Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well...my great niece's Zuke salsa is soooo good, I did up a double batch (and a bit...lol).
Prepped the veggies last night and got on the boiling, simmering and bottling this morning.
12 - 500 mls...6 - 250 mls...1 - liter
If I soon don't stop with the frikken taste testing and sampling, I'll need to wear depends for the shoot tomorrow !!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I thought I was done for this season...I used the last of my marmalade this morning on my toasted home made bread...guess I know what I'll be doin Monday... M A R M A L A D E J A M !!!! LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought I was done for this season...I used the last of my marmalade this morning on my toasted home made bread...guess I know what I'll be doin Monday... M A R M A L A D E J A M !!!! LOL
They say great minds think alike and fools seldom differ Kevin am up to the same thing prepped the vegs yesterday and
canning another batch of mustard and bread and butter pickles today. I have made all the pickles I want and gave a dozens away and still have not put a dent in the cucumber patch. I guess they will make compost for next year never had
a year like this. Good luck tomorrow cause I am bringing my A game.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
They say great minds think alike and fools seldom differ Kevin am up to the same thing prepped the vegs yesterday and
canning another batch of mustard and bread and butter pickles today. I have made all the pickles I want and gave a dozens away and still have not put a dent in the cucumber patch. I guess they will make compost for next year never had
a year like this. Good luck tomorrow cause I am bringing my A game.
Most of us are the opposite and a terrible year . Too good to compost a quick kijiji listing will pay for next years seed :) or here the food bank takes them from me
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats a great Idea about the food bank 3macs1 I just thought they would want processed food but I will look into it.
It only seems sum stuff did well because beans dill and carrots mescaline lettuce not so well

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Thats a great Idea about the food bank 3macs1 I just thought they would want processed food but I will look into it.
It only seems sum stuff did well because beans dill and carrots mescaline lettuce not so well
Here they love getting fresh out of the garden veggies :) Dill is normally bullet proof strange for that not to grow like that other stuff they should make tires out of KALE :D
Take care

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
LOL...I'm thinking fools Mark.. lmao Honest to gawd tho...I seem to never tire of it...my wife does tjo..lol
...I'll be on my A+ game buddy.....Tim..Jody..Lloyd..and Nate should keep me on the up and up.
I had great dill this year again. I have a patch I'm letting go to seed..then I bring the heads in and dry them good...take the seed off...keep the biggest for replanting another spot or for friends to start some with. The rest goes into bottles for my next year's dill pickles. Terrible cukes snd beans here too.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts