Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Been told this. Unless you paid cash

The stores had to keep sales records for 7 years or so anyway, so unless you’re paying cash, there’s a record somewhere that you bought a gun.
Looks like they just extended the amount of time to 20 they have to keep a record.
Don't really care what you were told, I am telling you my experience, I have bought guns from stores without them writing down my PAL info. Their only sales records would be x gun was sold to a valid PAL holder on x date.

cheers,

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
Don't really care what you were told, I am telling you my experience, I have bought guns from stores without them writing down my PAL info. Their only sales records would be x gun was sold to a valid PAL holder on x date.

cheers,
Only one of the biggest gun dealers in canada guess they don't know. Just because you bought guns at one time from somewhere that didnot follow the requirements doesn't mean squat. Like I said most NEVER stopped
Cheers

Not to mention as an original canadian beaver you have special rules:p:p

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
I sent my renewal in over a month ago and im still waiting to get it back. Good thing they have a 6 month grace period due to the back log
New for sure online renewals only a month they say

New firearms licences
Our processing site is currently operating at a reduced capacity, which has resulted in a four-month delay in the processing of new applications for a firearms licence.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
How can you hate him any worse than you have for the last number of years :)
It would be impossible to hate a human being more than I hate the turd. If he drops dead before me, I'll celebrate that day every year til I drop dead myself.

·
Registered
452 Posts

cheers,
Typically, any business is required to keep ALL accounting related records for 7 years, no matter what business they are in. In the case of most larger stores/companies, they will have some kind of computer system (ERP usually) that ties inventory records of items sold through to sales dollars. If someone paid by credit card, they would then be able to tie sales of anything from wood screws to guns to a credit card number and from there to an individual. Wouldn't really need PAL information to tie a credit card sale to an individual. A cash sale would be far more difficult to maybe impossible.

Of course, those records would not be easy for the police to comb through to tie a gun sale to someone. Not impossible though because all they would need to start their hunt would be a hint or suspicion of where you might have bought a gun.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nothing new guys. was outlined as part of bill c-71 in 2018 and we knew it was coming before 2018 that was the time to jump up and down prior to approval of the bill not now
It is not the old gun registry back. just another section of c-71 coming in to play
Cheers

• Bill C-71 makes it a crime to buy, sell or give away any gun without a special authorization and reference number from the RCMP Registrar of Firearms for each potential or actual transaction.
  • This will now apply to transfers of so-called “Non-restricted” rifles and shotguns. It already applies to transfers of “Restricted” firearms.
  • If a parent with PAL gives a shotgun or rifle to a spouse, friend or adult child with a PAL without special permission from the RCMP, the giver and receiver are guilty of a crime under Bill C-71.
  • Canadian PAL holders buy and sell (or give and receive) an estimated 3,000 new and used guns each day. Almost all of them are “Non-restricted.” Since each transfer involves two people, roughly 6,000 PAL holders will be directly affected by Bill C-71 every day, seven days a week.
How will they know who has what and sells to who unless you report yourself

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I have bought a couple of guns from a fairly reputable business. He checked to make sure my PAL was valid. I paid cash. Don’t know if that mattered, but nothing was recorded because nothing needed to be recorded since the long gun registry stopped. His words … not mine. … I’m not saying if this was right or wrong … but according to him … as long as you had a valid PAL … that’s all that was required.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
LOL . Man you guys are either real new to this game or you know the rest. Yes no one knows who has been buying guns. Computers are amazing tools
I just laugh at the neighbor face to face comment buckmark made thin king that is a safe place to do business. Guess who will F'k you first if there is trouble with a gun you sold down the road family and those that you know. That has been proven time and time again

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
I have bought a couple of guns from a fairly reputable business. He checked to make sure my PAL was valid. I paid cash. Don’t know if that mattered, but nothing was recorded because nothing needed to be recorded since the long gun registry stopped. His words … not mine. … I’m not saying if this was right or wrong … but according to him … as long as you had a valid PAL … that’s all that was required.
Like I was told unless paid by cash some don't record that sale

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
Me thinks you dudes best read this HOW did remington know david's it was 40 years ago and mine was after the closure of the long gun registry but I got the same notice
That would be impossible for me since NO ONE kept records any more you guys think
Like I said computers are scary tools and none of us know what guns are still linked to us in various data bases so is it worth losing your pal and be fined for a simple transfer number NOT in my mind

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I think you are grasping at straws Joe. There are probably tons of Records out there that have guns attached to your name. Since the registry was abolished it was 100% legal to sell firearms by just looking to see if they had a valid PAL. I'm sure there is a record somewhere of a 30-30 Marlin I bought from Canadian Tire in 1984. Who knows where that is now ?? Bottom line ... if people want to sell or buy guns face to face ... I guarantee they won't go through that Liberal Bullshit. Who's going to know ??? One thing is for certain .... if you purchase a gun after May 18th that has gone through the system, you must go through the system if you choose to sell it. Welcome to the gun registry that's a turd promised not to bring back.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
I think you are grasping at straws Joe. There are probably tons of Records out there that have guns attached to your name. Since the registry was abolished it was 100% legal to sell firearms by just looking to see if they had a valid PAL. I'm sure there is a record somewhere of a 30-30 Marlin I bought from Canadian Tire in 1984. Who knows where that is now ?? Bottom line ... if people want to sell or buy guns face to face ... I guarantee they won't go through that Liberal Bullshit. Who's going to know ??? One thing is for certain .... if you purchase a gun after May 18th that has gone through the system, you must go through the system if you choose to sell it. Welcome to the gun registry that's a turd promised not to bring back.
You do as you like and think as you like but is it Not me grasping. Us legal gun owners will follow the laws and if a transfer is required we will get one
And we wonder why people have ZERO support today for gun owners who think they are above the law

Oh yes there will be tons for me considering I sold over 230 since march of 2005 after my cancer DX didnot want to leave the mrs such as mess not so much for you .:p:p want to know the joke I know where every one went also that was attached to a pal or rpal as long as my old black hard covered book is here. Old gun collectors do that stuff so never buy from me :p:p
take care I have baskets to plant

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
This non liberal supporter has never kept records of anyone that has ever bought guns from me. As long as they had a valid pal, they were good. If I have to ship a firearm, I will most certainly go through the proper channels. If my buddy down the street is buying one from me, Trudeau can kiss my ass.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
Guy's you want to be careful what you say on here and other sites, I'll give you an example. I was voicing my concerns over restricted firearms and the DNR ranges about not being allowed to use your restricted firearms, some of you might remember, we take a government course, we them apply for a government license, to purchase, own and transport to the range. My complaint was why we couldn't use a government range to go with our government training. you go and buy a car. take a drivers test, you can drive on government highways so why is this so different, 2 hours later when I checked to book a range in Georgefield in bold black letters NO-RESTRICTED FIREARMS ALLOWED, So someone on the other side was watching and either had the power or knew who the power to be was because it didn't take long to have that put on their site, now all sites are the same. their excuse is that they are not set up for restricted, like a 22 handgun is much more powerful that a 300 magnum.
Why they have been all monitored by rcmp etc etc for years
I follow the law regardless if I agree or like it always have and always will so can say what ever but others here for sure
Cheers

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Joe ... you have never exceeded the speed limit while driving or never had a few more Pops than you should have and then jumped in your car and drove??? Selling a gun to a neighbour or giving one to a family member, there was virtually zero chance of any repercussions. A big fat ZERO !!!

61 - 80 of 164 Posts