Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Christ . I just finished doing the flooring in the wife's craft room. My first experience putting down that new goodfellow vinyl stuff with the paper cutter tool I call it
35 minutes later I am looking saying WTF I am done. I figured it would be hours like the old laminated
Then I thought my god even thunderstick with one paw can do this:D:D
Correction one paw and now poor eyes :(
Just did my entire bottom floor in the cabin with vinyl plank, plus ceramic tiled both entrances. Thought it was going to be a headache around the kitchen cupboards but the stuff was very easy to click together compared to the older stuff. No hunting boots tracking through now.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Just did my entire bottom floor in the cabin with vinyl plank, plus ceramic tiled both entrances. Thought it was going to be a headache around the kitchen cupboards but the stuff was very easy to click together compared to the older stuff. No hunting boots tracking through now.
I honestly have never installed anything easier or as quick. Like it so much I think next next summer I will do the entire house
Two dogs is hard on the old flooring as you know
take care

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Well not a huge project but the wife's new craft room is finally done
New window, flooring, paint, trim and a lot of the electrical replaced and a ton of new ikea
My god could be in the ikea store display IMO
She is real happy which is all that is important
Cheers
Cabinetry Property Drawer Dresser Wood
Property Shelf Building Interior design Cabinetry

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Wow...that'd be an awesome reloading room
Sure would my friend. She will not tell me how much she spent on that ikea stuff but I know I filled the truck twice picking it up and man some of those boxes are heavy and it must have had a million screws and bolts putting it together :( I hate doing that stuff
Take care
Years ago I save this pic of a set up a nutz member had and said some day I am going to build that
So far it hasn't happened and all I have is a old oak school desk and a strapping rack I made but it works just fine
Cabinetry Furniture Property Shelf Blue

Mine :(
Engineering Electrical wiring Machine Auto part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
710 Posts
Tyson - That's one very, very nice looking garage!! Very well built. No sense half doing it.
3Macs - Nice craft room!! Always important to keep "momma" happy! :)

I've done a few small things over the last year or so. Build matching dresser and a TV stand/storage unit. Made a few walking sticks and cutting boards. One in the winter of 2020 and one 2021. Did some scraping and painting on the house this year.

Did a bunch of clearing and cleaning up at a relatives cottage both last year and this year. This year took a bunch of garbage and construction debris to the dump, build a garbage bin for out by the road and fixed a pothole in the driveway. Replaced the bathroom vanity countertop and installed new sink and taps. Put all new windows in the cottage, including interior trim all painted. Fixed some electrical issues, repaired the washer (simple fix, I'm no appliance repair man).

Now starting to gut the bathroom to re-sheetrock, replace the tub and new ceramic tile around the tub to the ceiling.

Still have to do a couple more landfill runs this fall to remove some of the tons of garbage from an old collapsed camp on the site.

I may yet do some work on a friends camp up on the South Mountain this fall. Depends on if he lets me or not. He doesn't use the place so not interested in spending any time or money on the old place.

Have to fit all this in between my hunting days though. :)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Figure post some updated pics since getting garage door up , and painted both the man door and garage door , finished the Pergola with PT matching privacy lattice (properly framed in ) , Vinyl railing on bottom , Vinyl privacy lattice on two sides to keep prying eyes out on those late evenings , with lighted hot tub at 95• just right , put set lights around top side for that just right lighting to get in and out .

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Looking good joe. My wife wanted to redo the main bedroom and her art room so I said go ahead. She did a great job too!

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Well 2 years to the day one of my old friends got pulled out of the cave and seen daylight for the first time in 39 years
She was purchased in the mid 70's and raced until 1982 when I tore her apart to do a frame off. Got the frame, front end, and rear end done
Installed two new GM quarters, outer wheel housings, a new door skin, two new fenders and a new cowl hood.
Then life happened got married etc etc. So she sat untouched
Daughter decided to take three more years of university so I made a decision. I didnot have the 50K to finish it and had other muscle cars so two calls and she was gone for years I heard why do you keep that old trash. Well I sure wish I had more of it never had a RRSP return 3000% on my investment and covered almost two full years of university for the daughter
She is a 100% GM canada documented numbers matching 70SS chevelle with a 454 and 4 spd and to nice to see the progress over the last two years during covid
Vehicle cover Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle cover
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Car

The day she came out of the cave
Last week
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
WOW...one of my all time favs !! 69-70 Chevelle...and a 32-34 Ford Coupe !!
Course...I love the old pickups too...annnnd the Cuda's, the Demons..Swingers...,,,,guess maybe I got a few more than a few all time favs...lmao

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
WOW...one of my all time favs !! 69-70 Chevelle...and a 32-34 Ford Coupe !!
Course...I love the old pickups too...annnnd the Cuda's, the Demons..Swingers...,,,,guess maybe I got a few more than a few all time favs...lmao
I love them all but yes 70 chevelle is my favorite. Never owned a 34 but drug a few out of the weeks with my buddy jack H. He still has a 34 truck that he drives in NB not pretty in black primer but no rust and old flat head of course still in it
Had three 70SS chevelles here stashed two 454 4 spd and one 396 auto in various conditions one since 74 and the last one since 93
All gone now but like magoo says all about priorities and daughter is NO.1. Still have my 66 and 68 impala they will do me until I die and then she can have those also. LOL Been two summers trying now to show her how to drive an old big block 4 speed she is getting it now. Not like driving a new standard car for sure
Mrs could sure handle one back in the day and could do one hell of a power shift in the old chevelle and massive burn outs:D:D. Then again she starting driving mine at age 17
Today her knees are so bad she cannot even push the clutch in the impala :( Lucky she can still waddle I call it
Cheers

21 - 40 of 44 Posts