Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like you can now carry a .22 during deer season if you are hunting rabbits - at least it looks that way on p45. Anyone see this?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. I've been running on the regs I learned in the 80's I guess! never assumed that they would ever relax a rule!

·
So much anger towards everything... :-(
1,568 Posts
Wow. I've been running on the regs I learned in the 80's I guess! never assumed that they would ever relax a rule!
Wait until you see the rules around having your gun in a case in a vehicle that came in last year. :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Every year, in the regs summary booklet, there is a page "SIgnificant Changes for this year". If you thoroughly understand last years regs , it helps to easily know what has changed. It is never time wasted reading the reg booklet every year. Take about the same amount of time as down a bottle of sewer swill - er....... I mean beer.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Every year, in the regs summary booklet, there is a page "SIgnificant Changes for this year". If you thoroughly understand last years regs , it helps to easily know what has changed. It is never time wasted reading the reg booklet every year. Take about the same amount of time as down a bottle of sewer swill - er....... I mean beer.
X2.It is very importent every year to read through these regs.
It cost nothing to read this book but can cost you everything if not knowing any new laws and caught breaking them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Other way around, you CAN keep it on the dash (though, not loaded...) ;-) Case / lock only required after dark now. :)
That was a joke - but regarding your post - is that true now? I'm never sure about the regs with read to transporting the firearm.
What I was taught is that you have to have it either in a licked trunk, or have it in a locked case, or in a case with the trigger locked.

Are you now saying that if it's daytime, I can have it uncased on the passenger seat as long as it's unloaded?

·
Registered
181 Posts
That was a joke - but regarding your post - is that true now? I'm never sure about the regs with read to transporting the firearm.
What I was taught is that you have to have it either in a licked trunk, or have it in a locked case, or in a case with the trigger locked.

Are you now saying that if it's daytime, I can have it uncased on the passenger seat as long as it's unloaded?
Yes, as long as you are with the gun ( and the firearm is non-restricted). If you leave the vehicle, then the gun has to be locked up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its nice to see NS following the same laws as everywhere else, maybe someday we will even be able to hunt on sundays
Now that's crazy talk. If they allowed that, then we'd be able to enjoy Saturday and Sunday!
You'd also be able to hunt deer for more than five days during deer season if you had a full-time job.
I mean, why would anyone who paid $26 bucks for a deer license want to hunt for more than 5 days?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now your talking! Perhaps we should throw in mandatory hunters orange for Duck hunters as well.
Then we can up the legal rifle shooting distance from a dwelling to 440 m to 1,000!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts