Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a moose license for zone 2, season 2. Wonder if anyone has any advice on the area or best places to hunt. Wonder if anyone can recommend a guide for that hunt.
My 2 buddies are not available so I don’t have any companion hunters so if someone is interested in splitting the cost and the moose meat, that may also be an option.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have hunted there twice. Once on the Northshore and once off the highland road.Both in Zone 2. If I were to recommend a place there I would strongly suggest that you hunt one of the many off roads from Highland road. Some of those off roads go for miles and miles.Calling would be to your advantage as the rut will be in full swing. That is the same week I am in NL, if I were not I would have been more then happy to guide you. I am a Registered Guide. Finding a Guide at this point might be hard. I could recommend Lester MacAskill in Englishtown. He is well known and good IMO. You should not have any problems getting a buddy or two to go with you. You should go on FB and make a post in the Nova Scotia Hunting Page. I see posts like this there every year. You will have hits right away. Best of luck..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a moose license for zone 2, season 2. Wonder if anyone has any advice on the area or best places to hunt. Wonder if anyone can recommend a guide for that hunt.
My 2 buddies are not available so I don’t have any companion hunters so if someone is interested in splitting the cost and the moose meat, that may also be an option.
Have you found a guide?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts