Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
541 - 546 of 546 Posts

·
Administrator
10,997 Posts
Thought I saw somewhere just the opposite ?? The companies would have to have extra staff back again just to do the refunds and the defunct transactions for those still waiting and in limbo.

·
So much anger towards everything... :-(
1,577 Posts
Thanks to this thread I checked my firearms card and it was due for renewal in a few months so decided to do it early.

I sent it in on 23-June and they sent it out to me on 20-July.

That seems ok - so maybe they are working through the backlog and the delays shouldn't happen as much anymore...?

Anyway, thought I would give a recent update.

Rob

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Thanks to this thread I checked my firearms card and it was due for renewal in a few months so decided to do it early.

I sent it in on 23-June and they sent it out to me on 20-July.

That seems ok - so maybe they are working through the backlog and the delays shouldn't happen as much anymore...?

Anyway, thought I would give a recent update.

Rob
Renewals used to take a week. Right now Provincial CFO’s are handling an overload of restricted transfers so depending on the province wait times will vary. Recently sold a hg and was told not to expect a confirmation email for at least two months. Before the announcement by the liberals it was two- three days.

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Renewals used to take a week. Right now Provincial CFO’s are handling an overload of restricted transfers so depending on the province wait times will vary. Recently sold a hg and was told not to expect a confirmation email for at least two months. Before the announcement by the liberals it was two- three days.
Have no fear it will return to normal after all transfers stop this fall when the freeze becomes law

541 - 546 of 546 Posts