Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
I just bought a 45cal muzzie , i was over a week deciding if really needed/wanted it. The big stumbling point for me was the $100 shipping!
I figured it was never going to be cheaper, the first one id seen. It will hit the post office later today
He didnt even ask if i had a pal
And that is why they are doing what they are now

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
And that is why they are doing what they are now
No, they are doing it as part of their civilian disarmament agenda. They have been slowly chipping away for decades.They got derailed by Harper for 11 yrs but they are back at it full bore now.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
No stats since this new phase has not started yet
We can be as old or a tried as we like. They will charge you just the same if caught and you of all people I cannot see not hunting or using your guns
Cheers
Have to run bought another greenhouse which I have to finish tearing down :(
I mean there is no evidence that anyone with a PAL is buying or selling committing a crimes, after all the very same government has approved both the seller and buyers PAL. So now they don't trust a PAL holder?

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
No, they are doing it as part of their civilian disarmament agenda. They have been slowly chipping away for decades.They got derailed by Harper for 11 yrs but they are back at it full bore now.
LOL ya harper sure did us good NOT. With 82% of canadians agreeing with the ban as one example it doesn't matter what government is in power
The canadian voters are making the decisions not any party and gun owners with the exception of rural areas are seen as cavemen and firearms are no longer required in private hands. That is where we are in 2022
The current costs to participate in hunting and the shooting sports will take more out of the game than any government ever did
Cheers

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
LOL ya harper sure did us good NOT. With 82% of canadians agreeing with the ban as one example it doesn't matter what government is in power
The canadian voters are making the decisions not any party and gun owners with the exception of rural areas are seen as cavemen and firearms are no longer required in private hands. That is where we are in 2022
The current costs to participate in hunting and the shooting sports will take more out of the game than any government ever did
Cheers
I used to think costs would take more out of the game but now I am not sure anymore it seems people today want to spend like no tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
I used to think costs would take more out of the game but now I am not sure anymore it seems people today want to spend like no tomorrow.
But eventually tomorrow will come and then they are screwed. People on fixed incomes or low paying jobs are trying to keep a car on the road ,stay warm and eat not buy guns any more or extras
When people making 40 bucks an hour living in the cape are scrapping by that says it all for me
Wife picked up three rib steaks today for me to BBQ for supper 66 bucks. I said f'k it I am worth it $115 bucks for 1/2 a tank of gas today since it was 2.00 a L
When will it stop
Cheers

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
I just got an e mail from a business out west showing me a copy of the letter from the rcmp saying it's only a business that must keep the record of the sale ,,and must keep it for 20 years from May 18 2022.
So my understanding it doesn't concern private sales, I didn't think it would, it would only be a honor system that way, no one in their right mine would go along with that,
??Where did anything say individuals have to keep sales records
Did you read bill c-71??. it is all there what is required of individuals and business. I posted it twice prior

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
I read that on here that if you sold a firearm to a neighbour you had to call the cfo and give them the information on the firearm as well as your information and the buyers, maybe I read it wrong.
Not sure where. Business yes have to keep records not individuals we have to call to get an approved transfer number and not to the cfo but the call center . That it the only real change for individuals since we always had to give the buyers info in the past to verify their pal
Cheers

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
There was also a csaa e-mail
Important Update

We have all seen a lot of different information about changes to the protocol for selling non-restricted firearms after May 18th.

CSAAA met with members of Public Safety and the Canadian Firearms Program members this morning to get clarification on the notice stating that Bill C71 will come into force next week (May 18th).

During a meeting on April 24th, CSAAA was informed that our industry members would receive plenty of notice to prepare for these changes...

It has been confirmed by Public Safety and the CFP that Bill C71 will in fact come into effect in one week, on Wednesday, May 18th of 2022 at midnight.

As of midnight on May 18th, businesses and individuals wishing to transfer/sell a non-restricted firearm will be required to obtain a “reference number” through the Business (or individual) Web Services.

The buyer will not be responsible for obtaining this reference number.

The call center will be available from 9am-5pm nationally as an alternative to the web services.

This reference number should be automatically generated if nothing is flagged through the buyer/transferee’s firearm license number.

The seller and buyer/transferee must remain consistent with each reference number. An additional reference number must be obtained if a buyer/transferee wishes to purchase a firearm from a different seller.

Reference numbers will be valid for a total of 90 days, unless revoked during that time period. The buyer will be notified and asked to contact their CFO if their reference number has been revoked.

Businesses will not be required to enter any firearm specific information when transferring a non-restricted firearm.

This reference number is required for firearms only, and will not be required for ammunition purchases.

CSAAA requested that a tutorial on this new system be made available for our industry members. We should expect to see this tutorial available as of Monday, May 16th. We will notify our members as soon as this tutorial is available.

We have made it clear to CFP and Public Safety that this system will not work for gun shows and trade shows. CSAAA suggested an “on demand” call center for such events. No such services are available at this time, but we will be following up on this.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
Seems Ed I am not the only one that remembers harper for what he really was and that he lied to us
Not my words but two nutz members

A fantasy that relies on the impossibility of the Liberals never winning another election.

The cpc had the chance to abolish the firearms act and chose to take ownership of it, preserve and protect it.
This^^^
When Harper had the chance to put it back to pre c-68, like he promised to do, he failed. What says the next Conservative govt will deal us any better.
They won't
It's a sad state we are in.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
Kind of funny how some look at it differently
Talked to one of the main shop owners I deal with in canada and he says
If they get that direct access as planned to get transfer numbers themselves no big deal. He keeps records now for 7 years so what now he keeps them for 20.
Talking to his customers he thinks it will increase his business with way more guns being placed on consignment and more used guns being traded in vs being sold by owners since they won't get involved in the transfer stuff
Also thinks it will just about put an end to the gun flippers if there is a max per year on can sell without being a business
Also says someday yes they will know exactly what many have since all new owners after may 18th will be recorded and the list will grow and grow as us old farts die off
Time will tell I guess and me I could not careless this is no big deal these changes my concerns right now are handguns since no one knows what is coming there and that is real scary some of what is being said

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Kind of funny how some look at it differently
Talked to one of the main shop owners I deal with in canada and he says
If they get that direct access as planned to get transfer numbers themselves no big deal. He keeps records now for 7 years so what now he keeps them for 20.
Talking to his customers he thinks it will increase his business with way more guns being placed on consignment and more used guns being traded in vs being sold by owners since they won't get involved in the transfer stuff
Also thinks it will just about put an end to the gun flippers if there is a max per year on can sell without being a business
Also says someday yes they will know exactly what many have since all new owners after may 18th will be recorded and the list will grow and grow as us old farts die off
Time will tell I guess and me I could not careless this is no big deal these changes my concerns right now are handguns since no one knows what is coming there and that is real scary some of what is being said
I can't follow your buddies logic. If he believes people will be putting more guns on consignment, and an the end is put to gun flippers how does he believe people will then be then buying from his shop?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Question. If I look at the firearms I bought over the years (not bought from a shop), not in my name and I were to sell them to someone after the 18th to some one with a PAL, how could they be traced back to me? Many firearms were not registered during the previous gun registry, many have changed hands many times. I really don't know how someone could be charged if there is no trail.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Joe … according to your post about the CSAAA … it references a web form to fill out, and the transfer number would be generated almost automatically. Where would I find this form ?? If it will be as easy as this … no big deal.… but I have a feeling it won’t be as easy as this. All of this extra work and money involved, just to verify a legal PAL holder is actually legally allowed to possess a firearm. The amount of legal PAL holders not allowed to possess a firearm is EXTREMELY low. This whole thing is about a registry. Nothing more … nothing less.

101 - 120 of 164 Posts