Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday will go down as my worst experiences in life. While coming home from walking I took what was a bad heart attack that came from out of no where. Someone was watching over me for when I got to emergency (Soldiers Memorial) it was closed but a clerk inside happened to see me and opened the door. There just happened to be a doctor she found upstairs. The guy immediately knew what was going on and gave me an injection for the blockage but it failed. Knowing the scarcity of ambulances and it was urgent that I get to a main hospital, by the grace of god there just happened to be an ambulance found only 20 minutes away. I was in the operating room by 2:00 am in Halifax. I had no signs to indicate a problem, no blood pressure problems, not over weight, non smoker, not diabetic, no high colestrol. Genetic they believe? Still in pain, can't seem to get comfortable, had many injections along the way, so my system is no doubt on over load. Quite a tramatic event to go through. I am deeply in debt to these people who worked feverishly around the clock to save me from the staff at Soldiers Memorial Hospital, to the Halifax Hospital, the paramedics and Kentville Hospital. What they are doing with what they have is simply amazing. True heroes in these times.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Sorry to hear that TS. One never knows when our last day is. Thankfully the guy upstairs (or downstairs ;)) … wasn’t ready for you yet. Hope you have a speedy recovery, and back in the bush before too long. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery TS . you are very lucky considering the state of our health care system .

·
Registered
452 Posts
Some would say with that kind of luck you should buy lottery tickets! But I believe you've used all your good luck already!! Glad to hear you're still with us and on the road to recovery.

·
Registered
16,432 Posts
Real Sorry to hear thunderstick. You are so dam lucky especially that you made it home to get to a hospital. Hopefully the bear was with you

. Normally the ones with no PRIOR issues or signs are bang flops and never get a second chance lost two pals like that :( one mowing the lawn and one on step putting shoes on and Zero past issues and barely over 60. One as you say was genetic other not sure

I am really glad you are still with us and please slow down my friend AND TAKE IT EASY and as buckmark says just not your time but sure scares the crap out of you and yes every day is a blessing and thank god we don't know what we are facing
All the best for a speedy recovery
You may have hurt yourself over the years dragging all of those heavy lever actions around :) and might be time to switch to bolt actions :)
Take care and you will be back in the stand this fall and agree all hospital workers are our true heroes and we cannot thank them enough for what they do daily
Joe

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thunderstick, that was a very traumatic event. I am glad to hear that you are in recovery mode. It sounds like your stars aligned. Take care of yourself …one day at a time…..and soon you’ll be back in the deer stand.🦌🦌

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Very happy it turned out for the better and things fell together in a timely manner for you , take care my friend and get well soon .
Take every day you can and take it easy on yourself to regain your strength , b4 you know it the fall will be here and your back in the woods .

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
WOW...What an ordeal to go through..!!! That's what's so hideous about heart failure. There's often no signs at all before it hits you.

All the best for a speedy recovery. There's always some discomfort and adjustments to be made at the beginning of the recovery process but you 'll see a gradual improvement in how you feel as the days go by.

·
Administrator
10,845 Posts
WOW...thoughts and prayers for you bud !! You just NEVER ever know do you? As bad as the gub'ment makes our health care system...thank god for its workers !!!!
Wishing you ALL the best ol boyyy...speedy recovery annnd do what Joe says...TAKE IT EASY !! mend slowly !

·
Registered
618 Posts
Glad you're ok TS! Take it easy and I wish you a speedy recovery...Thankfully you have lots of time to mend before Deer Season:)

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Holy FK thunder stick sorry to hear this you take care of yourself and get healthy!!!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the reply's. Still quite messed up. Considerable pain. Weird, felt incredible prior, now feel half as good as I did before. Does not make much sense to me, not being diabetic, no high colestrol, no high blood pressure, not over weight, exercise every day, unless it was related to an injury. Appointment with the doc Friday.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
WOW ! Speedy recovery. >Pete

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hang in there Thunderstick, you will recover. I know because I had a similar experience back in 2006. My wife was away and I was building a rock wall beside our house when I suddenly had chest pains ,shortness of breath and broke out in a cold sweat, and felt completely drained of energy. I had to sit down for about 15 min before I felt that I could walk to the house door about 20 feet away. We live 25 miles from the hospital out on a lake and there was no other houses around so I drove my truck to the hospital. They gave me somethings and then quickly sent me to Halifax by ambulance, where they wipped me on the table and inserted 2 stints to clear blockages. Up to that point of the attack I had no idea that anything was wrong with me.That was 16 years ago and I have had no problems since. I'm 82 now and I feel great and do whatever I feel like doing. I too was a non drinker, non smoker and was what I thought in good shape before it happened.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts