Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Hopefully that uploaded alright, I’ll make sure to get some more once she’s topped with a nice piece of glass.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Very nice WM. Did you decide on a scope yet ??
I think I settled on a Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33mm but may bump up to the 3-9x40mm. There's only 1oz in the difference so weight isn't a concern, it really just depends what Bob @ Young Guns has in stock because I want to give him the business.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
put a 30 mm tube on that thing...leave the 1 inch behind...you'll be glad you did ;);)
I disagree, a 30mm tube is heavier, the only thing it's good for is more adjustment which in a brush rifle under 400 yards you don't need. If you are thinking you get more light transmission and can tell the difference I doubt it. I have both 30mm tubs and 1 inch tubes and can't tell the difference.

·
Administrator
10,845 Posts
I can see the diff in the overall surrounding FOV...which equals brighter, more clarity viewing...for me anyways. What I can't tell the difference in is the few ounces of weight in a scope...even carrying it all day every day.
Ultimately it's your choice....do remember this tho...settle on what YOU WANT....NOT on WHAT THEY GOT !!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Where do you guys get your Talley Rings? It doesn't look like I can order from them directly in Canada, but I may be mistaken.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
That's a gorgeuos rifle woodsmaster. You'll get years of enjoyment and memories out of it.

Reactions: WoodsMaster

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Well I ended up doing something I didn’t think I’d do. I went with a 3-9 VX-Freedom with the Hunt-Plex Reticle. After a LOT of research and discussion with you guys on here, I had to take a step back and think what I really wanted to get out of this rifle/scope combo. I decided that since I already have my Marlin as a brush gun, I’d make this rifle my “do-it-all” gun, which would make the 3-9 the most obvious choice. At 12oz it’s only 1oz heavier than the 2-7, so pretty negligible in my opinion. Got a set of Talley Lightweights on order and once mounted I think this will be an excellent combo. Someday I’d like to switch this out for a 2.5-8, but only if I can find a good deal on one.

Glasses Eyewear Font Office supplies Audio equipment

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well I ended up doing something I didn’t think I’d do. I went with a 3-9 VX-Freedom with the Hunt-Plex Reticle. After a LOT of research and discussion with you guys on here, I had to take a step back and think what I really wanted to get out of this rifle/scope combo. I decided that since I already have my Marlin as a brush gun, I’d make this rifle my “do-it-all” gun, which would make the 3-9 the most obvious choice. At 12oz it’s only 1oz heavier than the 2-7, so pretty negligible in my opinion. Got a set of Talley Lightweights on order and once mounted I think this will be an excellent combo. Someday I’d like to switch this out for a 2.5-8, but only if I can find a good deal on one.

View attachment 98196
I'd say that's a great choice for the new rifle!

61 - 80 of 84 Posts