Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i go buy ill try here

Im just getting setup for reloading shotgun and am looking to get a few different bushings, Kevin has suggested 20 thru 30 would be sufficient for reloAding 28ga.
If you have duplicates let me know
Thanks

· Registered
17,697 Posts
Before i go buy ill try here

Im just getting setup for reloading shotgun and am looking to get a few different bushings, Kevin has suggested 20 thru 30 would be sufficient for reloAding 28ga.
If you have duplicates let me know
Thanks
I think old kevin maybe still a bit dazed from xmas 30 in 28ga ? not something I have ever needed:p but possible I guess
Don't waste your money buying a range IMHO unless you plan on reloading more gauges . I have them all and most have never been in a machine so just a waste of money and yes single stage like yours and progressive drops different
Pick the power you will be using and the receipe you are going to use and go to the chart and match it and get a busing before and after what they recommend as a starting point
I am thinking off the top of my head 18, 19 were my go to bushings with unique and universal but have to check and used 13, 14 and maybe 17 for other powders
Pretty sure the single stage machine new comes with a 14,16 and 21 but again have to check
Also check the drop with a scale since bushings don't always drop like they are outlined on the chart

yep correct on the bushings on a new machine but I am losing my memory someone here thinks YA OK

INCLUDES:

• 3/4 oz. Charge Bar
  • Bushings #14, #16 and #21

· Registered
17,697 Posts
The only one i got was #18
To start ill be using 800x, then possibly lil gun, unless i find another "better" powder.
well then look it all up on the chart to see what you need once you pick a receipe for a AA hull ,AA wad win 209 primer and that powder and make sure it is the old style not the HS hull you are looking upt

800x IMO also is the worst for consistent drops and I would never use it again in a 28ga so use up what you have and stop there IMHO

· Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was given 800x and lil gun so i could get started as i couldn't find other 28ga powders. Ill be scaling both powder and shot until i get that much under control then ill add shot, then powder. I figure 2 boxes of trial and error before i get a good understanding and feel for the machine.
Its a very lightly used machine that im hoping has been set up already

· Registered
17,697 Posts
I was given 800x and lil gun so i could get started as i couldn't find other 28ga powders. Ill be scaling both powder and shot until i get that much under control then ill add shot, then powder. I figure 2 boxes of trial and error before i get a good understanding and feel for the machine.
Its a very lightly used machine that im hoping has been set up already
It should be fine other than maybe the bushing
Most are set up for AA in 28ga

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.