Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've been tossing this idea around for a long time now and figure there is no time like the present to give it a go. I announced this idea on the sister site (NovaScotiaFishing.com) a few days ago and the response has been great so far.

With the large number of site members, I thought it would be kind of neat to organize a very casual form of member meet & greets in various locations around the province. The obvious meeting spot is a local Tim Hortons because at least one can be found in almost every town in Nova Scotia.

Let's try to schedule 1 meet and greet per month in various locations around the province and we'll see where things lead from there. Perhaps this could end up being a monthly event all over the province.

Here's how I see this unfolding…

I'll start things off by setting 8pm, Wednesday November 21st as the first NSH Tim's meet & greet. The first member to suggest a local Tim Hortons as a meeting spot must provide at least the street name and if possible, the civic number of the Tim's. Once you commit to attending a suggested Tim's meet & greet, please just make a simple reply in this topic with the location and date of the event you plan to attend. If at least 2 members in a particular city or town plan on attending, I'll schedule it in the site calendar as well as promote it on the site and our Facebook and Twitter pages during the week prior. I'll also include google map directions to the target Tim Hortons.

Let's try starting things off with the following locations at 8pm on Wednesday November 21st (Yarmouth on the 22nd), and as interest builds, we'll firm up the details:

Halifax (Meet & Greet and Tim Hortons location - Larry Uteck Blvd.) - It's a GO!

Dartmouth (Meet & Greet and Tim Hortons location - Colby Village Plaza) - It's a GO! (can someone please post the civic address for this Tims?)

Porters Lake (@ Porters Lake Tim Hortons - click here for google map) - It's a GO!

Truro (Meet & Greet and Tim Hortons location - Willow St. - click here for google map ) - It's a GO!

Oxford (Meet & Greet and Tim Hortons location TBD by first interested member) - Some interest, not officially a go yet.

New Glasgow (Meet & Greet and Tim Hortons location TBD by first interested member) - Some interest, not officially a go yet.

Sydney (Meet & Greet and Tim Hortons location TBD by first interested member) - Some interest, not officially a go yet.

New Minas (@ Commercial St. across from Super Store - click here for google map) - It's a GO!

Digby (Meet & Greet and Tim Hortons location TBD by first interested member)

Yarmouth (Nov. 22nd @ Starrs Rd. Tim Hortons) - It's a GO!

Shelburne (Meet & Greet and Tim Hortons location TBD by first interested member) - Some interest, not officially a go yet.

Bridgewater (@ Dominion St. Tim Hortons - click here for google map) - It's a GO!

If anyone else wants to suggest another location, go for it.

This could get interesting

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
8 on the 21st? But Dave that's gonna conflict with the NSF meet and greet:D now I have to decide which to attend. Lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another thing i thought of the other day could be a 3d shoot hosted by novascotiahunting.com at different venues every year, make it a big event like the bans shoots and bowfest etc...camp outs wild game cooking all night long and lots of stories....plus a 3d course all geared towards hunting senerios

·
Registered
898 Posts
Love the idea Dave. I'll be at the Bridgewater location. Outside/inside? I'll be the confused looking guy with the winchester hat driving the black Nissan Xterra (Safari Soccer Mom car as my wife calls it).

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like a great idea. I enjoy the NS and NB sites every day but am in Saskatchewan so can only say....go for it.....great way to strengthen the membership and meet people who are otherwise just letters on a screen....good luck with it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another thing i thought of the other day could be a 3d shoot hosted by novascotiahunting.com at different venues every year, make it a big event like the bans shoots and bowfest etc...camp outs wild game cooking all night long and lots of stories....plus a 3d course all geared towards hunting senerios
flippert, that's a good idea no doubt. At this point we'll see how the turn out is for these casual member meet ups and go from there

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dave;
I think this is a great idea ................
Keep a thread or forum on the go about the success of it.
I'm in central Labrador so I'll be a cyber onlooker.
Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think this is a great idea . To bad it's Wednesday because mid week is a popular day for a lot of things and I have other commitments .

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wish I could be there this go around folks, but That's the week were back in the woods...lol, have fun guys...hopefully I'll make the next one!

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
Me and Rembolt, MJN and JasonJ1 have been doin this since early this year

·
Registered
756 Posts
I would go but wed is my handgun night and I have to unlock and start the club up .... oh well ....

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
Jason told me he's gettin a bit tired of you hoggin all the Timbits too
Timbits ????...them's small potatoes nowwww..
...MJ had one of them frosted cinnamon rolls...had about 3 inches of icing on it....mmmm....yummy...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think this is a great idea but because I work shiftwork I will be unable to attend. If the meeting days were on a Fri or Sat night however.....
Maybe a picture or two could get posted??

1 - 20 of 54 Posts