Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has been chomping at the bit to travel again. So she booked a bus tour of southern Ireland with west jet. Her friend booked her own ticket.. Her friends ticket was $500 return nonstop Halifax to Dublin. Danielle you have to book soon as the flight was filling up. Day later she books $836 return. All arrangements made couple months ago. They wait the time and load the flight. They are off to Ireland 4 of them. Ireland covid numbers are similar to Ont . Dublin #s are like Ottawa.. All 4 were double masked all the time except for 2 suppers where 100 people were unmasked. Needless to say on the second last day shes not feeling the best. Stick up the nose trick. POSITIVE. The other 3 are negative. Filled out her Arrivecan app . saying she has covid. First mistake but the right move. Her 3 travel partners fly out and were not asked any question about covid at airport. They were asked one question... Had they filled out their Arrive can app. YES YES YES. Off they go.
Wife calls west jet. for 3 hrs the phone only rang and was never answered. Jumps on a bus to airport . West jet counter says they cant help her. Needs to call the phone line. Returned to hotel calls for several hrs west jet. No answer. So she say @@@@ it I will book a new flight.

So back in Halifax her 3 travel partners are getting in.They all get home and then 2 of the 3 are not feeling well. Guess what POSITIVE POSITIVE

During her fever and headache and runny nose she looks for a return flight. Same flight same time in 5 days. Got a deal on it as it was a no cancellation no change flight. She has all the insurances but needs to get a covid test from a hospital so her covid insurance will kick in. She does that. Over the next few days she gets better and tested negative . Yesterday out for a short walk for medication has a panic attack as no one is wearing a mask anywhere . She runs back to her room and spends the day watching Judge Judy. So today 24 hrs prior to flight she tries to check in.
Sorry you can't check in as you are too early ...YOUR FLIGHT IS 15 DAYS AWAY.......WTF . She booked the wrong day. . Frantically calling and looking for a flight there was 2 seat available tomorrow Saturday.
She has said her travelling days are done.. The travel bug will return .
She not home yet still 27 hrs left to screw up again.
Hopefully I don't have a to add more to the story.

Good thing her travel account had grown over 2 years of not travelling. But bet its getting low now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She final made it back but after 3 negative tests is still very sick.
Green crap in lungs and started antibiotics today.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
A friend of mine had covid, very mild case but now has chronic long term covid symptoms. Nothing the doc can do, not much he can do either. If he wants to go for coffee hes tired walking from the house to his car. They dont have him on any pension as they told him he could go back to work.... Hes a carpenter so thats not likely to happen

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
A friend of mine had covid, very mild case but now has chronic long term covid symptoms. Nothing the doc can do, not much he can do either. If he wants to go for coffee hes tired walking from the house to his car. They dont have him on any pension as they told him he could go back to work.... Hes a carpenter so thats not likely to happen
I hope and will pray your mrs gets through this with no long lasting effects rasorback

Same here Tim. My bud 63 caught it first in the US working down there as an electrician. Big guy in pretty good shape and it placed him in the hospital down there
When he came home says he never had anything like it in his life and dam near died. Had one shot which was all that was out when he got it
Now his lungs are screwed and he can no longer work infact can barely walk 30 feet
Yep it is just a bad flue TO SOME but others it is very serious which is why I still wear masks in public places and could not careless what people think I will do my best not to catch it since with my past and cancer treatments it may kill me
Take care

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
jees Joe … walking to the greenhouse could kill you. Stop living in fear. Lose the mask and breathe freely. Two of our friends from Winnipeg, recently tested positive for the Rona. They are covid nazi’s. Two shots and two boosters, and double masks wherever they go. I haven’t worn the face diaper since March 21st and I’m still alive and covid free !!! I have had colds where I thought I was going to die. I even ended up in the hospital once because I was having difficulty breathing. Many people were in the same boat at some point in their life. It was a bad cold or the flu. It ran its course and you thought nothing of it. Now the government has everyone scared shitless of the same thing. The Rona affects everyone differently. Not too often, a person with no underlying health conditions has lasting effects from covid. It’s the smokers, or those prone to pneumonia that have the problems getting over it. If anyone has been paying attention …. The list of side affects from the snake poison that was injected into our arms, is growing everyday. Also …. in case any of you missed it … Canada is the only country hanging on to the foolish restrictions. Enough already. The world has put Covid on the back burner. It’s time for that worthless POS to do the same thing. This was just an experiment. Wait until the next one comes. I was watching something the other night. The Rona had a death toll of approximately 1% of the population. The next one they are thinking 10% and there is also a probability of 30-50% mortality rate. We ain’t seen nothing yet, folks. People quickly forgot about the 2 Chinese scientists that were fired from a lab in Winnipeg. That was kept mighty hush-hush. There is also the small pox virus in labs in China. I wonder when that is going to be “accidently leaked” ????

On another note … I hope your wife recovers quickly Rasobackqq.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
jees Joe … walking to the greenhouse could kill you. Stop living in fear. Lose the mask and breathe freely. Two of our friends from Winnipeg, recently tested positive for the Rona. They are covid nazi’s. Two shots and two boosters, and double masks wherever they go. I haven’t worn the face diaper since March 21st and I’m still alive and covid free !!! I have had colds where I thought I was going to die. I even ended up in the hospital once because I was having difficulty breathing. Many people were in the same boat at some point in their life. It was a bad cold or the flu. It ran its course and you thought nothing of it. Now the government has everyone scared shitless of the same thing. The Rona affects everyone differently. Not too often, a person with no underlying health conditions has lasting effects from covid. It’s the smokers, or those prone to pneumonia that have the problems getting over it. If anyone has been paying attention …. The list of side affects from the snake poison that was injected into our arms, is growing everyday. Also …. in case any of you missed it … Canada is the only country hanging on to the foolish restrictions. Enough already. The world has put Covid on the back burner. It’s time for that worthless POS to do the same thing. This was just an experiment. Wait until the next one comes. I was watching something the other night. The Rona had a death toll of approximately 1% of the population. The next one they are thinking 10% and there is also a probability of 30-50% mortality rate. We ain’t seen nothing yet, folks. People quickly forgot about the 2 Chinese scientists that were fired from a lab in Winnipeg. That was kept mighty hush-hush. There is also the small pox virus in labs in China. I wonder when that is going to be “accidently leaked” ????

On another note … I hope your wife recovers quickly Rasobackqq.
Real simple you live your life the way you like and I will live mine
I am now here almost 15 years more than I was given by the docs so changing NOTHING and doing everything I can to stay here noit to mention my lungs are not 100% from being in the mines as they tested when I left vs when I started Like 20% down back then 22 years ago
Wearing a mask to help p[event catching covid is nothing to me and I will do it until I die
Just found out from mom another dude I knew well died last night
Yep he was here wednesday ordering his flowers which I have put aside with his name on them :(
Took a pain I guess mowing grass heart attack, rushed to halifax for surgery and died before they did it. Made me think of our bud thunderstick and how dam lucky he was

One just never knows when our last day is but I am not going to try to bring it on sooner by catching covid
Cheers

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I am living my life.... without the face diaper. I retired at 51 so I could enjoy some quality time before I take the eternal dirt nap. I refuse to run around with those things draped across my face. If the Rona takes me ... so be it. My wife is always at me to stop eating processed meats. I will eat baloney and weiners until I die. I'm doing the things I enjoy while I'm still alive. I'm doing things that make me happy. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. No one knows when they are going to die... so live every day like it is your last, and I'll be goddamned if I'm running around with a stupid face mask on. My friends ... double masked whenever they go out in public ... and they still got it. Prime example. You're triple ... or maybe quad vaxxed Joe ... what are you afraid of ???? If you get it ... it will only be mild symptoms. Your chances of ending up in the hospital is very slim.... according to all the experts. Trust the science Joe !!!! Science is telling us we don't need the mask or any other restriction now. Trust the science !!!! I'm just messin' with you Joe. You do what's best for you. I will live like a normal human being.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
I am living my life.... without the face diaper. I retired at 51 so I could enjoy some quality time before I take the eternal dirt nap. I refuse to run around with those things draped across my face. If the Rona takes me ... so be it. My wife is always at me to stop eating processed meats. I will eat baloney and weiners until I die. I'm doing the things I enjoy while I'm still alive. I'm doing things that make me happy. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. No one knows when they are going to die... so live every day like it is your last, and I'll be goddamned if I'm running around with a stupid face mask on. My friends ... double masked whenever they go out in public ... and they still got it. Prime example. You're triple ... or maybe quad vaxxed Joe ... what are you afraid of ???? If you get it ... it will only be mild symptoms. Your chances of ending up in the hospital is very slim.... according to all the experts. Trust the science Joe !!!! Science is telling us we don't need the mask or any other restriction now. Trust the science !!!! I'm just messin' with you Joe. You do what's best for you. I will live like a normal human being.
Well being a 17 year survivor of a very rare form of pancreas cancer (estimated incidence of 1 in 1 million) I am not a regular human being any more :( and have taken more chemicals in just from that treatments and meds a bad cold could kill me so try my best to prevent even that
So rare in 2005 they had me join a US based support group and keep sending reports of my condition and there was only 11 of us in it in North americia
9 are now dead and me and a lady from Texas remain from the original 11 so it seems I am doing something right so as my doc says DON"T change a thing
By the way I retired before 51 before you :) and it is really easy to say everyone is going to die and they are but it means way more when you have a serious illness and should have been dead many years ago and docs cannot explain why you are still here
I will wear a diaper full of poop if it means not getting covid
Raining like crazy but opening tomorrow so have a few things to do
take care
Cheers

Yep everyone gets these messages like I just did :( which never lets you forget or take your mind off it which I wish I could every little pain or different feeling you automatically think OK now I am F'k it spread. Talk about hard on the head and some wonder why I am like I am yes crazy:p:p and honestly don't give a F'k anymore other than trying to be there and take care of my family and yes I will donate as I always do wish I could afford more

Dear Joseph,

This PanCAN Action Week, and as a pancreas cancer survivor please join advocates like you from across the country in sending a unified message to Congress: increase federal funding for pancreatic cancer research.

Did you know you have incredible influence with Congress? You do, and it’s YOU they want to hear from. When you urge Congress to make pancreatic cancer a national priority, you influence them to increase federal funding. And increased federal funding for pancreatic cancer research directly correlates to increased survival rates.

The louder we raise our voices, the more likely Congress will listen. That’s why we’ve made it easier than ever to contact your members of Congress via email, phone, and Twitter with step-by-step instructions. All you have to do is act now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She was able to do about 1hr of weeding today . Now its back to couch.
Little better each day.
Still sounds like crap coughing almost nonstop all day . Large chunks of lung flying out.🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

·
Registered
486 Posts
We got back from out west a week ago last Friday. We wore masks religiously! We both caught what we thought were "colds" while on the trip, or that's how it acted at least. When we got back we did rapid tests and I tested positive but my wife was negative so we don't know if she actually had it or not. Both stayed in for days until we both tested negative. My wife is still hacking at 3 weeks now though me not so much now. Still not a lot of energy but getting better.
Looks like we were lucky it wasn't a bad version.
Point here is - its out there just waiting for each of us!
Glad to hear your wife is going to be OK Rasorbackqq!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In 40 years I have never seen her this sick even with 3 shots.
Let me change that statement.... On Nov 15 2019 my wife arrived back from her last trip to Thailand. She said a few people on plane were coughing badly. Thailand is only a mm on a map from where covid started. She was just as sick then as she was late week. She dropped the bug on me and we were both on the same pills , nasal and phloem shes on now. She says she was the exactly the same then and now. Then in Late dec 2019 early Jan they call its covid. . We think she was some of the first to welcome it to Canada.

Still lots of coughing and crap in lungs . But between herbal teas antibiotics and pills she's better. Might get back to work next Thursday.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Let me change that statement.... On Nov 15 2019 my wife arrived back from her last trip to Thailand. She said a few people on plane were coughing badly. Thailand is only a mm on a map from where covid started. She was just as sick then as she was late week. She dropped the bug on me and we were both on the same pills , nasal and phloem shes on now. She says she was the exactly the same then and now. Then in Late dec 2019 early Jan they call its covid. . We think she was some of the first to welcome it to Canada.

Still lots of coughing and crap in lungs . But between herbal teas antibiotics and pills she's better. Might get back to work next Thursday.
Real glad to hear she is doing better
take care

1 - 19 of 19 Posts