Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Place wasn't worried until Monday night, when she heard the coyote banging around outside of her bedroom window. "I thought, 'She's trying to get in my house," Place, 63, said Tuesday. She tried tapping on her windows to scare the animal away, but the coyote's banging only got louder and Place, terrified, called North Attleboro police to her door. What ensued next was a bizarre encounter straight out of a movie, Place said, ending in a bite that would send her to the hospital. As she was showing the officers where she heard the sounds coming from, they came across a large hole in the siding across the bottom of her trailer. There, Place swears she saw two yellow eyes -- but only for a second. And as officers were planning what to do next, the coyote suddenly appeared behind them. Police Capt. Joseph DiRenzo, recounting the incident on behalf of two of his officers Monday, said it appeared "out of nowhere." Later, when she inspected the siding, Place said there was another hole on the other side of the trailer. She thinks as police closed in, the coyote escaped out the back route and walked to the other side of her home to corner them. Officers ordered her to back up gently and Place, knowing better than to stare the coyote in the eye, looked down as she slowly moved. But the coyote followed. "It was like a dog greeting its owner," Place said. "It was so weird." Place said the coyote ignored the two men and never took its eyes off of her. Eventually, she saw the animal's paws below. "I said to myself, 'I'm in trouble."

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news/local_news/north-attleboro-woman-recounts-coyote-bite-i-m-in-trouble/article_240da914-e987-589e-b99f-9c166cbc7bc8.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts