Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

Outdoor Show

3K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  rasorbackqq 
#1 ·
Hearing from my brother that to set up a booth this year is $8000. He said Lequilles the biggest usually there at the show is not going because of the hike..Can't see many willing to pay that.

#2 · (Edited)
Hearing from my brother that to set up a booth this year is $8000. He said Lequilles the biggest usually there at the show is not going because of the hike..Can't see many willing to pay that.
Leguilles must have some huge set up 8000 bucks would be like almost 2200 square feet based on the pricing offered it seems and the list looks pretty long signed up but I have no clue who is missing or new but you would know it is here and no idea of last years costs

Standard Booths:

• Thursday March 9th, 9am – 8pm
Booth and Bulk Space rates (+ HST)

• 50% discount for Associations and Not-for-Profits
  • 100 – 399 sq. ft. = $9.00 per square foot
  • 400 – 999 sq. ft. = $6.35 per square foot
  • 1,000 sq. ft. + = $3.70 per square foot

Are you Tim and Kevin there some where or other NSH members

#5 · (Edited)
He was one of the biggest there for hunting supplies. I think he normally had three booths. The fees were going up each year. Hard to cover the cost when your travelling with all that gear, trailers, vehicles these days I suppose. Glad you posted that list. There appears is no hunting supply shops I see listed. Sad for an out door show. Seems like 60% has nothing to do with an outdoor show. Staying home I guess.

#3 ·
Ill be there 1030-11 with my little brother
Gotta ease him into the outdoor experience

Next week is march break and hes sitting in a cfsc before he takes it himself. Hes super keen to learn about firearms and shooting, we may get a next generation hunter.
Range time is booked for the 18th i think.

#4 ·
Ill be there 1030-11 with my little brother
Gotta ease him into the outdoor experience

Next week is march break and hes sitting in a cfsc before he takes it himself. Hes super keen to learn about firearms and shooting, we may get a next generation hunter.
Range time is booked for the 18th i think.
Cool I thought that was the one you guys attend Have a great time are you at a booth

#12 ·
People don't realize what's involved in setting up for a hunting or fishing retail booth/space. The amount of stuff to be taken from the store to the site may require several vehicles, and several trips.
Then you have to pc together the outline of your space. Install and put together the shelving...add the product hangers to the shelving...THEN go round and try and fit all your products on all the pegs...clothing carousels...setting up the gun racks...running the cables thru all the guns...and a hundred other things.
I seen Dougie workin day and night doin this for his beloved Hnatiuks booth prior to the show starting. Danny Ritchie...same thing. Trucks and trailers full of gear from the valley to HEC...the set up...the staffing, the tear down. With the tight margins on most products these days...the rent price, the price of fuel, meals, hotels (if they stay) they need to move a WHOLE LOT of product to just break even !!
I don't believe it's that they don't want to be there, most can't afford to take a loss to be there. My .02 worth

#15 ·
Yes I know Lequilles has to have a place for the staff to stay etc. Very expensive for a weekend when they keep putting the booths up. Its kind of sad because that show really was really big on the hunting side of things. When it started Lequilles was one of big vendors that had firearm prizes etc. Take that away and now all you got is home shows, bike shows, outdoor shows with all the same booths at each one. Loved going there looking for new hunting stuff. The wife says for me go down to my little lequilles gun room if I need a fix 😀. Got to go pick up new counter top today, sink and taps anyway, more gun money gone😀

#13 ·
Why does this put all my writing into one BLOB, with no indentation ????? I pause break and indent my paragraphs when I'm typing, but it doesn't show like that. !!!!
I even went back in to edit the indents and there they were. Save my progress and VOILA...the blob with NO indents again !!!!! WTF ??

#16 ·
I was going to run into the show tomorrow, but I'm not interested in all terrain vehicles or RVs. Instead, me and my grandson will head to Lequilles tomorrow and take a drive down through the valley. Supposed to be a nice day.I don't think the outdoor show is even close to what it was 5-10 years ago. Inflation has certainly had an impact on it.

#19 ·
All the Tall Tales that I post on this site are written on Note Pad and then copied into this forum.

I do not know why your post will not follow the paragraph format but no doubt has something to do with your settings on the in the invisible menu that you see in the shaded in strip across the top of each post while you are writing.

I will try and post this which was written on this site. Test , test, test, 1,2,3….

#22 · (Edited)
All the Tall Tales that I post on this site are written on Note Pad and then copied into this forum.
I do not know why your post will not follow the paragraph format but no doubt has something to do with your settings on the in the invisible menu that you see in the shaded in strip across the top of each post while you are writing.
I will try and post this which was written on this site. Test , test, test, 1,2,3….

#23 ·
I didn't think Lequilles has been there for a couple of years actually?

The outdoor show used to be a good spot but I would say over the past 5-7 years it has gone way down hill.

I am not interested in stepping foot in the door also don't have the money to throw around like I used to (Thanks Trudeau). I used to love the show and other shows and various gun shows and I think I got a great deal on a shotgun one year from a place not called Lequilles, all you had to do was ask, show deal? they did no tax and had the best price on that particular shotgun I wanted.

#49 ·
Your correct Lequilles stop going few yrs back too much work for too little profit.
I didn’t go this year, checked the vendors list and NO hunting / firearm vendors so forget it. Plus the last time the show was here they kicked us all out 10 minutes after I got there!!!

#24 ·

#35 ·
I didn't go today but may tomorrow depending on what else is going on. I looked at the kust of exhibitors and didn't see a lot of hunting related things. There are a couple big game outfitters, NS Archery and a couple other hunting/fishing associations there but not going to be much in the way of firearms and hunting equipment from what I could see.

#43 ·
Never bothered to go this year, I looked at the vendors list and there wasn't much worth seeing. I went to the Boat show and the Powersports show already this year so I wasn't too interested in looking at overpriced toys for a 3rd time this year. It really is a shame, and I do feel for the small businesses that spent the money for a booth this year, but when 1/3 of the show has nothing to do with Hunting/Fishing or RV-ing, hard to justify going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.