Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Gotta wonder the general area your in. Buddy of mine has a few of those and two albino fawns and a nice buck on his farm. Just in general “ along the shore” lol.
Thanks for posting

· Registered
3,895 Posts
Seen several pics of Piebald deer this yr here on the Cape including a full Albino Doe with Triplets that were Piebald themselves . locations on them were all witheld and images shared with select few .

· Registered
7,526 Posts
That stand is outside of bridgewater. No farm near though
Wrong shore lol. Talking cobiquid bay. The area from kennetcook through to Walton and farther towards Burlington has been known for numerous piebald/albino sightings. Only ever saw one myself beautiful big buck with one small brown patch on one side. He was in a field We were crossing just at dusk and just stood there watching us. We ( my son and I ) just stared at him. My father saw him in the same place couple days later but then magically disappeared same as he had magically appeared Amazing how a big white deer can disappear!

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
I've seen them over the years in Stewiacke...Middle Musquodoboit...Harmony (Truro) Bridgewater area annnd bowater mersey lands...all while hunting. Some of them for 3 or 4 yrs in a row...same fields..woods. 1 buck..the rest were does.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
On our family land 30 years ago we had a white buck that made it to become a 6 point and for about 6 or 7 years we would see various piebald and then eventually no more as people shot them and they got killed with vehicles as the buck did. There was one two years ago here in the town of new waterford
Cheers

· Registered
2,074 Posts
Yup they are around, I feel once they are in the gene pool in a certain area they are more common than what they should be. There seem to be pockets of them all over the province. I tagged an 8 pt. Piebald a few years back. Tastes the same and a great trophy for the wall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts