Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I don’t understand why all the vaccinated are afraid of the unvaccinated. Your vaccinated…suppose to mild the symptoms right….so if the unvaxes land themselves such as myself in the hospital, then that’s where I go. Makes no sense.
People talk about the hospitals filling up….ok I understand that. Everyone in the world knows smoking is bad for you, a million studies prove it. Smokers smoke anyway and possibly many end up with some type of cancer….ding ding where do they go…hospital. But for those who don’t want to get vaxed they are put down or put to blame. It’s all choice. Knowing what smoking does, maybe smokers shouldn’t have access to health care if their issue is smoking related…man what a ton of money the health care system would save. I am sure not as much today as 25 years ago…..pure descrimination….but it’s ok to descriminated around those who don’t want the vaccine???? It’s a choice…and a choice that is slowly being taken away. Very hypocritical. I’m not for or against….I respect those who want it get it. Those who don’t, that’s fine too. This vaccine that suppose to be so amazing…Alberta is looking at a 3rd booster….ya booster. Hmmm….next year may be the fourth.
Right on supposed to be a FREE COUNTRY which means free to choose. Anyone who thinks it’s okay to force a vax on people or agrees with it is NOT A CANADIAN AND SHOULD MOVE TO RUSSIA OR CUBA!!!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
taxs on smokes would more than pay for there hospital stay
We should also include those that consume alcohol and anyone more then 10 pounds over weight but perhaps first we should introduce a tax for anyone over weight.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
The sooner the people see this “virus” for what it is … the better. It’s all about selling a vaccine. The 80%of the double vaxxed WILL require a booster … probably a yearly thing … for a cold so deadly that there are 4 people in our 40 hospitals in NS. Talk about “sheeple”. I could care less who is vaxxed and who is not … STOP SHAMING THE UNVAXXED !! WHAT ARE THE VAXXED SO AFRAID OF ???? This plan-demic is all about the money. Always has been.
Boosters wii be required every 5-6 months as studies show the vaccines efficiency drops dramatically in that time period.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Nice shooting.:) I thought you were tougher than that :pand would never give up and take their ball and bat and walk away from this sorry ball and lever :)
Wondering if this will impact DNR ranges also my guess would be yes but don't know
Cheers
DNR ranges, do people “gather” at these ranges?

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
DNR ranges, do people “gather” at these ranges?
This not a DNR range?? Just asking
  • indoor and outdoor leisure facilities and businesses such as dance and music lessons, climbing facilities, escape rooms, pottery painting, indoor play places, arcades, shooting ranges, go-carts and outdoor adventure

·
Administrator
10,216 Posts
Be safe and healthy, time to walk from this topic. My last time I can go to the range. Muzzle loader, new scope and mounts, dialed in. Cheers.
nice !! 25 yds...lol

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
This not a DNR range?? Just asking
  • indoor and outdoor leisure facilities and businesses such as dance and music lessons, climbing facilities, escape rooms, pottery painting, indoor play places, arcades, shooting ranges, go-carts and outdoor adventure
Careful reading would indicate they mean indoor ranges as after the pottery painting, ( note the comma) they refer to indoor activities until they get to outdoor adventure.
DNR range is not a “ leisure facility “ but is a necessary step all hunters should utilize before heading to the woods to insure their kill will be quick and ethical

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Careful reading would indicate they mean indoor ranges as after the pottery painting, ( note the comma) they refer to indoor activities until they get to outdoor adventure.
DNR range is not a “ leisure facility “ but is a necessary step all hunters should utilize before heading to the woods to insure their kill will be quick and ethical
I don't read it like that but maybe wrong
Go carts are not inside and yes one could say the DNR ranges are not a leisure facility but they are there for what is seen today as a leisure sport HUNTING and no longer a necessity as it was for people years ago to feed their families. Out west yes maybe but not here in Nova Scotia
Cheers

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Go carts are not inside and yes one could say the DNR ranges are not a leisure facility but they are there for what is seen today as a leisure sport HUNTING and no longer a necessity as it was for people years ago to feed their families. Out west yes maybe but not here in Nova Scotia
Cheers
Not to some rural people I am friends with. Some have big families and not a lot of income. Hunting still puts food on their table and they rely on it. I wouldn't expect such a comment like that from you considering the amount of lower income people you must "know" in the Cape.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Not to some rural people I am friends with. Some have big families and not a lot of income. Hunting still puts food on their table and they rely on it. I wouldn't expect such a comment like that from you considering the amount of lower income people you must "know" in the Cape.
I honestly know no one that truly needs to hunt to provide for their families in 2021 here
The real low income people I know cannot afford to hunt since it is not cheap to do today and rely on the government to provide for them and they do. Know lots getting over $2000-$3000 a month baby bonus alone
Yes maybe a couple like to supplement with hunting cause they like the taste but they don't have to like we did growing up
Christ if we had to rely on deer as we did people would have starved to death here in the cape after the deer disappeared in the 90's and really just coming back in the last few years
Cheers

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Cheers
Most go cart places are indoors around here, the Biggest being cartbahn in Bayers lake.
The idea of the restrictions are for places where people gather in large numbers. DNR ranges normally only have one or two people there at a given time.

SORRY BUT YES HUNTING IS A VERY REAL NECESSITY!!!
Out west over east up north or down south does not make any difference,
HUNTING IS A VERY REAL NECESSITY!!!!!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I honestly know no one that truly needs to hunt to provide for their families in 2021 here
The real low income people I know cannot afford to hunt since it is not cheap to do today and rely on the government to provide for them and they do. Know lots getting over $2000-$3000 a month baby bonus alone
Yes some like to supplement with hunting but they don't have to like we did growing up
Christ if we had to rely on deer as we did people would have starved to death here in the cape after the deer disappeared in the 90's and really just coming back in the last few years
Cheers
You may not know anyone but I know several rural people that if it wasn’t for game they would have no meat or fowl, these people also rely heavily on fish they catch. Obviously beaverhunter knows some as well.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Yes some like to supplement with hunting but they don't have to like we did growing up
Cheers
Can’t afford to hunt???
License cost what $30 that’s pretty much one roast! License plus one bullet = $30.25, most shoot game on their own land with a hand me down 30:30 or 303. So one deer more then makes up for the expense.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Can’t afford to hunt???
License cost what $30 that’s pretty much one roast! License plus one bullet = $30.25, most shoot game on their own land with a hand me down 30:30 or 303. So one deer more then makes up for the expense.
Ya when my grandfather hunted
Come on 3D it is not 1961 next you are going to tell me folks around you make less money than capers around me and would starve without hunting
Where the hell is a bullet 25 cents today tell me please
in 2018 the average hunter in NS spent per year
Nova Scotia $ 515

take care

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
You may not know anyone but I know several rural people that if it wasn’t for game they would have no meat or fowl, these people also rely heavily on fish they catch. Obviously beaverhunter knows some as well.
Only ones I know honestly are first nations
Cheers

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Ya when my grandfather hunted
Come on 3D it is not 1961 next you are going to tell me folks around you make less money than capers around me and would starve without hunting
Where the hell is a bullet 25 cents today tell me please
in 2018 the average hunter in NS spent per year
Nova Scotia $ 515

take care
Here is a novel idea. Why not just admit you are wrong and stop trying to defend your narrow opinion. Just because you don't know anyone who actually counts on deer meat to get by doesn't mean they don't exist. The people I am aware of don't wear any fancy hunting clothes and don't spend anymore than a box of bullets every few years on hunting and they hunt on their back 40. I have personally donated a whole deer to them when they were unsuccessfull so they could have some meat to get through the winter.

You can smell the Liberal right on you. If its not in your world it doesn't exist and you are naive about anything that doesn't fit your world view. For an older guy who claims to have done everything and know everything I know its it's real hard to do but try this once to admit you are wrong.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Here is a novel idea. Why not just admit you are wrong and stop trying to defend your narrow opinion. Just because you don't know anyone who actually counts on deer meat to get by doesn't mean they don't exist. The people I am aware of don't wear any fancy hunting clothes and don't spend anymore than a box of bullets every few years on hunting and they hunt on their back 40. I have personally donated a whole deer to them when they were unsuccessfull so they could have some meat to get through the winter.

You can smell the Liberal right on you. If its not in your world it doesn't exist and you are naive about anything that doesn't fit your world view. For an older guy who claims to have done everything and know everything I know its it's real hard to do but try this once to admit you are wrong.
It is not about right or wrong. Still butt sore are you at me. GET OVER IT and go count your guns for our one for one match remember I am the guy with NO guns YOU said . PROVE IT I say gun for gun
How is that for a novel idea
I am just being 100% honest that is all. I DON'T KNOW ANYONE today here in that position years ago tons but not today .Maybe there are 1000's here I don't know them that is all I said and Kudos to you for helping out I would do the same if I could and I knew anyone in that position which is why I give all my extra veggies to the food bank every year which can be some years truck loads hoping they help someone that needs it
I don't know everything or have done everything far from it and I have never said that in my life so like I said get over the butt sore
What I have done in my life I do to the best of my ability with the best gear I can afford and yes stay on the top of what is going on there in those areas I still participate in. Is that a crime or something
Cheers

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
It is not about right or wrong. Still butt sore are you at me. GET OVER IT and go count your guns for our one for one match remember I am the guy with NO guns YOU said . PROVE IT I say gun for gun
How is that for a novel idea
I am just being 100% honest that is all. I DON'T KNOW ANYONE today here in that position years ago tons but not today .Maybe there are 1000's here I don't know them that is all I said and Kudos to you for helping out I would do the same if I could and I knew anyone in that position which is why I give all my extra veggies to the food bank every year which can be some years truck loads hoping they help someone that needs it
I don't know everything or have done everything far from it and I have never said that in my life so like I said get over the butt sore
What I have done in my life I do to the best of my ability with the best gear I can afford and yes stay on the top of what is going on there in those areas I still participate in. Is that a crime or something
Cheers
No butt sore here besides when my hemorrhoids act up there buds.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts