Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some will probably enjoy this but just recently our club sent every one notification that if you are not double vaccinated you no longer are welcome. With the gun ban we struggled to stay open, as members never renewed there membership. Like I explained about my physio appointments, I am one of the few that go. I am one of the few that has used the club. Now more members will be sent away. In a time when business can barely keep there doors open, get workers, this I cannot see helping, but what do I know. The head of the club thought I would be upset. No I said I really donot care anymore. Do what ever the masses think is right. This will never be over. People listening, living in fear from here on in it seems.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I don't think anyone here enjoys seeing this but at the same time many me included have been saying it is coming in all areas of your life so unless one has a REAL medical condition preventing one from getting the vaccine and your doc will write a letter ( which my doc says almost NONE are doing ) be prepared to get the vaccine or live in isolation with the world and forget about what you enjoyed in the past
Plus the numbers that will not have it are getting less and less daily so the impact eventually will be not felt by any business or event
My wife this weekend and her friends signed up for their yearly craft weekend in Truro and like your club no vaccine not welcome
My sister is pissed and screaming her rights etc etc but in the end she is not getting in
Also you are missing most would think it is a good thing if it forces any gun club to close :(

Cheers

·
Registered
635 Posts
My daughter is in that situation herself, she had a transplant 32 years ago and knock on wood she is doing fine. The transplant clinic told her that no research has been done on people with transplants so there is a good chance that her transplant will reject it, hard to decide to take that chance or lock yourself away in a closet, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't I guess

·
Registered
635 Posts
I know some will probably enjoy this but just recently our club sent every one notification that if you are not double vaccinated you no longer are welcome. With the gun ban we struggled to stay open, as members never renewed there membership. Like I explained about my physio appointments, I am one of the few that go. I am one of the few that has used the club. Now more members will be sent away. In a time when business can barely keep there doors open, get workers, this I cannot see helping, but what do I know. The head of the club thought I would be upset. No I said I really donot care anymore. Do what ever the masses think is right. This will never be over. People listening, living in fear from here on in it seems.
First I would want to see the clubs vaccination papers, might be surprised, do as I say not what I didn't do. I think members should also have that right to see as well

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
My daughter is in that situation herself, she had a transplant 32 years ago and knock on wood she is doing fine. The transplant clinic told her that no research has been done on people with transplants so there is a good chance that her transplant will reject it, hard to decide to take that chance or lock yourself away in a closet, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't I guess
Certain allergies from what my doc says is the only reason she would recommend one not to get it and since the flu shot I cannot get from my allergies and my past and current medical condition I was scared to death
Yes sitting there with the epipen pen ready to go as I was getting it and figured I was going to die
Small reaction yes after but still here and glad I did.
It came down to yes the vaccine might kill me but if I get covid I know it will so rolled the dice and went for it
Cheers

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
That very question has been asked at my Club (Range) No answer has been provided yet. I am double needled but dislike the Vaccine Passport at non-essential locations totally. It makes no mind that i need it at a Restaurant for example but do not need it at the Grocery store right beside them. As of Weds we are suppose to be totally back to normal...except. I dislike it so much that i have already written the Premier and my brand new MLA. No response from either and I do not expect any either. Bottom Feeders. I really do not need to belong to any range as I sold all my HG's last year.. Gone forever. If the range brings about that policy I will take my membership, plus bat and ball and start using DNR ranges.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That very question has been asked at my Club (Range) No answer has been provided yet. I am double needled but dislike the Vaccine Passport at non-essential locations totally. It makes no mind that i need it at a Restaurant for example but do not need it at the Grocery store right beside them. As of Weds we are suppose to be totally back to normal...except. I dislike it so much that i have already written the Premier and my brand new MLA. No response from either and I do not expect any either. Bottom Feeders. I really do not need to belong to any range as I sold all my HG's last year.. Gone forever. If the range brings about that policy I will take my membership, plus bat and ball and start using DNR ranges.
I could see that these new rules bothered our president. The government dumped the mess on them, in many areas vague. It does nothing to keep the doors open. Many times this year it was closed, not open to public, had restrictions imposed now this. During this time golf was as usual? Many businesses will struggle more now and the government will then have to turn around and give them hand outs, our money. Everyone will be back shooting, sighting in firearms in the woods again.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think anyone here enjoys seeing this but at the same time many me included have been saying it is coming in all areas of your life so unless one has a REAL medical condition preventing one from getting the vaccine and your doc will write a letter ( which my doc says almost NONE are doing ) be prepared to get the vaccine or live in isolation with the world and forget about what you enjoyed in the past
Plus the numbers that will not have it are getting less and less daily so the impact eventually will be not felt by any business or event
My wife this weekend and her friends signed up for their yearly craft weekend in Truro and like your club no vaccine not welcome
My sister is pissed and screaming her rights etc etc but in the end she is not getting in
Also you are missing most would think it is a good thing if it forces any gun club to close :(

Cheers
Do you know many businesses are not allowing people with medical exemptions to enter. The masses have spoken. We need everyone going forward but we are making two groups, those that can, those that can't. Never was there a time businesses needed support. Personally I think this could back fire. My give a fek meter is low.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My thoughts -

If what I've read is true, and I believe it is true, the more people that are fully vaccinated, the smaller the chance of the virus being able to spread and therefore the lower the risk to everyone. Including of course those people who actually do have a valid medical reason for not getting vaccinated.

So, the rest of the population should get vaccinated, not only to protect themselves and other vaccinated people, but all the vulnerable people that cannot get vaccinated.

Vaccination, plus reasonable safety measures like masks, hand sanitizing and staying the hell home when you think you might be sick are really the only tools we have to fight this thing. Notice how the number of cold and flu cases have dropped off incredibly over the last year and a half? Think how many older people have been saved from death from the flu because of the safety measures we've all been taking. So the measures do work at preventing spread. They're a royal pain in the butt but they work. Then, add in vaccinations for flu and covid and the population is as safe as we're going to get.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Do you know many businesses are not allowing people with medical exemptions to enter. The masses have spoken. We need everyone going forward but we are making two groups, those that can, those that can't. Never was there a time businesses needed support. Personally I think this could back fire. My give a fek meter is low.
No but would be interested to hear since most have never GOT a doctors letter to even show and so far very few have asked for vaccine proof
It is only backfiring on those that think they can win this one and never get a vaccine and live life like they did prior. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
The few percent that are left when this is said and done won't matter to anyone or any business
Canada is now 84 % with their first shot and 74% with two . Remember when it was said here maybe 6 months ago 75% was never going to happen now 95% will be hit
Your anti crew of supporters are dying a slow death
Cheers

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I could see that these new rules bothered our president. The government dumped the mess on them, in many areas vague. It does nothing to keep the doors open. Many times this year it was closed, not open to public, had restrictions imposed now this. During this time golf was as usual? Many businesses will struggle more now and the government will then have to turn around and give them hand outs, our money. Everyone will be back shooting, sighting in firearms in the woods again.
What government the new PC?? since there has been nothing new for a long time on this from the liberals and no where did they require gun club members to be vaccinated only
Seems your pres is trying to place blame on others vs himself and the board for a decision they made
If anything IMO this came from membership pressure and the question how many do I lose either way and it is clear who won
And don't think for one minute golf is safe. Already in place in some provinces and will get here eventually

Vaccination passports are not required for free practice of golf when the activity takes place outdoors.

However, it will be required from participants:
  • In the food service areas, including terraces;
  • In golf competitions;
  • In golf tournaments.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What government the new PC?? since there has been nothing new for a long time on this from the liberals and no where did they require gun club members to be vaccinated only
Seems your pres is trying to place blame on others vs himself and the board for a decision they made
If anything IMO this came from membership pressure and the question how many do I lose either way and it is clear who won
And don't think for one minute golf is safe. Already in place in some provinces and will get here eventually

Vaccination passports are not required for free practice of golf when the activity takes place outdoors.

However, it will be required from participants:
  • In the food service areas, including terraces;
  • In golf competitions;
  • In golf tournaments.
My god you can certainly twist things around. This is happening across Canada. The government is vague on what the rules are, Holy fek how could it be membership pressure, many have not visited the club this year because of restrictions, closeure etc. Many just up and quit because of the proposed gun ban. I really can't see how you know what goes on in our club unless you are a member :p If truth be known there are a lot more unvaccinated than the government would have us believe. I told you before the physio clinic I go to is running at 40%, people never came back. Take the non vaccinated out, good luck. See a couple of countries today have changed there mind on pass ports, its not working for them.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No but would be interested to hear since most have never GOT a doctors letter to even show and so far very few have asked for vaccine proof
It is only backfiring on those that think they can win this one and never get a vaccine and live life like they did prior. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
The few percent that are left when this is said and done won't matter to anyone or any business
Canada is now 84 % with their first shot and 74% with two . Remember when it was said here maybe 6 months ago 75% was never going to happen now 95% will be hit
Your anti crew of supporters are dying a slow death
Cheers
And how do you know that? Why are are they still pushing for vaccines? Don't they have the numbers they were looking for or maybe not. Why are you labelling me anti? Is there no one with a medical reason you believe should be exempt?

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
My god you can certainly twist things around. This is happening across Canada. The government is vague on what the rules are, Holy fek how could it be membership pressure, many have not visited the club this year because of restrictions, closeure etc. Many just up and quit because of the proposed gun ban. I really can't see how you know what goes on in our club unless you are a member :p If truth be known there are a lot more unvaccinated than the government would have us believe. I told you before the physio clinic I go to is running at 40%, people never came back. Take the non vaccinated out, good luck. See a couple of countries today have changed there mind on pass ports, its not working for them.
Not twisting anything you just get out of joint when it is not going your way and it never will be on this topic. The province makes the rules here not the feds being vague
There is that physio clinic again. Yep that is a great representation of what is taking place in the province. You ever think maybe that is why your members are NOT coming back to your club they want the mandatory vaccine proof in place. Seriously how in the hell did the gun ban make a difference. So some guns got banned lots didnot so no reason for people not to be still shooting. NO handguns were touched for example
Wife just told me the truro craft weekend is booked solid and she doesn't ever remember that happening and has been going over 20 years
Those non vaccine individuals not being allowed to attend sure made a difference there:rolleyes:
You are in for a hard year my friend and it is just starting

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
And how do you know that? Why are are they still pushing for vaccines? Don't they have the numbers they were looking for or maybe not. Why are you labelling me anti? Is there no one with a medical reason you believe should be exempt?
Humm maybe because it is NOT a requirement until October 4th in Nova Scotia to provide any proof so most businesses are not asking at this stage
Why pushing since they want as close as they can get to 100%
Simple if you have no doctors letter and no vaccine you are an anti plain and simple and so far nothing you have shared here would suggest you would be in that exempt group and yes some for sure will get one but that list will be a very small percentage Accept it or not a lot of people with Afib got theirs and are fine as one example
Ontario has determined for them just TWO VALID medical reasons right now
YOU have no clue how it will effect you if at all until you get a first shot and you are being the doctor IMHO so far. Plus docs are very hesitant to do letters to this effect right now and that came from my doc not me
Cheers

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Humm maybe because it is NOT a requirement until October 4th in Nova Scotia to provide any proof so most businesses are not asking at this stage
Simple if you have no doctors letter and no vaccine you are an anti plain and simple and so far nothing you have shared here would suggest you would be in that exempt group and yes some for sure will get one but that list will be a very small percentage Accept it or not a lot of people with Afib got theirs and are fine as one example
YOU have no clue how it will effect you if at all until you get a first shot and you are being the doctor IMHO so far. Plus docs are very hesitant to do letters to this effect right now and that came from my doc not me
Cheers
Cheers
I forgot like my cousin you are also a doctor, or the doctor you have on speed dial has access to everyones health records. You must see that doc of yours every day. Lots a non vaccinated people are walking off jobs. I am hearing right here in Greenwood on the base civilians are going home with pay that are not vaccinated, they don't know what to do with them, no ones getting fired. Free vaccation I guess, leaving them shorthanded. But you will say its not so.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Do you know if this range came up with that policy all by themselves, or is it because of provincial health directives?

The province of NS is supposed to require vaccine proof for all non-essential places of entertainment, leisure, recreation, etc. for October 4th I believe Dr. Strang said. That would include any sort of sports club.

Personally, I doubt the systems will be ready for the October 4th timeline. There is way too much needed to happen. The clubs and places of business would need someone dedicated to just scanning people's proof and that solution has to talk to something that can validate it. You can't make a full system like that, that works everywhere, in just a few weeks. If you do it without a validation system, then fakes will be common as a workaround. This is going to be the worst social impact of the pandemic when folks become pitted against each other for stupid reasons.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Unfortunately people seem to be pushing these vaccine passports. Well this fella won’t be getting it. Doesn’t bother me if I am rejected at every door. I will order on line and place my money elsewhere. This can’t go to a restaurant or a club is pretty hypocritical in my opinion. Your chosing who to let in….really…imagine if a French food Restaurant said….no english people here, can only serve the French or Putting a policy that overweight people not be allowed at fast food restaurants. Obesity in Canada is a stat that takes tolls on our health care. Nothing enforced there. How foolish does that sound. But not letting someone in a restaurant because they are not vaccinated for a virus with a 98% recovery rate… I am sure some will say that’s not the same. It’s discrimination no matter which way you look at it. Population is being divided. Having had covid, and looking at the stats…yes it’s scary…but still over 98% survival rate.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Thunderstick my friend you are full of excuses that is all trying to keep justifying your decision but again in the end a losing fight
Forget the rest of the people in the world they have NOTHING to do with you and who cares if my doc lives with me be thankful you don't have to live like some here daily that cannot do 1/2 of what we still can and yes I would say some do have them on speed dial but not me YET
Great if your cousin is a doc since you said you have none so there is a problem solved and being your cousin they already wrote a letter for you and now you have no worries about being rejected for no vaccine (y)
Ask your doc cousin if the docs are looking at coming up with a standard for these letters so all are on the same page and see what they say
Honestly do you know even one person that has one. I know quite a few that tried but so far none are saying they got one in fact total opposite and pissed since they cannot believe it with their conditions and before you say anything yes I know people that have had covid here
Cheers

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Unfortunately people seem to be pushing these vaccine passports. Well this fella won’t be getting it. Doesn’t bother me if I am rejected at every door. I will order on line and place my money elsewhere. This can’t go to a restaurant or a club is pretty hypocritical in my opinion. Your chosing who to let in….really…imagine if a French food Restaurant said….no english people here, can only serve the French or Putting a policy that overweight people not be allowed at fast food restaurants. Obesity in Canada is a stat that takes tolls on our health care. Nothing enforced there. How foolish does that sound. But not letting someone in a restaurant because they are not vaccinated for a virus with a 98% recovery rate… I am sure some will say that’s not the same. It’s discrimination no matter which way you look at it. Population is being divided. Having had covid, and looking at the stats…yes it’s scary…but still over 98% survival rate.
And what will you do when it eventually spreads to getting health care and you require it for treatment or surgery and don't think for one minute that is not going to happen down the road. I needed it for a dentist and eye appointment here in the past month and it is growing and growing daily with different places looking for it
Yes the population is divided at about 90/10 right now and the 10% are losing ground quickly as it is being pounded into peoples heeds that the new waves are being driven by non vaccinated individuals
Cheers

1 - 20 of 89 Posts