Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
81 - 100 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I'm not one bit concerned. If I'm selling a gun to a neighbor down the street or giving a gun to my son ... Trudeau can still kiss my ass
I am with you on that. Someone wants to buy a rifle from me and they produce a PAL that the government has approved its business as usual. Not one person should should comply. Next it will be ammo, reloading supplies etc.

·
Registered
452 Posts
How will they know who has what and sells to who unless you report yourself
I'd be worried that the buyer would tell someone about the new gun he just bought. Then its not just you and him that know any more.
This non liberal supporter has never kept records of anyone that has ever bought guns from me. As long as they had a valid pal, they were good. If I have to ship a firearm, I will most certainly go through the proper channels. If my buddy down the street is buying one from me, Trudeau can kiss my ass.
As Joe said, do as you please. But, a person would be risking a hell of a lot if they don't follow the letter of the law. I don't like it one damm bit either, but, as legal, responsible gun owners and users I think we should set good examples. Even when the laws are bullshit.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
I'd be worried that the buyer would tell someone about the new gun he just bought. Then its not just you and him that know any more.

As Joe said, do as you please. But, a person would be risking a hell of a lot if they don't follow the letter of the law. I don't like it one damm bit either, but, as legal, responsible gun owners and users I think we should set good examples. Even when the laws are bullshit.
Well said.
It's official once posted in the gazette
Yes sir no transfer number is seen as selling to someone with no valid licence per those that know
Forget losing just your pal won't need it in prison since it is seen as a criminal offense yep keep selling to your pals and friends dudes under the radar
Take care
Enforcement of the amendments is provided for under Criminal Code and the Firearms Act. For licence verification, the Criminal Code (section 99) provides that it is an offence for a business or individual to transfer a firearm to someone knowing the person does not have a valid licence. The penalty is a maximum of 10 years of imprisonment.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Im still left wondering if the form is/was correct for a transfer
If you read it it wants the owners info, before it is paid for it is owned by the seller and i would hazzard a guess until the transfer is approved ownership remains with the seller.
Further down the form it wants verifier info including number. Who is a verifier? Can anyone be? Is there a fee associated with getting it verified?
Im hoping its just a wrong form number

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well said.
It's official once posted in the gazette
Yes sir no transfer number is seen as selling to someone with no valid licence per those that know
Forget losing just your pal won't need it in prison since it is seen as a criminal offense yep keep selling to your pals and friends dudes under the radar
Take care
Enforcement of the amendments is provided for under Criminal Code and the Firearms Act. For licence verification, the Criminal Code (section 99) provides that it is an offence for a business or individual to transfer a firearm to someone knowing the person does not have a valid licence. The penalty is a maximum of 10 years of imprisonment.

Speaking of enforcement....... What the hell ia up with the three that gave ammunition to Wortman, whom they knew damm effing well did not have the legal right to possess it, not getting jail time???? He killed 22 people and a few animals and they get off with a tisk tisk and a slap on the wrist???
And the gov't is coming up with more rules? Maybe they should just enforce the ones they have already!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Been told this. Unless you paid cash

The stores had to keep sales records for 7 years or so anyway, so unless you’re paying cash, there’s a record somewhere that you bought a gun.
Looks like they just extended the amount of time to 20 they have to keep a record.
Stores didn't have to keep records but many did for their own ass covering. I bought two guns this week from a store in NS and they recorded nothing. Clerk looked at my PAL said yup sure looks like you and sold me the two guns. No records taken. The only way anyone could connect me to the sale would be a court order to get the financial record from my debit card and even then the transaction just says I bought guns,not what they were. Reciept just says "firearms" and the price. He wasn't happy about all the additional work he was going to have to do for sales next week.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
you guys need to chill. Like I said … If I’m selling to my neighbour down the street … or handing a gun down to my son .. the Turd can kiss my ass. If I’m selling to someone I don’t know … I will go through the proper channels. Anyone that thinks this is wrong is a Trudeau ass kisser. Plain and simple.

·
Administrator
10,845 Posts
I won a new one 2 weeks ago and my PAL was glanced at...that was it.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
you guys need to chill. Like I said … If I’m selling to my neighbour down the street … or handing a gun down to my son .. the Turd can kiss my ass. If I’m selling to someone I don’t know … I will go through the proper channels. Anyone that thinks this is wrong is a Trudeau ass kisser. Plain and simple.
Has nothing to do with chilling it is about getting on board with the program

Owning a pal or a firearm in canada is NOT a right it is a privilege just like a drivers licence and both require laws to be followed to keep it
Not just the laws you like to follow
Big talks about WTF is now going to happen and gun shows and one may have to select a gun this week and get it later after the transfer number is approved
Also huge warning for sellers there not to play with this since they expect ghost buyers to be there trying to buy firearms out side the new laws which would not be a shock
Cheers

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
Stores didn't have to keep records but many did for their own ass covering. I bought two guns this week from a store in NS and they recorded nothing. Clerk looked at my PAL said yup sure looks like you and sold me the two guns. No records taken. The only way anyone could connect me to the sale would be a court order to get the financial record from my debit card and even then the transaction just says I bought guns,not what they were. Reciept just says "firearms" and the price. He wasn't happy about all the additional work he was going to have to do for sales next week.
If there is any way it is too much and too high a risk

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
If there is any way it is too much of a risk to take regardless what we think the odds are

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Joe … I will be getting on board with the program.…BUT … like I said … I WILL NOT go through the BS if I am giving a gun to my son. For guns that I acquire after May 18th … of course, I will have to follow the Turds new law, even if I give a gun to my son or sell one to a neighbour down the street.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Yep tough talk here
Until someone is charged and lose their pal
No pal no hunting or shooting remember that and for what a transfer number my god
Not tough talk, has anyone that bought a firearm with a PAL been a problem. What stats are out there to reflect this?Getting to old to care honestly. Last twenty years us gun owners have lived in fear. Actually I thing we are seeing crazy spending during these crazy times because many have gave up caring. Who knows how much longer we have to enjoy what we got. I will cut all mine up with a chop saw than give arse wipe info.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I just bought a 45cal muzzie , i was over a week deciding if really needed/wanted it. The big stumbling point for me was the $100 shipping!
I figured it was never going to be cheaper, the first one id seen. It will hit the post office later today
He didnt even ask if i had a pal

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I just bought a 45cal muzzie , i was over a week deciding if really needed/wanted it. The big stumbling point for me was the $100 shipping!
I figured it was never going to be cheaper, the first one id seen. It will hit the post office later today
He didnt even ask if i had a pal
They still have all firearms at CT on sale including muzzle loaders.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
Not tough talk, has anyone that bought a firearm with a PAL been a problem. What stats are out there to reflect this?Getting to old to care honestly. Last twenty years us gun owners have lived in fear. Actually I thing we are seeing crazy spending during these crazy times because many have gave up caring. Who knows how much longer we have to enjoy what we got. I will cut all mine up with a chop saw than give arse wipe info.
No stats since this new phase has not started yet
We can be as old or a tried as we like. They will charge you just the same if caught and you of all people I cannot see not hunting or using your guns
Cheers
Have to run bought another greenhouse which I have to finish tearing down :(

81 - 100 of 164 Posts