Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
761 - 780 of 803 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guidance and reassurance from folk who have had, and are also, experiencing the same thing can be a great positive mental booster for you. Enjoy your weekend bud !...Like Joe said...we're all pullin for you.
I just received an email from one of my sisters that is a nurse in the States and she said that Monday is always the best day to have surgery because there is always full staffing and all contingencies are in place for the week. Never thought about that.

When you've been waiting 2 full weeks... there's no tribulation...you just want to have it done. But having others think of you does put your heart in the right place for it. Aboriginals believe that we're all part of a common spirit that gives us life. For the first time in my life, I can feel that spirit. Thank you all...

·
Registered
224 Posts
As David’s rest’s and prepares for his surgery prep work for the summer and fall trips continues on. This summer I will accompanied by my girlfriend and daughter (9 years old).
The plan is to update the stand at the honey hole check trail cams and of course trout fishing. It will be my daughters 3rd summer trip to the highlands and she wouldn’t miss it for anything.

this summers meals will look a bit different as I aim to keep it very simple and easy. The picture below is 2 2lbMac and cheese pre cooked (this weeks left overs). In both bags there’s the cooked meal Along with extra cheese. The process couldn’t be easier, once on the mountain the frozen vaccine sealed meal gets put in a pot and boiled for 10-15min. Open the bag and serve easy hot home cooked meal.

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's a little early to ask but it would be great to get an update on David. Hopefully everything went well for him!

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
Thought about him last night at supper, wondering how things went. Hopefully Ducker will keep us in the loop.

Reactions: Pete

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys, ( From my hospital bed)

Surgery yesterday went well. Got out of recovery at noon to-day. I can't thank the doctors and nurses enough..!! The care that you get in the Cardiac Department of QE11 is second to none in the world...I'm sure..!! This is the place to be if your ticker goes wrong...for sure...!!

To-day and tomorrow should be my worst days as far as pain is concerned and they're quite tolerable thanks to the hour by hour monitoring by the wonderful staff of nurses...!! Can't say enough about them.

Ducker, you damn well better bring back a few trout from Bell Lake for me, or I'll take you off the team. LOL

In a bit of discomfort but it's tolerable...

No physical work or lifting and pushing for the next 2 months....Should have plenty of time for story telling. LOL

Thanks for all the support guys, state of mind is important in situations like this...and you guys surely helped get me to the right place mentally and emotionally...! Thanks so much..!!

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
THAT'S AWESOME NEWS ....!!!!
annnnd what makes it even more special...it's right from the horses mouth ! 😄😄😄
Tell em to add a little more morphine to your corn flakes this morning Dave...so you can get to typing
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Speedy recovery bud !!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Great news ! >Pete

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
Hi guys, ( From my hospital bed)

Surgery yesterday went well. Got out of recovery at noon to-day. I can't thank the doctors and nurses enough..!! The care that you get in the Cardiac Department of QE11 is second to none in the world...I'm sure..!! This is the place to be if your ticker goes wrong...for sure...!!

To-day and tomorrow should be my worst days as far as pain is concerned and they're quite tolerable thanks to the hour by hour monitoring by the wonderful staff of nurses...!! Can't say enough about them.

Ducker, you damn well better bring back a few trout from Bell Lake for me, or I'll take you off the team. LOL

In a bit of discomfort but it's tolerable...

No physical work or lifting and pushing for the next 2 months....Should have plenty of time for story
telling. LOL

Thanks for all the support guys, state of mind is important in situations like this...and you guys surely helped get me to the right place mentally and emotionally...! Thanks so much..!!
Best post of the year!!!
Take care David heal quickly'!!!

·
GREYBEARD
2,904 Posts
Glad it went well for you David !
Although totally different from yours, I had a total knee replacement surgery on Wednesday this week and looking a 8 wks recovery.
I hope recovery goes by quickly for you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Always great to hear positive recovery stories and yes Dave a positive outlook goes a very long way to a speedy recovery.
I will put rielle on the road to get you a feed of trout I can assure you she will fix them and all for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Always great to hear positive recovery stories and yes Dave a positive outlook goes a very long way to a speedy recovery.
I will put rielle on the road to get you a feed of trout I can assure you she will fix them and all for you.
Diana sends a hello. I have no doubt that Rielle will do a super job at cleaning those trout...she was teaching all the other kids how to do it last Summer.

Say Hi to Allain for me. Good luck on your trip Sunday. Take hundreds of pictures....that's the only way that I can be there this year.

Have fun...let me know what's on the trail cams.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm set to be released tomorrow morning...Great news...!!!

I've met many exceptional patients during my 3 week stay here,,,some will remain life long friends. The following quote comes from one of them. I have spent most of my 3 weeks here with him. He has a background in the dramatic arts... you can tell...I cracked up when I read his response to learning of my release tomorrow...too funny not to share.

Good on ya.

You’ll have fun, implementing your ratiocinative scientist’s mind to get into the healing regime. Your gradually lengthening walks. Getting to know the myriad pharmaceuticals and divvying them up into one of those fussy little old man cases some fishermen use to store their flies, taking your temp and weighing yourself and recording the results, and sitting in your recliner like King Farouk as servants fill your every need and the entire French Shore is emptied as the entire population, former students, friends, neighbours, hunting buddies, make that pilgrimage like Muslims to Mecca to kneel before you, obeisance, each saying the same thing:

“WELCOME HOME YOU OLD COOT!”

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best emaIl response of the day from Ducker:

Wow that is great news Dave. We’re really proud of your progress.

I’m sending you this e-mail from hunters mountain. Got here today and we’re settled in for a good 5 days. We will be in touch and take care.

P.s. I checked 2 cameras today and have over 300 pics of moose.

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
That's awesome news Dave !!! I was worried you wouldn't be out in time to vote for the Turd 💩 💩 🤣..LMFAO

RELAX...and don't overdo ANYTHING during your rebuild. As your buddy says...let the peasants serve their King !!
All the very best, speedy recoup..." YOU OLD COOT" 😁😁😁😁

761 - 780 of 803 Posts