Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So in reality what has everyone done to keep busy this last 16-18 months of B.S lockdowns and so on , here is few pics of what's kept me busy besides out the cottage time , Fishing and hunting !
Garage doors just got 1 st coat on inside , front sides are done 2 coats primer after 600-1200 wet sanding and 4 top coats of semi gloss .
Garage floor is 6 inch thick , Mp 35 /5500 psi concrete, 3/4 rebar spaced 18 x 18 with main drive area being full 24 ft x 12 ft of 9 x 18 grid 3/4 rebar . Full 2 x 6 studs , top and bottom plates doubled up , 3/4 inch J bolts to fasten to the slab .
Pergola is 6 x 6 posts 8 ft and 2 x6 cross brases and rails , slab is 6 inch thick MP 35 /5500 psi rated concrete with 16 x 16 3/4 rebar grid .
I'll post some more of the retaining wall and what took to build it up .
Anyways what has kept youbusy ?

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Nice job. I am up at the cabin putting down vinyl plank flooring and ceramic tile entrances. Tired of looking at the cement slab. Of course that means reconfiguring all the trim. Getting there. I had a insect guy spray the cabin outside, the smell was so bad for a month I had to stay away. I have not seen any bug life since then. Yesterday was a full day with out noticing any odor. Flooring is done now to clean up my mess. Did not pick many projects this year as I could not come to terms with the prices. The flooring this year ended up half of what it would have cost three years ago. Strange but during these times. I only work up till end of August then its happy time.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ,Yes sir end of August i Celebrate a birthday and the start of happy time , hard to believe what a guy can stash in two 8 x 12 shed s , ones gettjng ripped down unless someone wants buy it , but that requires a boom truck ! To get it out here. Still not finished setting up the garage but at same time we are headed to NB😁 to check out places , don't mind doing these projects again only on bigger scale if need be 😎

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ,Yes sir end of August i Celebrate a birthday and the start of happy time , hard to believe what a guy can stash in two 8 x 12 shed s , ones gettjng ripped down unless someone wants buy it , but that requires a boom truck ! To get it out here. Still not finished setting up the garage but at same time we are headed to NB😁 to check out places , don't mind doing these projects again only on bigger scale if need be 😎. Pics of retaining wall we started last fall .
16 tandem loads of fill (2 ft sub cut from one street over minus the asfault ) , two tandem loads of street curbs 50 tons Class A 16 tons 3/4 -1 inch stone , 1& tons 4-6 inch stone 10 ton of 12-16 inch boulders . One broken back and busted wheel barrow

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Thanks ,Yes sir end of August i Celebrate a birthday and the start of happy time , hard to believe what a guy can stash in two 8 x 12 shed s , ones gettjng ripped down unless someone wants buy it , but that requires a boom truck ! To get it out here. Still not finished setting up the garage but at same time we are headed to NB😁 to check out places , don't mind doing these projects again only on bigger scale if need be 😎
Don't forget a good hook up for hanging stuff in the new garage:) One of my garages before I insulated the roof I placed a full length of 2 inch square stock across the rafters. Every couple feet I welded a short piece that sticks downward through the ceiling that a d ring can be attached to. Has come in very handy for, game, engines, painting etc.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't forget a good hook up for hanging stuff in the new garage:) One of my garages before I insulated the roof I placed a full length of 2 inch square stock across the rafters. Every couple feet I welded a short piece that sticks downward through the ceiling that a d ring can be attached to. Has come in very handy for, game, engines, painting etc.
trippling up on rafters in 3 different places for lifting capabilities and skinning game , thats already a given top priority (y):cool:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Wow !! Looks great. All I have done in the last 17 months is buy another gun safe. Buying guns before the nimrod makes that impossible. No projects for me. I don’t like work. I’m still mooching off the government. If he’s giving out free money … I’m taking it.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Just started casually looking for an antique car or truck for a restomod project. Something mid 30's to mid 50's vintage. Been doing work to the house when time and funds allow.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Sadly one needs real deep pockets now for even a builder
Hope you find something
Cheers
Meh...a body and chassis is all I need. I can deal with the rest.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Christ . I just finished doing the flooring in the wife's craft room. My first experience putting down that new goodfellow vinyl stuff with the paper cutter tool I call it
35 minutes later I am looking saying WTF I am done. I figured it would be hours like the old laminated
Then I thought my god even thunderstick with one paw can do this:D:D
Correction one paw and now poor eyes :(

1 - 20 of 44 Posts