Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
801 - 815 of 815 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Great to hear David! Take her slow and easy and as louisbear says hope you shoot that big buck that’s been haunting you for the past few years!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #802 ·
Funny that you should mention that buck DDD. It was right about this time that my game cam started picking up photos of him last year...

Deer Automotive lighting Fawn Terrestrial animal Horn

Tree Plant Atmospheric phenomenon Fawn Natural landscape

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Hopefully he’s still around if you like I can come up and try to take him until your ready any way

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #804 ·
TENT TOWN MOOSE HUNT...always unexpected challenges...

Can't say enough about our 2021 moose hunting team. I sent a message to Christien last night to see how their tent set up went. This was his answer...

We are here safe and sound. Minus my trailer. I lost an axel and then the other tire blew right after luckily I was not even in St Bernard. A few phone calls and 1.5hrs later the tow truck had my trailer. I had a borrowed one loaded and on my way. Was at bell lake by 2pm. Big tent is set up a long with garage tent.

Wood Automotive exterior Outdoor furniture Fender Grass

Saint Bernard is about 10 miles from Christien's place. Didn't do too badly if he was only put back for a couple of hours and made it to North Bell Lake by mid afternoon yesterday. Simple solution when you're close to home...a different story if he had been in the middle of Hunters' Mountain...but there's always a way...

·
Administrator
10,216 Posts
I see "ol Murphy" is still around haunting the hunters...LOL

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #806 ·
I see "ol Murphy" is still around haunting the hunters...LOL
True, but Murphy can only slow you down...you have to ignore him and forge ahead...

A 14 pointer and a 20 pointer...I hope they took plenty of photos. Will let Christien recount the 2021 hunt later. Haven't talked to the crew yet. Anxious to hear all about it.

Plant Plant community Wood Shorts Sky

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Great bulls !! Looking forward to the story. >Pete

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #808 ·
Slowly getting a few of the pictures from the crew...

Two nice bulls...

This was the full hunting crew...

Plant Smile Plant community Tree Sky

·
Administrator
10,216 Posts
Awesomeness right there !!
Can't wait for the regale !

·
Registered
287 Posts
It was a nice visit as always. Maybe next Dave we can meet up again. boys were happy to see me. I stopped in as part of our Youth hunt with my Nephew Kayl, and gohchild Landon who were on their first moose hunt. They didnt get to see any moose that weekend.

I was up the Mtn for 2 wks . I seen 26 moose , 5 cows and a calf, rest were all bulls. I seen 3 nice bulls the 2 wks. One monster bull.the whole time 2 wks

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #812 ·
How are you doing David. I hope your recovery is going well
take care
Joe
I feel great Joe. Thanks for asking.

I had never realized the effects of cancelling 3 months of your life...basically that's what happens when you're not allowed to lift more than 5 lbs. per arm. But the work that needed to be done doesn't go away and, in fact, more of it accumulates on top of it. Man, it sucks when you're not allowed to do what you'd like to do physically.

I had 2 major projects to do last Summer...a new floor upstairs ( July)(that was completed before my procedure), and a new deck outside...August). My procedure cancelled the last project. Bit by bit, with the help of friends, I'm starting to see the light with the second project.

This was the old deck:

Plant Wood Road surface Tree Building

And this is the new one:
Plant Wood Road surface Flooring Tree

I actually assembled and put in this rail by myself yesterday. FINALLY I'm passed the 5 lbs rule...
Wood Plant Outdoor furniture Wood stain Hardwood

And I also had a chance to bait up one of my spots a few days ago and within hours of baiting this young spike showed up...Things are looking up...!!!

Plant Tree Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Groundcover

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Real glad to hear David. Just take your time and pace yourself I know it is hard to do at first but stuff still gets done. Sadly I have that t shirt also and an old 4 hour job is now a day or better
Take care

·
Administrator
10,216 Posts
Easy big fella.....eeeeeeeassssy !!!! Thats great news Dave!!

Our best friends brother just had the same thing done Thursday gone. He's 55...Jack had a 95% blockage, and has had a couple of stents from previous work..this was either a triple or quad bypass done. Only allowed out of bed to use the bathroom for the week(s) prior.
He's doin well now and Dr.s are pleased with their work and he outcome !

801 - 815 of 815 Posts