Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
David,

You never know, Derrick and I might just take it for a spin/dip/almostdrown so you can get a LMAFO moment caught on film LOL

checked your hotmail course sent in will be there Saturday for sure

· Registered
279 Posts
Kevin,

He didnt spoil us with perk coffee, None was made but he had some moose jerky, not too bad. I will fill my freezer up with some deer sausage for the trip and will donate it to David. Only thing they have to do is cook it and inv us for dinner.

· Registered
279 Posts
Well I will stop over for a bit after I help a hunter with his moose (staying positive).

I might just come down that way and call a bull out of the nice timber before the camp. I just happen to mark it on my GPS!!

but Derrick and I will be around some time during the week. Once we get them shipped out we will stop over

ps this size moose would be a big plus

· Registered
279 Posts
kewl, I understand about checkin into camp, I would check in first anyways out of mutual repect of hunting parties.

I hope to get my crew out first or second day.

What date are you there Sat 29 ?!?!

And if your crew are tagged out then I might just bow hunt one and we all can get it out.

Looking forward to supper.

· Registered
279 Posts
Well Derrick and I are seriously going after one of those monsters on those ridges. Next summer we will go up and we can fish and show you the area.

I just bought an ice sled and a big game hauler from the sportman guide. Ice sled will make it easier to transport gear over those barrens.

http://www.sportsman...e.aspx?a=785849
http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/2/205074_ts.jpg

We should plan a weekend trip just to check it out. We plan to hike the area and do some recon in the area next summer.

Great pics. Always look forward to your stories and pics

· Registered
279 Posts
looking forward to this year Dave, hope to stop over by mid week and assist any way I can. oh yeah , meals are not too shabby either :)

Good luck on the elk hunt this year, I would love to hunt Elk some time in the near future

· Registered
279 Posts
Hello Dave,

Sorry for not getting back to you early. It was nice to visit you, even though it was a short visit. My buddy Donald had to get back, we ended up getting 2 flat tires on the way out. I patched them to make it back to camp, where Derrick and another buddy ended up changing the tire the next morning.

We had a good year. Our youth hunt was a success. 8 groups of kids and we got 6 moose for the community. We seen 16 moose. Took only one small cow rest were young bulls. Derrick missed out on a massive bull by 15 mins. As he pulled up buddy just fired at a big bull. They harvested that bull. I would say a bull in the 200 range. Two guys from Bear River got it and I think they will bring it to the RV show in Halifax this year. Hoping it will make it there.

This years hunt was super special as I got to hunt after my scare last year. For those that didn't know. I have a blockage that rupture and a blood clot formed and completely stopped my heart. I survived 45 mins of CPR. Drs told me I was super lucky to survive because no one survives 45 mins of CPR unless you are a kids and it is cold water. They say it was a medical miracle, Had it happened in the hospital they would have worked on me for 15 mins then pronounce me dead. So thanks to the coworkers and friends that didnt give up on me.

10 mins sooner or later and I would have been driving and most likely would not have survived. I was lucky to be in the right place. I suffered short term memory loss but made a full recovery. I really appreciated going hunting this year and enjoying time for family and friends.

By the way I got my 13 pt bull this year.

I hope to get out and do more activiites. Dr encourage me to get out and stay active just not push it so much. I will take my time and enjoy the outdoors each time I am out.

Thanks for all the post and congrats to e1

· Registered
279 Posts
David G:
" We have two licensees this year. My buddy Allain was the first one picked in our zone and season. We couldn't believe it when his name appeared on the screen. He's our first repeat licensee. His pick in 1994 is what brought us to the Highlands to begin with. Never in our wildest dreams could we have imagined what adventures would ensue from that very first hunt...

I will document this hunt just like all the others. Food preparations are all done...equipment and hardware is ready to pack...and all final planning is in place. We're giving our best spot ( The Honey Hole) to the new team. Allain, Christien, and I will be hunting a new and untested site....with the canoe...!!!

At some point, I ( or someone else ) will post the story on NSHunting.com. We set up two game cams at 2 new spots this Summer. Can't wait to see the results...

Thank You Owen for posting this...The whole team hopes that you have a chance to join us for a meal...They really enjoy your company...

Dave

1 - 20 of 45 Posts