Didn’t have a trigger lock or the proof of age signature. I’m surprised it wasn’t handed over to the RCMP, and they didn’t show up at my door. I’m pretty sure a trigger lock is way more important than checking to see if a valid PAL is still “valid”.
Not a thing fill your boots:rolleyes: Known as the kijiji of gun selling and buying enough said

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
.... and what is wrong with Kijiji ???? I have had great luck buying and selling from both. They are both a platform for buying and selling. Any market place has it's good and bad points. What is a good place to sell guns online ???? ...... and please don't say Nutz. Al lot of people on that site are just that.

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
.... and what is wrong with Kijiji ???? I have had great luck buying and selling from both. They are both a platform for buying and selling. Any market place has it's good and bad points. What is a good place to sell guns online ???? ...... and please don't say Nutz. Al lot of people on that site are just that.
OMG what is wrong with KIJIJI you have to be joking .Sorry you cannot handle being on nutz but yes it is one of the best places to exchange firearms and the safest I may add and the closest to gun broker where I also did a bit before all the restrictions now
I buy and sell a ton of stuff on line and no place is as bad as kijiji for dealing with idiots and cheapo's. Maybe over 3000 transactions in buying and selling on e-bay, and almost 200 on nutz spoiled me god knows

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
OMG that cannot be:p and what did I say about the one I did painless and you don't even have a working brain:D
Like we said once the handgun purchase craze was over it would be no big issue
Hg craze isn’t over yet!!!

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
OMG what is wrong with KIJIJI you have to be joking .Sorry you cannot handle being on nutz but yes it is one of the best places to exchange firearms and the safest I may add and the closest to gun broker where I also did a bit before all the restrictions now
I buy and sell a ton of stuff on line and no place is as bad as kijiji for dealing with idiots and cheapo's. Maybe over 3000 transactions in buying and selling on e-bay, and almost 200 on nutz spoiled me god knows
NUTZ is just as bad as the others now. Full of scammers and low ballers. Sold more on GP recently

Reactions: Tyson10gauge

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
NUTZ is just as bad as the others now. Full of scammers and low ballers. Sold more on GP recently
Not even remotely close 3D. Biggest difference is I get to talk to members some for years before I buy or sell them something so KNOW they are real and not scammers
How many did you sell on Nutz ???

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
What a great system. Filed my RPALrenewal in late May on line. Finally got it in the mail Friday, so almost two months. Last time it was two days. No email from CFO requesting proof of club membership this time.
Did a transfer three weeks ago but still no confirmation email. Can’t do restricted on line you have to call 1-800#. Called to check the status, was told it would probably be two months!!!
Use to take 2-3 days. CPC agent said over 100,000 hg transfers received in three weeks and they won’t hire extra help!! Great system, fortunately as long as you start a transfer prior to the bill being passed it can’t be stopped.

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
What a great system. Filed my RPALrenewal in late May on line. Finally got it in the mail Friday, so almost two months. Last time it was two days. No email from CFO requesting proof of club membership this time.
Did a transfer three weeks ago but still no confirmation email. Can’t do restricted on line you have to call 1-800#. Called to check the status, was told it would probably be two months!!!
Use to take 2-3 days. CPC agent said over 100,000 hg transfers received in three weeks and they won’t hire extra help!! Great system, fortunately as long as you start a transfer prior to the bill being passed it can’t be stopped.
You must be crazy if you think they are going to make it quick and easy for the last handgun transfers
Cheers

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
You must be crazy if you think they are going to make it quick and easy for the last handgun transfers
Cheers
Why would they complicate it won’t do them any good. Like I said if you initiate a transfer before the proposed bill becomes law the transfer has to be oked and completed.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
I sent my renewal in march, finally got it Friday. Good thing i had an extra 6 months grace due to covid slow down
No worries if you do it on line and save the confirmation email. They could take two yrs and your old card although expired would still be good. You did your part so your protected.

521 - 540 of 546 Posts