Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dartmouth Clay Target Association (DCTA) will be hosting an all-around shotgun event this Sunday, October 4, 2015.

The fun shoot will consist of 1 round (25 birds) of each Skeet, Trap and 5-Stand Sporting. Side games of a flush and a Flurry event will be held in the afternoon.

Cost is $35.00 for the fun shoot ( Lunch Included). Each of the side games will be $20.00 per two man team, with a 50/50 payout for the highest combined team score. ( 1st 30%, 2nd 15%, 3rd 5%)

Registration starts at 9:00, shooting begins at 9:30

We hope to see you there

Who: You and a friend

What: Fun Shoot and Side Games

When: Sunday Oct 4, 9:00 AM

Where: DCTA - 2500 Cow Bay Road, Cow Bay

Why: Because it will be a blast!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to all who attended and helped make the day a success. If you couldn't make it, we hope to see you at our next event.

The shooting was enjoyed by all, the heckling was up to par, and the wind added some extra challenges.

As for results, we broke the results into three Lewis type classes, based on scores for 75 birds.

HOA was Dean Ogilvie with 68

A1 was Brian McLeod with 66

A2 was Alvin Boudreau with 65

B1 was Shawn Starratt with 55

B2 was Trevor Isenor with 54

C1 was Mike Zelman with 45

C2 was Jeff Smith with 42

Prizes were 4 boxes of shell for HOA and 2 boxes of shell for each of the 1st and 2nd places in each class.

Congratulations to each of you. Well Shot!!!

The Flush and Flurry side games were also a hit, based on my observations. We had 5 teams of two shooters participate. The combined scores were used to determine the winners, and cash payouts.

The team of Dean Ogilvie and Alvin Boudreau took top honours with a combined score of 40 out of 80 birds for $60.00 Mike Zelman and Mart Johanson took 2nd place with 29 broken for $30.00, and Todd Turner, Anthony Wambolt and Cyril Butt shared 3rd place with 27 broken birds, and a whopping $10.00. Don't spend it all in one place guys.

Thanks;

Ian McKay

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Dartmouth Clay Target Association (DCTA) will be hosting an all-around shotgun event this Sunday, October 4, 2015.

The fun shoot will consist of 1 round (25 birds) of each Skeet, Trap and 5-Stand Sporting. Side games of a flush and a Flurry event will be held in the afternoon.

Cost is $35.00 for the fun shoot ( Lunch Included). Each of the side games will be $20.00 per two man team, with a 50/50 payout for the highest combined team score. ( 1st 30%, 2nd 15%, 3rd 5%)

Registration starts at 9:00, shooting begins at 9:30

We hope to see you there

Who: You and a friend
What: Fun Shoot and Side Games
When: Sunday Oct 4, 9:00 AM
Where: DCTA - 2500 Cow Bay Road, Cow Bay

Why: Because it will be a blast!!!
Hi I know this An old thread, but I have recently immigrated to Nova Scotia and moved into cow bay, I've noticed the club down by rainbow haven. I can't really find any info online but I'm really interested in getting into clay/skeet shooting and was wondering if you had info about joining the club?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
If you drop by the club on sunday .I beleive its 10am to 3pm .I know one of the member would be more than happy to show you around and answer your questions .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, come on down and check us out. We are open Sunday mornings from 10:00 until about 14:00, and Wednesdays from 16:00 until dusk. Drop in and someone will show you our facilities. We have skeet, trap and 5-stand sporting. Also, there is the option to shoot international skeet.

Ian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, come on down and check us out. We are open Sunday mornings from 10:00 until about 14:00, and Wednesdays from 16:00 until dusk. Drop in and someone will show you our facilities. We have skeet, trap and 5-stand sporting. Also, there is the option to shoot international skeet.

Ian
Awesome! Thanks a lot I'll try get down when I'm home from vacation.

Thanks again

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.