Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,480 Posts
He will be fine there, I hear the Cape is booming :p
Got this last night in a PM someone that knows you wanted to share how you got your name Thunderstick :D:D and where you are living:D:D
\

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to start up an old thread. I am also from Ontario looking at 100+ acres in Nova Scotia. Used to live there and looking to make our way back. I currently have a property to hunt on in stewiacke but it is lacking in acreage. Seeing lots of properties in smithfield area, 40min south of Antigonish. Is the deer hunting any good in zones 106 and 110?

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Not sure about antigonish county but Pictor county is crawling with deer.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Smithfield is located on the West river St'Marys on hwy 348 in Guyborough Co . that area has some great areas to hunt .a lot of the surrounding property is crown so lots of ground to hunt on . not to mention that area has some great fishing opportunities as well . smithfield is very low population density and very rural no local amenities with in at least a 20 min drive ( store ,gas ,post office ) .

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Smithfield is located on the West river St'Marys on hwy 348 in Guyborough Co . that area has some great areas to hunt .a lot of the surrounding property is crown so lots of ground to hunt on . not to mention that area has some great fishing opportunities as well . smithfield is very low population density and very rural no local amenities with in at least a 20 min drive ( store ,gas ,post office ) .
If you play 45’s you’ll fit right in!

·
Registered
461 Posts
As someone pointed out above, Nova Scotia is actually quite densely populated. I definitely notice a difference here from southern New Brunswick where I grew up. While both provinces have seen more people building outside the towns/cities over the years, Nova Scotia seems worse in that way. New Brunswick still has more remote areas today than Nova Scotia. Also, I believe the regulations in NB on how far you have to be from houses and/or cottages is not as restrictive but don't quote me on that. Point here is, if you're not married to the idea of moving to Nova Scotia specifically, you might want to consider New Brunswick. House and land prices there have traditionally been lower than here in NS too in case that matters.
My sense is that in terms of easily huntable land, either the western end of NS toward Yarmouth or the eastern end/eastern shore will be better than the central part of the province in terms of access for hunting.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts