Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
881 - 889 of 889 Posts

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
It wouldn't be the first meals ever eat off of a lowered ironing board...lmao ... but, the burned up cover had to be off !!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #882 ·
Pete F. will be joining us on our CB hunt again this year along with his oldest son Brad. Brad just finished a 2 year teaching endeavor in Gjoa Haven. Looks like I'll have plenty of Camp Attendant assistants..!!

Pete just emailed me this photo...I'm assuming that he took this yesterday because it's still daylight in Alberta
right now.

Plant Natural environment Street light Wood Organism

He probably took it just to sharpen up his field dressing skills before joining us in the Highlands. LOL
I'm going to let him know that our menu is short of a steak dinner...!!! He might get the hint...??!!

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
With all the available game out there to hunt , ole Pete has GOT to be loving living in AB right now

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #885 ·
Just arrived home from Hunters' Mountain. BEST HUNT EVER...!!

Five sightings the first day and 2 tags filled. The third tag filled yesterday morning at 8.15 AM. Two bulls and one cow. Had 3 teams (18 people ) for the week. Wet and windy weather but everyone had a great time.

Gary, what a difference with that little camp stove...it didn't heat up the whole cabin but there was always a place to go to warm up...We'll never be without it...

Everyone took tons of photos. I told all the hunters to transfer them to SD cards so that I can easily load them up to a file on my desktop. Can't wait to get them all...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Whoooo Hoooooo......thats awesome !! >Pete

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
forgot to ask..did Owen and Derrick make it over...seen on FB that they were up there for the storm ?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #889 ·
Kevin, Owen did pay us a visit Sunday afternoon but we had just arrived and needed to set up our cabin tent as fast as we could. Didn't have much time to socialize. We were hoping that we would see him again during the week but it wasn't a very good week for travelling...wind and heavy rain.

It didn't take long to get a fire going after Christien set up the stove:

Wood Gas Flooring Ceiling T-shirt

Man, did that heat ever feel good...!!

Wood Heat Gas Tints and shades Fire

Sky Tarpaulin Tent Ecoregion Plant

This is what it looked like from out 'backdoor' for most of the first 3 days of the hunt.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Not the best weather for people but GREAT WEATHER FOR MOOSE..!!!

881 - 889 of 889 Posts