Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt get drawn this year, marking my 31st attempt, so im headed to the rock in the fall if covid keeps the American hunters away.
Ive been stashing cash for a rainy day and its raining somewhere.
Ive talked to my buddy and weve decided to go for it, one moose between us and split the cost down the middle.
Any advice you guys can give or deals to be found, let me know.
I know the deals wont be found until September and im thinking its going to be a last minute thing but if we have everything in place and planned , we should be ok.

Im sure Kevin can find a grey fish tub for us in exchange for a feed of moose. Lol
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
9,933 Posts
you'd better add a little more powder to your 44 mag shells...maybe a partition bullet too. This is what they look like Tim..lol
my moose.jpeg
my moose.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,616 Posts
I am heading over again this fall. Think it will be my 12th time? My Daughter comes with me and we both Hunt on a Companion tag..As I book well in advance there is no discounts attached to my tag, however with the math we both would pay $2650.00 all in taxes included for the week. That is Cdn Dollars. I saw discounted last minute hunts last year as low as $3000.00 for single tags. It will all hinge on the US borders being opened. Not really sure how that looks at this time? No matter, if you go best of luck. It has become an addition for me. I save my Dimes every year to make it happen..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony and i have agreed on a letter to send to outfitters, and ive sent it off to 12, tony has a list of about the same number. We want to stay on the western side of the island for a quick run to the boat.

So far ive heard back from 4, 2 say they have started a cancellation list with the other 2 expecting the border open. One of the outfitters who added us to their cancellation list offered a package deal for us if we booked.
Another outfitter told us to hold tight and wait for last minute deals as he expects the border to open then close pretty quick. He didnt offer a deal but told us to check back once things got closer to the season.

Lots of promise and we figure its going to happen.
Counting the days and getting ready to go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,616 Posts
Another one to look at, over the others i passed to you. Crabbes River Outfitters. Their web page is down but they operate on their FB account. They are going to see me and my daughter in 2022..
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top