Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
So much anger towards everything... :-(
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching Live - Chuck Porter was just announced as the new L&F minister. Anyone know anything about him (ie: is he a hunter?) :)

He's pretty unlikely to do anything much since it's a interim government with an election usually called very soon after a premier change like this. COVID might delay the election call a bit, but it'll be pretty soon.

I'm curious if he's a potential friend to our sport or not...?

R

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
He is my MLA. He is not a Hunter. I have met with him on several issues over the years. He was receptive, the issues I brought to him were Outdoor related. Nothing was ever resolved however but he did assist. I doubt he will be in that position long as I suspect an election will be called sooner rather then later...

·
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is my MLA. He is not a Hunter. I have met with him on several issues over the years. He was receptive, the issues I brought to him were Outdoor related. Nothing was ever resolved however but he did assist. I doubt he will be in that position long as I suspect an election will be called sooner rather then later...
Oh well. I was kind of hoping he was a hunter who would take the change to make some changes on things he was frustrated abo9ut himself. ha ha

·
Super Moderator
9,769 Posts
ACTUALLY....he was the MLA for Hants West and he HAS supported the HWWA in the past !! Hopefully he continues to do so.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
ACTUALLY..... he still IS the MLA for Hants West and yes he HAS Supported HWWA in past years.(according to Mike) He also has supported me in several Outdoor Related issues and submitted Private Members Bill on my behalf relating to an Outdoor Issue. I have sat in his office several times, he is very receptive. HOWEVER.....as asked by the OP, he is NOT a Hunter..Having said this, I am not a Liberal and will never vote for him or any other Liberal

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
ACTUALLY..... he still IS the MLA for Hants West and HAS Supported HWWA in past years. He also has supported me in several Outdoor Related issues and submitted Private Members Bill on my behalf relating to an Outdoor Issue. HOWEVER.....as asked by the OP, is he a Hunter..the answer still remains the same..No..LOL
Great still to hear he has reached out and helped when needed .

·
Super Moderator
9,769 Posts

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
I'm with nomad
He's a liberal
Push him down the stairs!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi guys while your bashing Chuck whom I drop in and have a coffee with and chat about HWWA issues such as no stalking of Meadow last fall and winter with bows . He handled that in 20 mins We are getting 3 this year. And other issues. He was one who worked to get a fishing season last year. So go ahead and bash,
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Have to remember some here would bash Jesus Christ if he wore a liberal hat and cannot see with their heads up their arse or others are not willing to face the truth

All they know is PC is always good and liberal is always bad. NOT

Next they will be calling you a Liberal sheep
sad.png

Yes I am a conservative but give credit to any MLA regardless of the hat they wear when credit is due and sounds like it is here for sure

Cheers

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Actually Joe, I don't think we've had a decent provincially gov't of any stripe in decades. The 3 worst in my recent memory would be Donald Cameron's Tories, John Savage's liberals and last but not least,Darrell Dexter's NDP. So there you have it, all three colours of the NS political spectrum. I don't know who Porter is,so I will make no personal observations. Do I support his party? That's a hard no.Am I optimistic about the successor? Again, that's a hard no. This province has been going in circles for decades. Until someone jumps off the merry go round and recognizes that we need a whole new way of doing business, we are going nowhere but down.

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Actually Joe, I don't think we've had a decent provincially gov't of any stripe in decades. The 3 worst in my recent memory would be Donald Cameron's Tories, John Savage's liberals and last but not least,Darrell Dexter's NDP. So there you have it, all three colours of the NS political spectrum. I don't know who Porter is,so I will make no personal observations. Do I support his party? That's a hard no.Am I optimistic about the successor? Again, that's a hard no. This province has been going in circles for decades. Until someone jumps off the merry go round and recognizes that we need a whole new way of doing business, we are going nowhere but down.
I haven't compared them honestly but know some were just fine for the different areas of the mainland and like my grandmother would say we have not had one give a F'k about us in the cape since Angus L Mac donald in the 30's and 40's
sad.png

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
9,769 Posts
Hi guys while your bashing Chuck whom I drop in and have a coffee with and chat about HWWA issues such as no stalking of Meadow last fall and winter with bows . He handled that in 20 mins We are getting 3 this year. And other issues. He was one who worked to get a fishing season last year. So go ahead and bash,
rolleyes.gif
Great stuff right there Steve ! Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention !!!

·
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rolleyes.gif
Thanks for posting - that is great to hear!

:)

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I read the thread again long ranger and I really don't see much of any actually bashing of Porter himself.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Chuck Porter is the one that signs the "state of emergencies" for NS. WHY are we STILL in a state of emergency ???? One tenth of one percent had covid. That is not grounds for a state of emergency. !!! Open the province up and lets get on with life. I'm tired of the Liberal control and I will bash all of them. They are all cut from the same cloth. In a state of emergency ... it is "against the law" to raise prices on essential items. Has anyone seen the price of food and gas lately ????

·
Registered
671 Posts
Chuck Porter is the one that signs the "state of emergencies" for NS. WHY are we STILL in a state of emergency ????
It's very simple. A virus spreads exponentially if it has free course to run with no restrictions. You know those flu seasons where 2/3 of the people you know end up catching it? Yeah, like that.

Do you leave everyone in the building when only 1% of it is on fire or declare an emergency and put it out?

Or do you wait for the fire to grow to 50% of the building and then declare an emergency?

Wake up. Look at the USA. Half a million dead. More than they lost in both world wars. Stop saying nothing is happening because we shut the door on this tiny beast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts