Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a spot to have some wall hangers tanned that I held back from the auction this year, maybe a dozen pelts, any leads?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I recommend Razorbacks work. He has a fast turn around time and reasonable pricing.
He has done 99% of mine (except the polar bear) and im thinking about the next one

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm looking for a spot to have some wall hangers tanned that I held back from the auction this year, maybe a dozen pelts, any leads?
Valley Taxidermy, I believe they send most stuff to a tannery in Quebec now though.

·
Administrator
9,922 Posts
Yup...Bruce sends all his away...so does Hnatiuks (they used to anyways)..prolly still do

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
If you want a pro job take it to Valley Taxidermy, otherwise go buy a tanning kit at Bass Pro and try it yourself I honestly can't think of any Taxi that does any of that local anymore for the work involved it's not worth it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas, Superslickie put me in touch with RB

I've done a couple hides with the tanning formula and they were ok, time consuming, which is in short supply right now lol

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Thanks for the opportunity to tan your hides. All done . Wife's back in town next week but not sure if she will have time to meet you. With the county line closures she has fallen way behind in her hair cutting clients for a couple weeks . I will contact you when she is available to meet or I'm back in city to drop off. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts