Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
7,795 Posts
This is an awesome thread! Love the stories and the pics.Thanks for sharing David.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
WOW ! You boys are awesome! Not just hunters but party animals too!! And your all young guys,hahaha.
Keep up the good work! And the great pics and stories,love it!!!

You gotta know there are probably a lot of envious people reading your posts,me included!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
DDD...go back and check out the years before ...moose success / fare...some great stories over the last while.
Tks Kevin- set down to watch the ball game,remembered what you said.Just finished moose hunting success 2010. Great reading great stories! Tomorrow night 2011!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
David G- don't know how to isolate a single post and didn't want to quote the whole post lol.
- sounds like you guys put in the time and got your just reward for it!
also sounds like a damn fine bunch of guys/ hunters,keep up the good work! A replacement lined up is great,probably lots hoping and drooling for the chance.But you should continue as long as your able as it appears you really enjoy it !
Soooo do you guide others - first come first serve or is it just friends/ family etc.In other words if I get picked can l call YOU !!!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Summer camping,fishing,scouting,music,food,commraderie all adds up to one heck of a good time and good memories.THAT'S what life is about!YOU GUYS got it right!!
Hopefully when you decide to pack it in someone will continue this thread as well,lol.
Too bad l applied for zone two,(more tags = more chances.However my son has not applied yet and I intend to convince him to go zone three,just on that outside chance you boys don't get picked and he does.Just appears to me you guys got it right,go,have a good time and let the moose be a bonus,if you get one! Up there twice,once with my one son then another time with one of his friends.First time we had a guide who was useless,second time all we did was drive the roads,being just a companion l had no say,found it boring!We would return to camp at dark,cook and eat,They -the other three guys,went to bed at like 8-830! Bunch of wimps.ONe day l said go without me,took the shot gun and got my limit of grouse,more enjoyable than sitting in a truck all day,lol.

Any way-GOOD LUCK to you and your group,may your success continue! and your posts.
BTW- I'll be golfing at the Pines on Sunday!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Awesome! Hopefully he will make the PGA on day!
Lots of good golfers out of Digby area,the woman that won the NS ameture last yr,from Digby and now works at Brunello.Then a friend of my wife's has a son now in the US playing and coming into his own this year,just won two tournaments this year (Crieghton).Must be something in the air down there!
Going down for a party!mother in laws 75th at Cornwallis,probably go back to Glenn's camp one day as well- back woods of Digby- and a tick hatchery! LOL.
Best of luck to Austin! Hey your older than me!!!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
The boy can eat...a few wild game feeds at my home and he wanted to become a hunter!! Hope he gets drawn. I didn't realise you guys were in zone 3...like DDD I tried zone 2....again....but based on 30 years of not getting drawn...I guess it really doesn't matter!!

Butch
Oh it matters!! If you don't get a tag yourself you better hope these guys; David and Trevor and gang;will invite you,cause at your age......well you know,you have one foot somewhere else!
David- you better have the paramedics close by if Butch goes.
But -GOOD LUCK HAIRY-ONE - you've waited long enough.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
The age thing.......well it's just a number and your not that old anyway,as to feelings well.....sh** just bounces off me-
I always thought zone 5 was a given for a moose if you went there !
If I ever get to go to hunt 5 -I'll just play 36 holes of golf a day that summer instead of 18,you know get in shape lol.
Good luck with this year's draw.
David -sorry for the hi-jack!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Great stuff David G! Thanks for taking the time to post and share,we appreciate it!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
DDD,

I'm not a golfer but my grand nephew Austin connelly is. He won the Junior Ryder Cup for the American team in 2014 with this 90 foot putt...

http://www.golfchannel.com/video/connelly-drains-90-foot-putt-junior-ryder-cup/

He has since turned pro and is presently playing in Europe. He has dual citizenship and identifies himself as a Canadian in most of his tours... He is a member of the Clare Golf Club.

This a photo of him with Jordan Spieth:
IMG_1870.jpeg

Spieth only made $3 million last year...!!!

Have Fun..! It's giving great weather for the week-end....
HE IS ON PAGE ONE OF THE LEADER BOARD AT THE BRITISH OPEN RIGHT NOW !!!!!
Gongrats to him you and the entire family !!!!!
GO AUSTIN GO!!!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Thanks for the hunting stories David,I love this thread!!
But - back to GOLF-lol- I only got to see the end of the final round((had the grandkids)) Finishing tied for fourteenth in a field with all the top pros in the entire WORLD !!! He made more $$$ in a week than most make in a year!! What a future that young man has.CONGRATS to you and tha entire family! Sponsorship will be no problem from here on.
Oh yeh, enjoy the fishing trip,lol.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
DAVID G - Sorry to interrupt but you gotta show the rest of us on the site how to post pics ( that aren't from that f-ing photo bucket).

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Great pics David,awesome scenery! Thanks for sharing--- and keep them coming!
All that food made me hungry.Who cares what time it is-- I'm gonna flash up the BBQ and have a steak,(deer of course)!!!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Hairy--one good to hear from you- I was getting REALLY worried about ya.
Need a patent on that portrait- that may become famous!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
That's Kevin,always helping every one out!
Looking good David,better give the little wife a taste of some of those.
Good luck in CB !

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Awesome stuff David G thanks for all the pics and stories- My fav thread!

Congrats butch !

1 - 20 of 53 Posts