Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Sometimes the ignore or block button does wonders to block out the endless chatter and nonsense from the inexperienced know it alls just looking to be heard.I find it allows me to better focus on the genuine threads and replies.Makes for a much better online experience i find.
We talked about this :) and you know my thoughts on ignore but to each their own I never did it to any one on any site and not starting now Have not found one person yet that can drive me away :p and I battled with some professionals here like KPR would be the top of that list but to this day still respect him and and I am sure if we ever met would share a beer together and laugh about it just like I respect and like 3D we all have bad days;)
take care

· Registered
240 Posts
We talked about this :) and you know my thoughts on ignore but to each their own I never did it to any one on any site and not starting now Have not found one person yet that can drive me away :p and I battled with some professionals here like KPR would be the top of that list but to this day still respect him and and I am sure if we ever met would share a beer together and laugh about it just like I respect and like 3D we all have bad days;)
take care
You have more patience than me hahaha. i read a lot of old posts on this site since joining kpr was/is quite the bear hunter.
You are a good man 3mac

· Registered
18,887 Posts
You have more patience than me hahaha. i read a lot of old posts on this site since joining kpr was/is quite the bear hunter.
You are a good man 3mac
My mrs should would not agree with that
Na a tired old man most days that is falling apart as I age LIKE OTHERS HERE trying to get through a boring winter but really just a BIG shit disturber trying to keep the pages moving on this site :) with a different upbringing experiences, views and opinions which most can accept but not with some regardless what we discuss here and they think I am stupid and not see they just enjoy pulling my chain many times but not smart enough to know I will always bite back and then cry when I do or leave the site
These discussions have ZERO impact on me or my life and to me some are so far out there shocking sometimes the beliefs some have so I could not careless and would not want them in my circle anyway. Their best defense is always calling me a Liberal please yet I am one unlike them that doesn't care what they do since after I vote cannot change a thing so not wasting any time or effort there plus they are all the same
I know who my friends are here and the ones I have had the opportunity to meet face to face are indeed great guys. Ever notice it is the same few over and over I battle with HUMM I used to call them the high five gang but that was too upsetting some said so I stopped :rolleyes:
Never met the man KPR but know a few of his friends here were very knowledgeable and I miss their posts a lot Old KPR and I in the end would just fight to fight it seemed
It was simple IMO it was his site in those days and who TF was I to question or challenge him .I still think old BEA was the best bear hunter here another I miss cause it takes huge balls to hunt one with a stick as he did
take care

· Registered
240 Posts
Na a tired old man most days that is falling apart as I age LIKE OTHERS HERE trying to get through a boring winter but really just a BIG shit disturber trying to keep the pages moving on this site :) with a different upbringing experiences, views and opinions which most can accept but not with some regardless what we discuss here and they think I am stupid and not see they just enjoy pulling my chain many times but not smart enough to know I will always bite back and then cry when I do or leave the site
These discussions have ZERO impact on me or my life and to me some are so far out there shocking sometimes the beliefs some have so I could not careless and would not want them in my circle anyway. Their best defense is always calling me a Liberal please yet I am one unlike them that doesn't care what they do since after I vote cannot change a thing so not wasting any time or effort there plus they are all the same
I know who my friends are here and the ones I have had the opportunity to meet face to face are indeed great guys. Ever notice it is the same few over and over I battle with HUMM I used to call them the high five gang but that was too upsetting some said so I stopped :rolleyes:
Never met the man KPR but know a few of his friends here were very knowledgeable and I miss their posts a lot Old KPR and I in the end would just fight to fight it seemed
It was simple IMO it was his site in those days and who TF was I to question or challenge him .I still think old BEA was the best bear hunter here another I miss cause it takes huge balls to hunt one with a stick as he did
take care
Well said poo disturber😅Its a slow time of year and reading researching the internet i find is a great way to spend some days.Lots to learned out there

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Well said poo disturber😅Its a slow time of year and reading researching the internet i find is a great way to spend some days.Lots to learned out there
I joined here when the big gun herd down size was started to sell some guns yet sold one here I think all the rest went on nutz and started to read some posts and the rest is history :)
Dec jan and feb are terrible months for me ( especially now with no ice to go smelting ) go from a crazy man with not enough hours in the day to bored out of my mind Can only clean the old basement so much and still too cold to work in the garage with no heat and waste of time cooking the girls supper it seems lately. Yesterday fried fresh sole and haddock with potatoes and corn and carrots and made what I call goo lash the stuff like this with the noodles and used whole wheat noodles since that is all they eat and not my favorite by any means
Both came home and said no thanks I don't like your breaded fish or goo lash that is full of onions and garlic and spices so off they went and ate out
I will be eating this stuff for 5 days by myself like my bud says your own fault you have been spoiling them too long making supper Stop doing it and he is right
Food Recipe Ingredient Legume family Bean

· Registered
240 Posts
I joined here when the big gun herd down size was started to sell some guns yet sold one here I think all the rest went on nutz and started to read some posts and the rest is history :)
Dec jan and feb are terrible months for me ( especially now with no ice to go smelting ) go from a crazy man with not enough hours in the day to bored out of my mind Can only clean the old basement so much and still too cold to work in the garage with no heat and waste of time cooking the girls supper it seems lately. Yesterday fried fresh sole and haddock with potatoes and corn and carrots and made what I call goo lash the stuff like this with the noodles and used whole wheat noodles since that is all they eat and not my favorite by any means
Both came home and said no thanks I don't like your breaded fish or goo lash that is full of onions and garlic and spices so off they went and ate out
I will be eating this stuff for 5 days by myself like my bud says your own fault you have been spoiling them too long making supper Stop doing it and he is right
View attachment 99340
Looks and sound like a meal fit for king to me.Had my first feed of fresh smelts two days ago i grabbed some at superstore.I just do simple role in flour fry in butter salt and pepper yum they were tasty.Think i will get some more while they are available.Should have a winter supper thread on here somewhere that be nice and good to learn new stuff

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Looks and sound like a meal fit for king to me.Had my first feed of fresh smelts two days ago i grabbed some at superstore.I just do simple role in flour fry in butter salt and pepper yum they were tasty.Think i will get some more while they are available.Should have a winter supper thread on here somewhere that be nice and good to learn new stuff
Yep had my first feed maybe a week ago nothing like them . I do them different than most I remove the bones with my two thumbs before frying them flat Something my grandmother showed me and if not done right most the the flesh comes out takes a while to catch on but once you do it is like eating chips don't have to stop to pick any bones ;)
I have eaten four dozen so far but have some frozen since I ordered 20 dozen before my bud had to pull his nets since one cannot find them anywhere here and no ice to fish myself
Yesterday when picking up the fish at the shop asked him if he was going to have any since normally he gets them in form pei and says trying joe but so far no luck
Don't care what anyone says they sure don't taste the same as ones we catch here ourselves
of course with the roasted garlic fish crisp :D on it
Food Ingredient Tableware Recipe Baked goods

· Registered
630 Posts
Actually, I do the majority of the cooking when I am not out west. I enjoy it and do some pretty nice meals. Always a hobby of mine. Lots of Italian dishes and Cajun, as well as steaks, stews, soups! I will try and post some pics sometime.

· Registered
240 Posts
Yep had my first feed maybe a week ago nothing like them . I do them different than most I remove the bones with my two thumbs before frying them flat Something my grandmother showed me and if not done right most the the flesh comes out takes a while to catch on but once you do it is like eating chips don't have to stop to pick any bones ;)
I have eaten four dozen so far but have some frozen since I ordered 20 dozen before my bud had to pull his nets since one cannot find them anywhere here and no ice to fish myself
Yesterday when picking up the fish at the shop asked him if he was going to have any since normally he gets them in form pei and says trying joe but so far no luck
Don't care what anyone says they sure don't taste the same as ones we catch here ourselves
of course with the roasted garlic fish crisp :D on it
View attachment 99341
Making me hungry i use that fish crisp on flounder sometimes yum 😋
And that is either a very small plate or very large smelts

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Making me hungry i use that fish crisp on flounder sometimes yum 😋
And that is either a very small plate or very large smelts
The smelts I get from him are caught in commercial nets in Lingan bay and huge IMO compared to what I get in the ice myself normally other than when we go up north and sometimes gets some big ones there

· Registered
240 Posts
The smelts I get from him are caught in commercial nets in Lingan bay and huge IMO compared to what I get in the ice myself normally other than when we go up north and sometimes gets some big ones there
They are for sure grade A large LoL
I picked up another pack fr superstore today gonna have them tonite.For sure dont taste the same as if we caught them ourselves.But still good 😃

· Registered
7,795 Posts
take care
Shit disturber for sure,lol.!!!!! Don’t remember anyone calling you stupid, you dumb ol bug ger
Your NOT a liberal???!!!
Yea I bite back too, just the way I was raised and grew up.
Bea went to Africa and shot a Buffalo with his bow, now that would be a nerve tester!!!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
I very seldom cook unless my wife goes away. Then I’ll bbq some deer meat but usually just get a pizza. I do the yard work and upkeep and take out the garbage, my wife does the housework house work. If she was sick I’d help out, sometimes even if she’s not sick; I even did the dishes one day last week

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Man is this guy ever sucking up to you joe! Been here before under four or five different names too. He has me on ignore so he won’t see this post,lol. Wonder if he’s related to BCL haaah haaaa ha!!!

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Shit disturber for sure,lol.!!!!! Don’t remember anyone calling you stupid, you dumb ol bug ger
Your NOT a liberal???!!!
Yea I bite back too, just the way I was raised and grew up.
Bea went to Africa and shot a Buffalo with his bow, now that would be a nerve tester!!!
ya I know you bite feels just like when I prick my finger to get blood for the meter:D
Forgot about bea getting the buffalo that takes huge balls and lot of crazy
me and you :)
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Dog Companion dog Fawn Carnivore Dog supply

81 - 100 of 110 Posts